ABRA Auto Body & Glass Reviews

Reset
2.4
ABRA Auto Body & Glass President/CEO Duane A. Rouse
Duane A. Rouse

Don't overlook this organization!

Current Employee - CSM in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - CSM in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at ABRA Auto Body & Glass full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is an automotive repair/collision organization like no other. They like to do things right every time and it shows- from customers and employees to management. I'm proud to be associated with this growing company and the way we differentiate ourselves in our customer service, training and leadership.

Cons

We're not as recognized in all markets.

2. Draining Corporate Atmosphere

I have been working at ABRA Auto Body & Glass full-time

Pros

Assured company stability, my location has some really great people working there -- always willing to help each other

Cons

Probably the worst organization and management I have ever seen in an office position. Horrible disconnect between corporate and repair shops -- corporate does not care about the people working for them. They only see money and think that if money isn't being collected or made, then the workers aren't working hard enough. Management is not much better. We had a long term employee repeatedly try to just speak to someone about moving locations -- he quit when he was constantly denied even the time to talk about it. It is a soul-sucking environment that will drain you of everything and then expect you to keep giving more to the company. People don't get fired here, they only get used up and then quit out of desperation to feel alive again. Raises are minuscule, if granted (and are only granted if you've been here a long time). Forget about moving to a different position -- once you're in your position, that's the only one they'll ever consider you for.

Advice to Management

Start throwing back some heat to corporate. Start protecting your employees a little more -- or lese you'll just keep losing more and more. There's a reason why employees are cycled through so fast -- its not just that you don't know how to pick 'winners'.

3. Poor Management from Corporate Office

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

Good pay but they kept changing our pay and bonus structure making it harder to keep making what we use to make.

Cons

Corporate Management wouldn't ask before Changing our pay. They would make new percentages and higher rates to make bonuses.

Advice to Management

Nothing matters to them anymore but there bottom line of making them more money no matter how employees feel.

Hold On

Former Employee - Minnesota in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Minnesota in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at ABRA Auto Body & Glass full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Rapid growth, friendly coworkers, decent compensation.

Cons

Lack of open communication, poor work life balance.

Advice to Management

Adopt greater internal communication.

6. Abra in a nutshell

Pros

Salary, benefits, ease of benefit and payroll access

Cons

Literally, everything else. Hours, management, work ethics.

Abra Review

Current Employee - General Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - General Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at ABRA Auto Body & Glass full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company has many opportunities, and is located in many different States. Has benefits and 401k

Cons

Promotions are available but increase in pay with the promotion is low. Bonus is very hard to achieve. There is not enough time in a 8 hour work day to get all your work done. Most Shops are under staffed. Most staff has to work extra hours to finish their work.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Seems like Corporate Office knows employees are over worked but they know they can always hire someone else to take there place so employee does not come 1st.

Manager

Pros

Busy shop. Well equipped shops.

Cons

Corporate gives no support. A lot of cut throats.

Advice to Management

You can be easily thrown under the bus. By upper management

9. ABRA Auto is the hell of LIARS !

I have been working at ABRA Auto Body & Glass full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They are liars. If you are not liars, please do not go

Cons

They train their staff how to change signed paperwork to make up their mistakes

10. A Company Concerned !!

I have been working at ABRA Auto Body & Glass full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They do care about their people, pay them good and great PTO (time off). Their goal with the technical details is because they care the cars they fix is absolutely fixed right. Do people not realize (previous comments) that being very strict on the vehicle details is because you are putting that customer's life(s) in your hands when you take it in to fix it... Abra Autobody and Glass does !!

Cons

The one thing I think is to give more people that already work with you and have several years experience in the business the opportunity to move up and help grow your business.( because if they are with you or come back to you to work they really care about your company)

Advice to Management

Please..PLEASE give more of your current employees ( ie; Gen.Mgr and/or CSM) a chance to move in to a higher position..please.

The worst shop I have ever worked for.

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at ABRA Auto Body & Glass full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most of the technicians are great people and there are some really talented and skilled repair techs there. That's about it. The people are all that I miss. Anyone above low level management, are truly awful.

Cons

Everything. Unimaginable amounts or stress. You're fixing cars, not doing open heart surgery! The constant threat of losing your job, not hitting your target dates, getting written up for making a mistake, especially in a hot, dirty, over stressed and over worked environment. And the pay. Since I have left there I make one and a half to two times more money per week and I work far fewer hours. I have gotten the exact same story from every former employee I have talked to. The employees there are truly miserable.

Advice to Management

I don't even know where to start. You are not building space equipment or doing brain surgery. Stop with the stress. And the " processes " are a mess. The play book? A joke. Just a few changes could make that shops run so much smoother, reduce cycle time and help everyone be much happier. Stop hiring people with fancy college degrees who can't even change their own oil to make decision on the best way to repair often very complex collision damage. Ask people who know what they are talking about and do this for a living rather than white collar people managers.

RSS Feed </> Embed