ABM Industries

Be The First To
Add Photos

ABM Industries President, CEO, and Director Henrik C. Slipsager

Henrik C. Slipsager

Good company, good people. Union led employees, good managers.

Parking Attendant (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat for a college student, easy to talk to people from different backgrounds as your interacting with them during transactions. Management is in control, always looks to make as much revenue as possible to help company grow.

ConsCompany kind of stuck in the dark ages, not much room for promotion due to union contract, aging work force, technologically lacking compared to other companies.

fair

Security Officer (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

Prosfull time or part time flexible

Consgrave shifts swing shifts not enough pay sometimes

An OK Place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsGreat benefits package. Immediate managers are very fair and consistent. They strive for your success.

ConsUpper management is lacking in direction. The "know it all" attitude doesn't equate to good results. Upper management are not good leaders. They "lead" by intimidation, Not a good trait to VP's to have. Horrible Work/Life balance. Exteremly understaffed.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to have mutual respect and you will be successful.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I want out!

Field Supervisor (Current Employee) Newark, NJ

ProsEasy work for good pay... Great benefit package

ConsSome employees have worked for over 30 years and can't get weekends off... No rotating weekends no support from management counts severe weather state of emergency absences against you... no room for growth

Advice to Senior ManagementImplement a rotating schedule show more appreciation

Janitorial

Custodian (Current Employee) Tucson, AZ

ProsBest ever I loved working there

ConsLong hours I need a vacation

Advice to Senior ManagementBettrr pay

Best company I have ever worked for.

Building Engineer (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsPaid vacation. Sick time. Wonderful staff. Everyone is so helpful.

ConsNONE that I can think of.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing the great job you have all been doing since I started here almost 3 years ago.

It's a really good company with benefits and Union support.

Housekeeping (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsThis is a good company for stay at home moms, college students and any individual willing to do what is acquired of them within the company.

ConsThis company will have you floating from building to building with no security for a permanent position.They tend to hire family, friends and unmotivated individuals with no desire in improving the company. Co-workers and staff will lie cheat and steal from you if they feel as though it will advance their position while destroying yours.

Advice to Senior ManagementABM needs to stop hiring within their circles. The managers and supervisors are not honest trustworthy and do not have leadership skills. No room for promotion I worked almost 7 years for the company.They will start lying about work ethic if presented with permanent positions. The union also needs some readjustments as well.

Very large company that likes to promote from within. Satisfied employee of three years.

Site Supervisor (Current Employee)

ProsGood opportunity for advancement. Good availability for transfer due to many locations.

ConsManagement is poor at times.

Doesn't walk the talk...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGrowth oriented, ambitious company. Diverse offerings.

ConsLack of support and technical resources.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire the people needed to walk the talk. Saying you are great does not make you great.

Over promise; under deliver.

ProsExperience. Good place to start your career, but not stay more than 2-3 years

ConsNot a stable organization, extremely unorganized and unprofessional. The future of the company is very unclear

Advice to Senior ManagementActions speak louder than words. Don't just talk about the vision, actually do something

Worked for ABM Industries? Contribute to the Community!