ACD Direct

ACD Direct Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Merrill Moore

The work was great. I worked with Public Broadcasting TV and radio stations.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Fayetteville, NC

ProsYou will have an incredible sense of fulfillment, helping to keep public radio alive. You meet interesting people and get to participate in fundraising campaigns like Saint Jude Children's Hospital and Breast Cancer Awareness.

ConsThere may be some slow periods, just like many companies in the current economy.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is a good one. Hopefully, someday all companies will offer what ACD Direct has to offer.

Wonderful Job

ProsFlexibility, Hours, Work at home

Consnot many, pay is a little low

No work and No Pay

Work At Home Agent (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsIt gives experience handling calls from non profit companies and there is no selling or upselling

ConsVery few employees earn enough income to keep the job more than three months.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't hire staff when you don't have enough work for them to earn a living wage.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Demeaning Work With the Lowest Wages!

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Rochester, NY

ProsThe idea of "Making money" from home, is a good one

ConsYou cannot even make minimum wage during the busiest of times.
    Management and "Leads" don't have much more experience or knowledge than the new hires.
    For the most part I found the staff to be rude and unfair.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employees more, by giving them monetary incentives, instead of points that can basically just be used to buy cheap, nearly useless trinkets.

Horrible

Work At Home Agent (Current Employee)

ProsVery Pleasant work taking calls for PBS TV & Radio Stations and Org like ASPCA, St Jude,

Many hours you earn less than

ConsPay 0.25 to 0.32 cents per Min. No Minium Pay overall anual pay less than $3.50 Per hour

Many hours you earn less than 2.50 an hour

Advice to Senior ManagementUse less agent to increase call volume

Live Agent

Live Agent (Current Employee)

ProsThe flexibility of hours I work is beneficial for my family lifestyle. Management has been very helpful and gracious towards me. I look forward to the future with ACD Direct, Inc. Their doing great things!

ConsThe reviews I have recently read are awful and has not been my experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work I look forward to working with you!

Fair Company. Once you find the prime shifts, very good money to be made during their drive times

Agent (Current Employee)
    Pittsburgh, PA

ProsFlexibility, growth, easy call taking, and a pleasant environment -
    Communications, when I have submitted questions and concerns, were replied to or dealt with in a timely manner.

ConsDuring slower periods, I find I need to work more hours to make the ends meet.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have seen some good changes over the past year, I think ACD is headed in the right direction.

Anything but a professional environment

Call Center Operator (Former Employee)
    Layton, UT

Proswork from home, choice of scheduling

ConsLow per minute pay, very inconsistent call volume, unreliable and inconsistent information from management regarding policy, poor method of training and coaching, low skilled supervisors, frequent stress due to upset and/or obnoxious callers(there are many)

Advice to Senior ManagementEstablish and maintain clear and consistent rules, policies. Less refereeing and cheerleading from the ivory tower and more hands on training for new hires

Good for making a few extra bucks, if you stay home, but you have to work a lot to make a little!

Independent Contractor (Former Employee)
    Layton, UT

ProsMost callers are pleasant. No direct sales and little up selling.

ConsThe threatening attitude of staff is demeaning. Staff is constantly threatening employees with "Errors," reducing your pay per minute of talk time and even termination.
    You make next to nothing. Even during drive months. You really have to work very long hours to get a decent paycheck. Needed to make some money while staying home with kids, so I worked for a couple years at the "Top" per minute rate for an agent and still it was very rare to make even minimum wage.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire less agents and pay them more. To get quality people that you can retain. Perhaps give the option of working for an hourly wage instead of per talk minute.

Salary is Horrible

Customer Services (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsVery easy calls, most callers are very friendly, no merchandise to sell and excellent scheduling software.

ConsNo money, no money, no money.
    Hired an independent contractor
    Contract periods are for 3 months
    Paid twice a month, ranges from 25 cents to 35 per minute of talk time.
    Knowledge base is difficult to access and may not contain up to date information
    Minimum shift requirements changes every contract period
    Salary is very inconsistent, may earn less than $3/hr for several months.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease the salaries to paid per hour in addition to paid per call time. Stop reducing salaries for errors made during calls and replace with live coaching calls.

Worked for ACD Direct? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ACD Direct reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ACD Direct CEO Merrill Moore. All 19 reviews posted anonymously by ACD Direct employees.