ACCENT Marketing Services Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.1
Linda Ruffenach

Pros
  • They really tried to promote a good work/life balance within our team (in 3 reviews)

• It was close to home for me, 12 occurrences could be used every 6 months (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Pay scale constantly changing and is difficult even as tenured agents to reach higher pay due to unfair and unrealistic requirements (in 2 reviews)

• Not enough floor support for agents and constant promotion of unqualified people (in 2 reviews)

1. Director

Pros

During my tenure at ACCENT, I was provided with leadership, encouragement and guidance. It was a pleasure working with such a talented group of individuals and appreciate having had the opportunity to work for such a compassionate and supportive organization.

Cons

New process and procedures were difficult to implement. Employee feedback lacked follow up and resolution. Fiscal constraints prevented improved equipment and assets.

2. Assistant Program Manager

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hot Springs, AR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hot Springs, AR

I worked at ACCENT Marketing Services (More than 5 years)

Pros

Variety of schedules to choose from

Cons

They don't pay their managers enough. Benefits were awful.

3. Good People - Work Hard and Have Fun

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Albany, IN

I have been working at ACCENT Marketing Services (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people. Some really good managers who care about their employees. You work hard but there is an opportunity to have fun - employee events, wellness opportunities, health fairs, lunches, rewards and recognition, etc. Opportunity to develop and advance if you want to.

Cons

Limited budget - inability to implement some of the tools that would be beneficial to the organization. Pay should be more competitive. Dependency on clients - meaning your business can be affected by their decisions to keep you or choose another outsourcer, or use internal employees.

Sprint Customer Service Agent

I worked at ACCENT Marketing Services full-time

Pros

The pros were the opportunity to earn bonuses.

Cons

Cons go on and on, but firstly, those bonuses I mentioned earlier, were only obtainable for a short time before they would adjust metrics to make the goals nearly impossible once again. i worked for Sprint Customer Service at the call center, and during the time they decided to tear down towers, and needless to say, customers were enraged. We were rarely able to offer them legitimate compensation for their phone issues, and got paid $9 an hour to basically get chewed out, and any negative review of your call eliminated any chance of meeting bonus. It was a catch 22, where Sprint seemed to care even less about their employees than even their customers!! I also watched the company demote a large number of people in all level positions, not based on their performance, but simply to downsize and save company money. There is a reason why companies like Sprint choose to outsource their customer service, and it is so they dont have to directly deal with the reprocussions of their actions. Instead, most people that work for them don't even realize they will actually be working for Sprint until a few days into training!!! I know that one fact would have made me seriously reconsider working there, even being a higher paying job in the small town I lived at the time.

Advice to Management

Get out before they downsize again, or the company goes completely under for crappy service and a disconcern for employees and customers alike!

6. Account Executive

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jeffersonville, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jeffersonville, IN

I have been working at ACCENT Marketing Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great place to work and very family friendly

Cons

Recently acquired by Startek and atmosphere is diffent

7. Caos

I worked at ACCENT Marketing Services full-time

Pros

Lots of opportunity and room for advancement. Friendly people, lots of hiring all the time. Employee input always welcomed.

Cons

Unorganized Limited portfolio No health benefits Limited training programs Office locations are a little unsettling

Advice to Management

Clean up needed from top to bottom in this company. Clean house in the executive offices and keep going from there.

8. Nice Company

Pros

Everybody was very nice to me

Cons

The hours are long but that's not necessarily a bad thing

9. Good company just dont have personal issues

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hot Springs, SD
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hot Springs, SD

I worked at ACCENT Marketing Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay good bonus program coworkers were amazing

Cons

Had a bout with depression and missed some work. Was terminated due to these issues. no care or concern or understating form management. then when I reapplied they said I was not eligible for rehire.

Advice to Management

show some care and concern to agents with personal issues. things happen to drag them down outside of work and then job is stressful as well. don't mark someone ineligible for rehire without knowing their reason for missing days.

10. customer care, nss, lead support

I have been working at ACCENT Marketing Services full-time

Pros

Good stepping stone for future career

Cons

20 words is not enough space

Advice to Management

More equality and professionalism would be great on the floor

11. Corporate

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Albany, IN

I have been working at ACCENT Marketing Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Was a great company until they sold us out to Startek. Now they are taking away all the great things about Accent like half day Fridays in the summer and our Sabbatical.

Cons

They have been sold to a company that does not care about their employees.

Advice to Management

To keep your clients happy, you have to keep your employees happy.

RSS Feed </> Embed