www.aclion.com

Alan Cutter

Guidance, Encouragement, Growth, and Experience

Former Employee - Research Manager
    Former Employee - Research Manager

I worked at AC Lion full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Leadership that cares about the success of each employee. Everyone from the COO and CEO to the VP is involved in making sure you are successful
    - Camaraderie - The team feels like family and everyone is so friendly and supportive. People are constantly sacrificing of themselves, both in time and in bottom line salary to make sure everyone is treated fairly, The COO ensures that everything runs smoothly and that company culture remains alive and well.
    - You are rewarded for your hard work. It is an incentive based work environment - if you put in the hours and try hard, you will be very successful. You will also be given managerial responsibility quickly if you earn it, and will be promoted
    - Education for the staff is a major focus - Digital Media is a tough industry to understand and you get an amazing opportunity to constantly learn about the intricacies of the industry, both from in-house experts and from incredible guest speakers..

Cons

- Not a lot of cons - achieving goals for bonuses/commission can be challenging at first, but they are achievable. There is a great supporting team that will go above and beyond to make sure you get there,

This place will only give you a career in recruiting - this will not be a gateway to a tech company

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter
    Current Employee - Executive Recruiter

I have been working at AC Lion

Pros

Generally nice people, both management and employees. The CEO seems to be very invested in his company and employees albeit a bit quirky at times. Overall, a very friendly culture.

Cons

- Very very slow moving for any decision outside of a candidate placement. Example: getting you a computer that actually works to having a functioning website.
    - Not open to new ideas in the slightest bit (unless you somehow get them to believe this is their idea).
    - They don't want you to do anything but be a recruiter, which is great if that's all you want to do with your career, but I got reeled in on the premiss of this being a great way to break into the tech space (if someone wants to get into a tech company don't let them fool you into thinking this could be good launching pad).
    - The COO, she runs the show but isn't understanding about how inefficient her process can be (not all the time, but often enough) and that there might be an easier way to accomplish certain things (this is especially true if you're coming from a different company).

Realize that things could use some improvement and not everything is perfect. Maybe even give an anonymous employee satisfaction poll so you can see how your current employees actually feel as well as certain areas that can be improved upon from a non-management perspective.

Say no to the internship

I have been working at AC Lion as an intern

Pros

The employees are all very nice and super outgoing personalities.

Cons

I was only an intern so I can't speak to working there full time but I didn't find any benefits to be taken away after it was all over. It's an uppaid internship and I don't think there is a benefit from wasting away your summer to work there.

Excited for work everyday...

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at AC Lion full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Working in the hottest industry - digital!
    -Ability to grow quickly
    -Continuous learning
    -It's generic, but the perfect work hard/play hard environment
    -The team feels much more like family than just coworkers
    -Upper management invests in its team's success

Cons

-Tech glitches here and there
    -Occasionally too much incoming business (if that can really be considered a con)

Keep it up!

I couldn't have asked for a better first job out of college!

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at AC Lion full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Management is really focused on making sure that we are all learning and works directly with us to help us achieve our goals
    - AC Lion took a chance on me, having no prior recruiting experience, and put me in an awesome training program where I not only learned about the digital space, but also the recruiting process; after being a full fledged recruiter for 2 months, I have already made 2 placements!
    - The culture in the office is what makes me want to come in every day. We are able to not just work together professionally, but also really just enjoy being around one another.

Cons

Other than the occasional tech glitches, I can't really think of any negative aspects to working at AC Lion.

It may sound cliche, but keep doing what you are doing! I think it is working well for our current team. Anyone who may have had issues in the past might not have been a cultural fit here to start with. I think that management has really nailed down the balance between work and play here.

Great Place to Learn and Grow

I have been working at AC Lion full-time

Pros

AC Lion is a leader in the Digital Media Industry as well as Recruiting Best Practices. Management understands the need for long term relationships in this business and therefore does not pressure their employees to "make the fast money" like most other firms. Everything that was promised to me during the interview process as well as during subsequent employee reviews was followed through and furthermore, I was given all of the support I needed in order to make those promises come true. The firm is very family oriented and understands the needs of it's employees as well as work/life balance.

Cons

I can't think of anything negative to say about AC Lion.

Keep empowering your employees to grow and learn and AC Lion will continue to see success for years to come.

One of the worst places to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at AC Lion full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great to work in the advertising industry and exposure to speak with people from all backgrounds on a daily basis

Cons

Micromanagement, very low salary with commission numbers that you'll never reach, boiler room atmosphere, and there's a reason why almost no one stays for more than a year. Also the positive reviews look like they were posted by management. If you want real feedback, message on linkedin any of the 30 former recruiters that worked there.

Sell the company or have someone that actually cares about their employees and not just how much money they can make off of you

Not a good place to work

Former Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at AC Lion full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Gives you exposure to digital industry

Cons

Horrible culture. Management that does not foster growth. Allow bad recruiters and managers to stay longer if they are religously connected. Not a good place to work at all.

Practice what you preach of being quality with actual growth opps. Previous reviews have learly been filled out by management.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at AC Lion full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

great group of people, innovative, really want everyone there to be successful.
    supervisors really take time to train people.
    good atmosphere in the office.

Cons

hmm, working hard, lots of deals, always lots to be done

"Excellent environment to grow your career"

I have been working at AC Lion

Pros

Leader in their respective space and on the forefront of the hottest sector out there. Very smart, professional group of people who are all self motivated

Cons

none that I can think of

AC Lion Photos

The studs of AC Lion celebrating a close
A thank you gift from an appreciative client, who just got a great new job
Team Gryfdindor, AC Lion Style