ABS-CBN

3.3

Eugenio L. Lopez III

Great Experience

I have been working at ABS-CBN

Pros

Good place to gain experience. Fun place to work. Friendly environment. Liked the ability of being able to travel occasionally.

Cons

Not really much room for growth within the company. Part time work only, no benefits. Although, it does make it possible to pair with a second job.

The only feedback I really have is to provide some full time positions or some options for medical benefits for part time employees if needed.

Had fun, but gotta run.

Former Employee - Editor and Camera in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Editor and Camera in Redwood City, CA

I worked at ABS-CBN part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The best thing here are the people, and free catered food from sponsors. There's laughter in every conversation and corner of the office/studio. There are fun offsite shoots and traveling perks too.

Cons

Hourly rates are terrible for the amount of work needed to be done. The understaffing and tight budgeting contributes to getting overworked and underpaid.

Don't be so tight on budget and hire people.

ABS-CBN International in Redwood City

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I worked at ABS-CBN full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's definitely a fun working environment. Your coworkers become like family, and being part of a major media outlet for the Filipino community is very rewarding.

Cons

It's a Filipino company, so their mindset is based on pesos, not dollars, which means they don't pay well and they don't offer substantial raises. The company doesn't reward hard work with advancement enough. Those that move up, generally, play the social game, or are related to someone.

Your leaders have to put in more effort and actual work, and they must take accountability instead of passing off blame to people below them.

Don't stay awhile...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

I worked at ABS-CBN full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company really instills a 'family-oriented' vibe in that they'll be there to support you no matter what. The environment is very relaxed and laid back and the employees are great.

Cons

The company doesn't really help in the salary department and can be kind of stressful when huge campaigns come through. In addition, any time of supplies, career development or anything for the betterment of the employee will be received at a glacial pace.

Empower the staff with the idea that you really are there for them and that you're looking out for their well-being in terms of career development. If you say you're all about making the company into one big happy family, don't act like you could care less.

I like it while I'm here, but looking to move on

I have been working at ABS-CBN full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Nice and fun co-workers, somewhat flexible schedule, good mix of talents across all departments, kid-friendly office, good benefits

Cons

Low compensation for the amount of work, employees who leave are hardly replaced (thus, piled work is shared by the understaffed)

Empower your staff with trust and motivation, offer reasonable raises to boost morale

It was ok

I worked at ABS-CBN part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Gain experience and also different connections. Work place building has many amenities like restaurants and even has a gym. Meet named industry people.

Cons

Low pay with high amount of work. Extremely fast paced environment. Very busy with really short deadlines. High stress environment.

Good as a starting point

I have been working at ABS-CBN

Pros

The people here are very friendly , good learning experience as entry level. Casual working environment. Good balance between startup and corporate atomosphere.

Cons

There is a tendency of middle managing getting in the way of progress of projects. There is a lack of an efficient pipeline process.

Know the value of your employees. The people here work very hard for the company yet receive very little in return. Stop cutting corners, you get what you pay for.

Fun but unfulfilling

Former Employee - Senior Compositor in Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)

I worked at ABS-CBN as a contractor (more than 10 years)

Pros

I got to hang out and have fun

Cons

I didn't feel any growth

Find a career path for all employees. Nobody wants to meander in the same job forever.

Creative environment; difficult to get good benefits.

Current Employee - Writer
    Current Employee - Writer

I have been working at ABS-CBN full-time (more than an year)

Pros

As a writer, I find the environment very idea-stimulating when working in projects. Very lenient on the working hours, the bosses are nice, and my colleagues are the best. It helps that the network's platforms are familiar (and I'm the target market), so I'm having a blast working.

Cons

It's really hard to get regularized here. You really have to assert yourself if you want to become a permanent employee. Once you do, though, it's worth it, but if you sense that there's no chance (due to "budget constraints"), staying long might not be practical.

The executives and the HR heads should review their compensation packages. Everyone deserves to be rewarded fairly.

Family oriented.. True Filipino company..

I have been working at ABS-CBN full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lenient and lot of opportunity to improve.. Very family oriented.. Lots of potential..

Cons

Minimal career development. No standards and very specialized/customized. Relies on personality rather than functions. Lot of wastage.