ABeam Consulting

Updated Jun 23, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Good small consulting company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEveryone knows you by your name (this makes you think you are not a number).
    Company gives career opportunity for fresheners out-of-school.

ConsMost Japanese expats do not try to adapt to US culture. Instead, they act with colleagues with the same mindset as they were in Japan.
    Need to find ways to retain the talents.

Advice to Senior ManagementEngage expats to the American Environment which is where they are doing business. (ie. speak in English most of the time.)

Better for experienced hires.

ProsNice people, no up and out mentaility.

ConsFeels more like a subcontract shop versus an employer as there's no feeling of a cohesive unit. No money set aside for training.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your employees.

Wonderful experience to attain goals of being a top notch consultant

Senior Wm Consultant (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsWorking with other professional consultants to gain a broader knowledge of SAP's inner workings
    Knowledge of another implementation from blueprint to go-live
    working with client post go-live and gaining knowledge in issues and resolutions

ConsNeed for more formal training

Advice to Senior Managementwork with consultants on getting more formal training

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Knowledgeable Personnel

Technical Writer (Current Employee)

ProsIndustry leader in software implementation and training for supply chain management and business consolidation. Supervisor and co-workers are extremely talented individuals.

ConsLong hours. Physical working environments could be improved upon. Office equipment is less than required for amount of personnel working on program.

Lacks vision and strategy

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsExciting technologies and problems to solve.

ConsBusiness strategy is unclear and confusing. Goals and the plans to achieve them are confusing and ineffective.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeeds to work on its vision, mision, business strategy and overall business plan, as well as in its communication.

Staffing service company, not a consulting firm at all

Consultant (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsRelatively strong SAP related business presence in Japan. The HQ used to have Deloitte heritage (attract high quality people, or knowledge base, etc.) but not any more.

ConsMost "consultants" in the US are not proper employees (temp staffs). No training, no corporate-wide "experiences" or knowledge to offer clients. Unable to provide quality consulting service to clients. Though the company claims to be a "global" company, most expats from Japan, where HQ locates, are not capable to perform business in English at all (How they suppose to manage projects???).

Advice to Senior ManagementThey better "consult" their own company, identify problems, and implement remediation before selling "consulting" service to outsides.

No work life balance

Consultant (Former Employee) Tokyo (Japan)

ProsThe pay is not bad. Might get opportunities to work in New York or Other American cities.

ConsNo work life balance at all. Often forced to work on Saturdays with normal OT payments.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk to your peers sincerely.

Good colleges and working atmosphere, this is a company you can stay for life.

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Taipei (Taiwan)

ProsStrong consultant resources, get to work with seasonal experts in SAP fields.

ConsNo big project in Taiwan recently, mainly because manufacturing industry were shifting.

Overall It's quite supportive to employees.

Software Developer (Former Employee) Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

ProsThey have professional process for new graduates, provide trainings in a global setting. Most of the colleagues are friendly.

ConsThey're a Japanese company so people would better know Japanese well.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore flexible process for promoting and managing valuable employees.

Good pay and team work focus

HCM Consultant (Former Employee) Taipei (Taiwan)

Prosclients are big manufacturing companies
    opportunity to travel abroad
    employee autonomy
    stable promotion

Consoverwork in project
    clients locates in country side

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more concerns to employees and provide new skills training

Worked for ABeam Consulting? Contribute to the Community!