ACD Direct

ACD Direct Reviews

Updated October 8, 2014
Updated October 8, 2014

Merrill Moore

The work was great. I worked with Public Broadcasting TV and radio stations.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fayetteville, NC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fayetteville, NC

I worked at ACD Direct as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

You will have an incredible sense of fulfillment, helping to keep public radio alive. You meet interesting people and get to participate in fundraising campaigns like Saint Jude Children's Hospital and Breast Cancer Awareness.

Cons

There may be some slow periods, just like many companies in the current economy.

This is a good one. Hopefully, someday all companies will offer what ACD Direct has to offer.

Just ok!

Current Employee - Sole Proprietor in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sole Proprietor in New York, NY

I have been working at ACD Direct as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

You can choose your hours but must maintain a minimum of hours. The rate of the per minute pay is good. During the beginning and end of the year, calls are back to back and you can make a decent amount of money.

Cons

You are put in teams where the manager and the assistants are NOT consistent with getting back to you on issues and information. On a whole, there is quite a few inconsistencies from the higher ups and they do trickle down. There is a GREAT deal of room to improve the way things a done with and for this company. There is a lot of downtime throughout the year and you can be on the phone for a hour and get paid pennies. At times they give you a guaranteed paid rate for the commit you are working for and you're paid practically minimum wage. The chat room consists of managers and assistants that can be helpful and not helpful at times. Some of the assistants don't respond when you ask for a pm. When it comes to emailing, be lucky that you get a response or a concise one at that. Too many behind the scenes incidents and and no straight to the point action. Dropping the ball is synonymous with this company.

Frequent training on all levels should be done to keep business owners, team leads and managers on top of things. Also, once trained, be specific in any rules or guidelines that should be followed for that particular client. Keep training fresh and up to date. I can't stress how important consistency is within your company. There are too many chiefs and it should be curtailed. You need more clients/business to make up for the slow season and more awards and incentives goes a long way. Up your guaranteed pay rate. Offer more/different incentives for commit. Competition between teams can be damaging. Do away with teams. Come up with another method. Have one go to person. Keep business fun and engaging!

Couldn't be worse

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in New York, NY

I worked at ACD Direct as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The "Idea" of working form home. And that's stretching it. I couldn't think of anything else.

Cons

Where shall I start?! Low pay, demeaning culture. They constantly threaten you with "Errors" which can ultimately lower your pay rate or terminate you. The only reward system they have is to offer you points which amount to basically "Buying" trinkets advertising their company. There is hardly any work to be had. Whatever work you do end up getting pays next to nothing. You're lucky to make $5 an hour on a good day! "Leads" think they are all that. Constantly shushing employees and putting them down in chat rooms. I imagine leads make 5 cents more per hour. This really was a horrible experience which I would not recommend to anyone. Home or not!

Stop the madness! Change everything!

Wonderful Job

I have been working at ACD Direct full-time

Pros

Flexibility, Hours, Work at home

Cons

not many, pay is a little low

No work and No Pay

Former Employee - Work At Home Agent in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Work At Home Agent in Atlanta, GA

I worked at ACD Direct part-time (less than an year)

Pros

It gives experience handling calls from non profit companies and there is no selling or upselling

Cons

Very few employees earn enough income to keep the job more than three months.

Don't hire staff when you don't have enough work for them to earn a living wage.

Horrible

Current Employee - Work At Home Agent
    Current Employee - Work At Home Agent

I have been working at ACD Direct as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Very Pleasant work taking calls for PBS TV & Radio Stations and Org like ASPCA, St Jude,

Many hours you earn less than

Cons

Pay 0.25 to 0.32 cents per Min. No Minium Pay overall anual pay less than $3.50 Per hour

Many hours you earn less than 2.50 an hour

Use less agent to increase call volume

Demeaning Work With the Lowest Wages!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rochester, NY

I worked at ACD Direct as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

The idea of "Making money" from home, is a good one

Cons

You cannot even make minimum wage during the busiest of times.
    Management and "Leads" don't have much more experience or knowledge than the new hires.
    For the most part I found the staff to be rude and unfair.

Value your employees more, by giving them monetary incentives, instead of points that can basically just be used to buy cheap, nearly useless trinkets.

Live Agent

Current Employee - Live Agent
    Current Employee - Live Agent

I have been working at ACD Direct part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The flexibility of hours I work is beneficial for my family lifestyle. Management has been very helpful and gracious towards me. I look forward to the future with ACD Direct, Inc. Their doing great things!

Cons

The reviews I have recently read are awful and has not been my experience.

Keep up the good work I look forward to working with you!

Fair Company. Once you find the prime shifts, very good money to be made during their drive times

Current Employee - Agent in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Agent in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at ACD Direct full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility, growth, easy call taking, and a pleasant environment -
    Communications, when I have submitted questions and concerns, were replied to or dealt with in a timely manner.

Cons

During slower periods, I find I need to work more hours to make the ends meet.

I have seen some good changes over the past year, I think ACD is headed in the right direction.

Anything but a professional environment

Former Employee - Call Center Operator in Layton, UT
    Former Employee - Call Center Operator in Layton, UT

I worked at ACD Direct full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

work from home, choice of scheduling

Cons

Low per minute pay, very inconsistent call volume, unreliable and inconsistent information from management regarding policy, poor method of training and coaching, low skilled supervisors, frequent stress due to upset and/or obnoxious callers(there are many)

Establish and maintain clear and consistent rules, policies. Less refereeing and cheerleading from the ivory tower and more hands on training for new hires