ACES

Add Photos

Kristin Farmer

Amazing support

Behavioral Interventionist (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsThis company gives you so much room to grow, and supports you through the entire process. You get support from all your superiors, the administrative staff, and anyone else you might meet. You have opportunities for both latitudinal and longitudinal transfers with the right credentials.

ConsIf you don't like traveling everyday, this is not job for you. It is mostly in-home therapy so you will be traveling from client to client all day long

Advice to Senior ManagementI would consider having paid time off for full time employees who are not supervisors.

Great patients, horrible company

Behavioral Interventionist (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsLove being able to work with kids and their families one on one.

ConsCompany seems very unstable and quite unreliable.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider more team building. Focus on the employees.

I value my work and time with those lovely kids and families, but I am exhausted by its instability.

Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) Fremont, CA

ProsWhen you see how kids improve and feel the family trust you, you will feel great. You will meet different autistic patients which is great for gaining working experience.

Conswork load is not stable: sometimes you will have no case because of family cancellation, you need to find yourself some case as a sub but usually those sub cases are far away. Communication between you and the company can be ineffective or bad, after training you are basically "on your own."

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people, poor treatment of employees.

Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsCaring and professional co-workers. All employees have a passion for working with kids with autism. Training for higher levels are provided for those wanting to move up the ladder.

ConsThe higher up the ladder you go, the more pressure to "maximize contracts" becomes. Profits become the driving factor with Supervisors expected to go way above and beyond their 6 hours of billable work (billing clients). Including driving, I was averaging 10+ hour days Monday through Friday (with 1-2 Saturdays/month). Don't expect to have a life outside of work.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of contract management meetings and hire somebody besides supervisors to be in charge of client contract management. It's one too many responsibilities to put on a supervisor's plate.
    Quality, long term employees will not exist if you burn them out or expect them to work while their family life suffers.

Administrative Assistant

Administration (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

Prosgrowing field; austism care +advocacy is satisfactory .

Consno perks, no benefits, office culture is stagnant

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on company culture, and perks

The lack of organization annoys me.

Behavioral Interventionist (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsThe families are the best. Love them to death and they are what keep me from leaving. Out of the office, the other employees are fun to be around. It is a young group so there is a lot of energy. Everyone is usually very nice. Honestly, the only real pros of this company are the families and the work that the BIs do. We work the hardest out of anyone.

ConsThere lacks consistency and it is unorganized. The administration has poor communication with it's employees. They promoted me last year, and at the end of the year they demoted me because of the "lack of money" or some sort. They never really gave me a reason. Everyone is always on a different page because of the lack of communication. BI's do not get paid enough for the work they do. We have to travel a lot and do not get paid enough for the travel time in between sessions. When working 8 hours or more a day, sometimes there is no time to have a lunch in between (which is illegal i thought?). It takes a long time to get a raise. I have been there for 3 years and I have only received one raise. They keep hiring new people and don't give them proper training. The fact that they keep hiring people also baffles me because they never have money for activities, but they have money to keep hiring people.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe organized. There would not be such a turnover out rate if you actually cared about your employees. The BIs work the hardest and are the face of the company, yet we get nothing in return.

I appreciate the professional growth offered to me at ACES

ProsI appreciate that ACES has provided me with professional growth opportunities and helped to develop my career. ACES helped me identify my strengths and passions and then helped me achieve goals relating to them. It seems like if you have ambition, ACES will help you as a professional find a path that is right for you and help support you in doing so. I like that ACES has so many growth and career opportunities.

I also like the fun and upbeat atmosphere. The staff are collaborative and work together as a team. They definitely emphasize the culture here, which is great.

There are many other ABA companies, but it is comforting knowing that ACES is one of the biggest, most respected, and has been around as long as they have. It provides me stability in knowing this.

I like that they actively seek out the feedback from their staff to continue improve ACES as a company

ConsSometimes the rigors of the job can be demanding, but I always seem to grow as a result of the challenge. Learning to juggle it all comes with time and with personal growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue seeking out the feedback from your staff. They have great ideas and appreciate being involved in creating solutions for the continued growth and success of ACES.

Continue to embrace technology. I love seeing and hearing all the great new technological advances

ACES works together as a team to see our clients and their families progress with skills and knowledge.

Supervisor (Current Employee) Carlsbad, CA

ProsWhen I started at ACES in 2006, I felt SO supported! The supervisors were so helpful in teaching me new strategies and the other BI's were so willing to help out and offer suggestions when needed. As I grew with the company I realized it didn't stop there. I continuously learn from my supervisors and clinical directors! I have been so blessed working at ACES with their support, kind words, and friendship. I have been offered traveling opportunities that I may not have ever been able to do (Hawaii, Texas, and Washington to name a few). ACES has always supported me in furthering my education to remain in the field and be as knowledgeable as I can be to help our clients progression. I feel so thankful for ACES and I truly believe that is due to the clinical directors and their positivity to never settle for "just okay!" We make a difference in children and their families every day. What better career could there be? :)

ConsI think anyone in this profession would agree that the hours can be the most challenging. Autism isn't only around from 8-3 or 9-5. It's non-stop. So we can see clients from the early morning til late at night. HOWEVER, I will say that there are days that really just make those early mornings and late nights COMPLETELY worth every minute.

Love working for a company who truly cares about the kids!

Supervisor (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsLove that they give us iPads, cell phones, good healthcare, great culture and fun parties and activities, work with a great team, free CEUs, help paid for my education and I get to keep that forever!

ConsSometimes have to work evenings or weekends but it is nice to have the free time during the day sometimes to spend running errands or helping out in my kids class!

Past experience

Technical Support (Former Employee) Quitman, GA

ProsGovernment funded position through Ntional Older Worker Career Center

ConsManagement issues needed to be made clear to all involved parties.

Advice to Senior ManagementClarity is needed for customers and all who are involved.

Worked for ACES? Contribute to the Community!