ACI Institute Reviews

Reset
CEO

1. Nice.

I worked at ACI Institute part-time

Pros

Fun staff. Easy to pick up, but hard to master.

Cons

Can get very stressful, so be prepared

Advice to Management

Be organized and be prepared

2. Secretary

I have been working at ACI Institute part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good learning experience. Get to work with kids (if you enjoy that). Learn how to do sales. Learn a lot about the education system. Free company meals during holidays and after our seminars.

Cons

They make you do whatever they ask. Not always clear with instruction. Controlling, rude, sometimes disrespectful. Secretary staff are treated like servants. A lot of gossip.

Advice to Management

Learn how to train your staff better and do not treat us like lap dogs. We are not here to do whatever you want whenever you say it. Don't expect us to know how to do everything when you haven't properly briefed us or trained us. There's a reason you have staff quit on you so frequently, you don't treat secretaries well. Making us clean restrooms and the dealing with the cleanliness of the office in general was also not in the job description. Please hire proper staff for that. I'm all for constructive criticism but sometimes you guys are straight up rude to your staff, not okay.

3. Administrative Assistant

I worked at ACI Institute part-time

Pros

The best reasons I can think of is to build up your resume and expand your network to use it for future reference for jobs.

Cons

The school is VERY disorganized! The pay is low No benefits even if you work full time Need to clean the restroom

Advice to Management

Don't assume and expect the staffs know everything when they have not been fully trained! You guys don't even know everything and need to rely on us! Hire someone that will do the cleaning for the restroom! This job title is not meant to do toilet cleaning! We are not custodians.

5. Good entry level start

Former Employee - Administrator
    Former Employee - Administrator

I worked at ACI Institute part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

it is a good entry level part time job. It has better work environment compared to work at a fast food restaurant, right? So i was happy working there.

Cons

The pay is low. And there is no promotion space.

6. Okay, but not a place I would want to stay for very long.

Former Employee - Instructor in Arcadia, CA
    Former Employee - Instructor in Arcadia, CA

Pros

Good for a part-time job if you enjoy teaching, and want more opportunities in the teaching field. You also have a lot of freedom when teaching Math.

Cons

No performance reviews by management. No feedback except when you do something wrong.

Advice to Management

More communication with teachers.

7. You work 6-8 hours a day

Former Employee - Tutor
    Former Employee - Tutor

Pros

They ALWAYS over pay, its great. You get anywhere from $15 to $20 an hour. They pay bi-weekly, and they do expect you do work hard.

Cons

Dealing with kids for 6 hours a day. Some times they get out of hand, but you can just send them outside and have other deal with it.

Advice to Management

At times they want to much from their tutors, they need to ask them before hand and not just throw everything on them at the last minute

8. Okay if you're absolutely desperate for a job

I have been working at ACI Institute part-time

Pros

Good starting salary. It's easy to get a job since they're almost always hiring due to the high turn-over rate. Most employees only stay for a few months. There's a reason for this.

Cons

The students, the students' parents, management, no benefits, extremely high turn-over rate, work until 10 at night sometimes, no over-time pay, out-of-date facilities and materials, must please the parents, students barely learn anything

Advice to Management

Actually manage instead of just trying to please the parents.

RSS Feed </> Embed