ABS-CBN

Add Photos

Eugenio L. Lopez III

Great Experience

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsGood place to gain experience. Fun place to work. Friendly environment. Liked the ability of being able to travel occasionally.

ConsNot really much room for growth within the company. Part time work only, no benefits. Although, it does make it possible to pair with a second job.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe only feedback I really have is to provide some full time positions or some options for medical benefits for part time employees if needed.

ABS-CBN International in Redwood City

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsIt's definitely a fun working environment. Your coworkers become like family, and being part of a major media outlet for the Filipino community is very rewarding.

ConsIt's a Filipino company, so their mindset is based on pesos, not dollars, which means they don't pay well and they don't offer substantial raises. The company doesn't reward hard work with advancement enough. Those that move up, generally, play the social game, or are related to someone.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour leaders have to put in more effort and actual work, and they must take accountability instead of passing off blame to people below them.

Don't stay awhile...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Redwood Shores, CA

ProsThe company really instills a 'family-oriented' vibe in that they'll be there to support you no matter what. The environment is very relaxed and laid back and the employees are great.

ConsThe company doesn't really help in the salary department and can be kind of stressful when huge campaigns come through. In addition, any time of supplies, career development or anything for the betterment of the employee will be received at a glacial pace.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower the staff with the idea that you really are there for them and that you're looking out for their well-being in terms of career development. If you say you're all about making the company into one big happy family, don't act like you could care less.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I like it while I'm here, but looking to move on

ProsNice and fun co-workers, somewhat flexible schedule, good mix of talents across all departments, kid-friendly office, good benefits

ConsLow compensation for the amount of work, employees who leave are hardly replaced (thus, piled work is shared by the understaffed)

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower your staff with trust and motivation, offer reasonable raises to boost morale

It was ok

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGain experience and also different connections. Work place building has many amenities like restaurants and even has a gym. Meet named industry people.

ConsLow pay with high amount of work. Extremely fast paced environment. Very busy with really short deadlines. High stress environment.

Good as a starting point

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsThe people here are very friendly , good learning experience as entry level. Casual working environment. Good balance between startup and corporate atomosphere.

ConsThere is a tendency of middle managing getting in the way of progress of projects. There is a lack of an efficient pipeline process.

Advice to Senior ManagementKnow the value of your employees. The people here work very hard for the company yet receive very little in return. Stop cutting corners, you get what you pay for.

IT Consultant

IT Consultant (Former Employee) Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)

ProsWork and life balance. Less pressure. Friendly colleagues. You can ask for a big salary (as an IT Consultant, only if you have experience).

ConsNo training is given for IT consultants. It will take years before you can become a regular employee in their parent company (for IT consultants). High level of politics. Palakasan system. It's quite hard to get a job in this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest on talented consultants (regularize them) and do away with PALAKASAN system, which is highly prevalent in your company.

Depends if you'll fit in the culture or not

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Cubao (Philippines)

ProsYou'll make good connections, the owners of the company are good, flexible time

ConsTendency to have a stressful culture, organization is very emotional

Great people poor benefits

Pros> working environment is good, relax and friendly
    > location .... ok
    > I have the best supervisor/boss

Cons> benefits sucks!
    > users are very demanding...
    > discrimination everywhere....

A Better WorkPlace For Everyone

ProsThey Compensate every Employee Honest and Fairly

ConsThere's nothing i could add regarding this question..

Advice to Senior ManagementMore Recognition to the Lower Ranks,Basically the ordinary Employees...

Worked for ABS-CBN? Contribute to the Community!