ABRA Reviews

1.6

Rollie Benjamin

A Company Concerned !!

I have been working at ABRA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They do care about their people, pay them good and great PTO (time off).
    Their goal with the technical details is because they care the cars they fix is absolutely fixed right. Do people not realize (previous comments) that being very strict on the vehicle details is because you are putting that customer's life(s) in your hands when you take it in to fix it... Abra Autobody and Glass does !!

Cons

The one thing I think is to give more people that already work with you and have several years experience in the business the opportunity to move up and help grow your business.( because if they are with you or come back to you to work they really care about your company)

Please..PLEASE give more of your current employees ( ie; Gen.Mgr and/or CSM) a chance to move in to a higher position..please.

the most stress I've ever encountered.

Former Employee - CSM/Estimator
    Former Employee - CSM/Estimator

I worked at ABRA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

decent salary. Some of the people are very pleasant to work with.
    They do continue education with I-car (however it's during your scheduled time off, and only because the Insurance Co's require it)

Cons

they do pay well, I'll give 'em that.
    However, the stress levels and the unrealistic expectations are simply not worth any amount of $$$.
    Long hours, no accreditation for performance, little to no PTO.
    nobody to handle things while your gone, so you return that much further behind.

Young people are setting their education goals towards high tech. industry's these days rather than fixing smashed cars. Finding good talent is already a challenge, and will only get worse.
    Focus more on retaining your employees not just with $ but more PTO. Treat them fairly, and learn more about the "new SOP" and how to work it, and what all is entailed, prior to making it mandatory.
    And for cryin out loud... quit letting the Insurance companies run your business.
    Show respect to the people that make ya rich.
    stand behind your employees when a customer, tech, vendor or insurance adjustor clearly also has, unrealistic expectations.

The worst shop I have ever worked for.

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at ABRA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Most of the technicians are great people and there are some really talented and skilled repair techs there. That's about it. The people are all that I miss. Anyone above low level management, are truly awful.

Cons

Everything. Unimaginable amounts or stress. You're fixing cars, not doing open heart surgery! The constant threat of losing your job, not hitting your target dates, getting written up for making a mistake, especially in a hot, dirty, over stressed and over worked environment. And the pay. Since I have left there I make one and a half to two times more money per week and I work far fewer hours. I have gotten the exact same story from every former employee I have talked to. The employees there are truly miserable.

I don't even know where to start. You are not building space equipment or doing brain surgery. Stop with the stress. And the " processes " are a mess. The play book? A joke. Just a few changes could make that shops run so much smoother, reduce cycle time and help everyone be much happier. Stop hiring people with fancy college degrees who can't even change their own oil to make decision on the best way to repair often very complex collision damage. Ask people who know what they are talking about and do this for a living rather than white collar people managers.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Well run company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Paul, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at ABRA

Pros

Good people. Honest work with skilled technicians.

Cons

Salary and not much else.

Good Company

Stay away

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at ABRA

Pros

Some of the techs are pretty tallented,but because of the economy do not have another option. Working in stressful conditions helps people fraternize and help each other.

Cons

-They sacrifice their employees in order to keep up with the absurd , non realistic delivery dates.They also sacrifice the quality of the repairs in order to do that.
    -Training is a joke , they do not invest anything into the development of new tallent.
    -Stressful ,Stalinist-like depressing atmosphere.
    -Unbelieveable turnover rate. Everybody that would have a choice would work elsewhere
    -Do not promote competent hard working people .They will hold you responsible , demote or fire you for the smallest mistake without trying to help you in any way, but if you work hard you will go unnoticed

Stop managing the shops from behind the computers and go out on the field; promote tallent ,learn to encourage people and offer positive feedback

Minimal

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Fridley, MN
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fridley, MN

I worked at ABRA

Pros

The people you are around are very unique and pleasant and some even become life long friends

Cons

there is no promoting people who work hard, you go unnoticed unless its bad, they use csrs to get what they want and then move on to the next. always play you cards close to your cest everyone is willing to throw you under the bus.

to pay attention to the talent you have instead of looking for it elsewhere

Worked for ABRA? Contribute to the Community!