ACE Rent-to-Own

Lyn Leach

Rewarding Working Experience

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at ACE Rent-to-Own full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

*Promotions are based on Performance
    *Small company atmosphere
    *Multiple responsibilities from the Assistant Manger level up - Keeps the job interesting
    *If you like to help people this job allows you to do that

Cons

*Collections is the foundation of the company - if you can't work in collections this is not the company for you
    *Owner is on the downside of his time with the company - gaining a more corporate feel as time goes on
    *Corporate managers have too much power to negatively affect the staff in the stores.
    *Lots of evening hours - 48hr work week, no Saturdays off unless vacation is used.

*Tell the decision makers at the corporate office to seek to SUPPORT the staff in the field.
         ---- This is my biggest and really only issue with the company. Everything done at a corporate level increases the hurdles to success for field staff. When I started with the company, I faxed probably around 3 forms a week to the corporate office and they were all NEEDED! Now, I fax approximately 5-10 forms a day and they're all either non-essential or actually inhibit my ability to serve the client's needs.

Terrible

I have been working at ACE Rent-to-Own

Pros

nothing great about this job

Cons

managment, poor work ethic from other employees, and customer service