ACH Federal

Kurt Schusterman

A Purpose-driven Company With Integrity and Values

Current Employee - Client Recruitment Supervisor in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Client Recruitment Supervisor in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at ACH Federal full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This is a big enough company for there to be opportunity for growth, both in one's career and in one's life. However, it is small enough that the employees matter. Working here, I'm a person, not just a number or an employee. It is clear that in this company people matter more than money; the employees matter, the clients matter, even the smallest account matters. Communication is excellent, there are no surprises as to who we are, what we do, what we believe, our direction and my part in the bigger picture.

Cons

This is certainly a changing environment. This would not be a good fit for those not comfortable with consistent change.

Keep an eye on burnout. Don't take upon yourselves responsibilities you can give to others.

Poor Management and extremely micromanaged

I worked at ACH Federal full-time (less than a year)

Pros

there are a few employees who were a pleasure to work with. Although, I do believe several of them were laid off.

Cons

the management takes micromanagement to an extreme level by having daily calls as well as weekly calls. Over all the culture they promise seemed to be a fraud as they do not treat all employees fairly and do not practice what they preach when it comes to their mission statement "Compassion with Extra Care."

Great people to work with

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at ACH Federal (less than a year)

Pros

- There are a number of smart and hard-working people in this company. Everyone works together as a team which I have found to be rare in companies.
    - As a company, they are committed to donating time to social and environmental causes. I enjoy the opportunity to volunteer while on work time.
    - I have fun while at work.
    - The salary is fairly good for the Chattanooga area.

Cons

- The benefits package could be quite a bit better, specifically the 401(k) match.
    - Given the size of the company, I see fewer promotional opportunities than with larger companies.

Continue to listen to your employees.

Wonderful opportunity to build something and grow with it!

I have been working at ACH Federal full-time

Pros

The ACH industry is an ever-changing landscape that allows your days to be different. It provides the opportunity to grow your own knowledge and put it to work building something new for the customers. The company has a wonderful mission that is very rewarding and makes you feel good to be apart of it.

Cons

Being a financial based industry there are strict deadlines everyday to ensure that all of the customer's money moves as it should in a timely fashion. This can be stressing at times, so those who do not enjoy a fast paced environment may not be a good fit.

I think it is important to remember that in our space if you do not hear much about the team that often means it is because they are doing a great job.

A great, sound company to work for!

I have been working at ACH Federal full-time

Pros

You work with a great group of people. We all help each other out in crunch-time! It's like a family atmosphere. Leadership is focused and determined to be successful. We have vision and everyone is very focused on meeting our goals.

Cons

No major complaints. If you are not a hard worker and determined then do not come to work here.

Continue to stay focused and lead your team. Do not hold grudges against past employees and make the rest of the team pay for it.

Not your average corporation with the Small town/ BIG Business community focused mind set

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at ACH Federal full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

ACH Federal offers a challenging but fun environment in which to work. You learn something new on a daily basis. The sense of community is not something forced or spoken, it is a practice that we see with our own team and what we do for our community as well as abroad. There are times of stress and hardship, but as a team we work it out with a collaborative effort and much needed support from our mentors as well as our peers.

ACH Federal gives you a sense of purpose and pride as we work to build something that we have all had a stake in or we have all had a say.

Cons

There have been some team members who do not believe in the company mission statement. They have made it difficult to progress. Slowly we have gotten past this and them. As with any company, there are ups and downs.

Continue to listen to your employees. Continue to strive for a purpose. Always allow you and those around you to learn and grow.

Unbelievable Opportunity with ability to control your own destiny!

I have been working at ACH Federal full-time

Pros

This is a fast growing company with a mission to help others along the way! Wow! Being a part of such an organization is exciting and extremely rewarding. The opportunity for advancement is available to you if success is what you seek! Truely an organization that cares about each and every member of their team.

Cons

The location is not the best. It would be great if the location changes.

Please dont loose the vision and the focus of the Organization. Remember at the end of the day...you are only as successful as your team...your employees are the most important part of your company.

Exciting place to work!

I have been working at ACH Federal

Pros

Small company that is experiencing tremendous growth. Enthuisastic team that seem to be genuinely excited about the direction of the company. Family oriented atmosphere. Positive new leadership that has a focused direction.

Cons

High pressure environment with focus on individual accountability is not for everyone. Definitely not banker's hours. May be asked to work at night or on a weekend.

ACH Federal is an UNUSUALLY GOOD place to work! We improve the quality of people's lives through compassion!

I have been working at ACH Federal full-time

Pros

G - God First, We honor God in all we do
    I - Integrity, we act with honesty and accuracy
    V - Virtue, We promote collective and individual greatness
    E - Excellence, We strive to be unusually good

For the first time in my life, I can say I truly LOVE my job. The whole team will jump in and help any other member of the team at any given time. No job too big or too small for anyone, regardless of their position. This is by far the best team I've ever been a part of. The superstar leader of this amazing team will push you out of your comfort zone. You will learn. You will grow. You will be held accountable. You will be a better person. You will make a difference.

Cons

Depending on how you look at it, and the mindset you come in with, the being pushed out of your comfort zone may be considered a con by some. For those of us who are here, we were scared of being pushed out of our comfort zone initially, but once it happened, and we saw results and our confidence soared, we realized it was definitely a pro. You have to have the right frame of mind, meaning a high level of positivity, for this to be the right place for you.

Exciting social purpose business with culture focused on improving people's lives through compassion

I have been working at ACH Federal

Pros

Huge growth oriented industry (ACH processing and credit card processing); great culture, great products, customer care that the customers rave about, and compliance that is considered the best in the industry. Company supports the triple bottom line of people, planet, and profit so the work is not just about making money but making a difference in people's lives.

Cons

Really fast paced and may not be for everyone. High on accountability, Integrity, Excellence and putting God first. Again, awesome place for the right people; but certainly not for everyone.