ACCION Texas

ACCION Texas Reviews

3.7

Janie Barrera
1 Rating

I am growing personally, building valuable relationships, and helping a cause that is meaningful to me.

I have been working at ACCION Texas full-time

Pros

Excellent leadership - the CEO is inspirational; she has set us in a clear direction and is very supportive at all levels of the organization.
    I love management - this is a cooperative team that sets reasonable goals together. They trust their employees as colleagues.
    Non-profit - this is a well-organized non-profit. The mission of providing credit and services to entrepreneurs is very worthwhile as it supports our local economy and some of my personal favorite places to shop and eat.

Cons

As Accion grows, we are adopting more sophisticated technology, however adapting to these changes has been difficult.
    Some of our goals have very achievable next-steps that aren't taken because we overload ourselves with tasks at hand.
    Hopefully the new building will help to build a greater sense of team when we can all be in one location.

Keep communicating! I love hearing from you and being affirmed in my hard work.

Great organization, growing too fast without good planning

I worked at ACCION Texas

Pros

Great people committed to the cause (helping small business start-ups gain access to affordable credit);
    Most of the company's leaders, especially the CEO, are really good people.
    In general people at this nonprofit are doing a great job and care about their work.

Cons

Growing too fast without adequate planning and staffing. People work really hard, and sometimes not by choice. One or two of the company's leaders have issues with time management, clear communication, and don't have a reasonable idea of what can be accomplished in a day. Some of the managers there are bullies.

Scale back some of your growth goals and really plan well how you want to grow. Think about what can be adequately accomplished in a work day or adequately staff the organization with goals in mind. There are a couple of managers that need to be disciplined for bullying behavior.

Great place to start your career and nothing more.

I have been working at ACCION Texas full-time

Pros

Great staff and people. Very interesting talking to customers.

Cons

Necessary to put in many hours in order to be on task with performance. Pay is not the best for the amount of work that you need to put in.

Worked for ACCION Texas? Contribute to the Community!