ACI Worldwide

ACI Worldwide Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

ACI Worldwide President, CEO, and Director Phil Heasley

Phil Heasley

Pros
  • They allow you to work from home when you are not required to be in the office for a meeting etc(in 9 reviews)

• Flexible work hours; work from home is allowed(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • No core values, short term profits is all that counts for senior management(in 18 reviews)

• No work/life balance & communication is terrible(in 7 reviews)

Good experience, these people work hard and play hard

Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsFlexible scheduling, allow remote working at times. Great interaction with all departments. Employee engagement is encouraged and supported by upper management. Keeps the company updated as to where we are going

ConsWill work very hard and sometimes long weeks, but working from home is okay. Priorities are always shifting, so it is hard to get your bearing when you first start out working.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to share in the outlook of the company

Company is going down the tubes - Avoid

(Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsA paycheck every two weeks (while it lasted).

ConsLayoff and acquisition culture has killed this company. Main offices seem to fare slightly better. Others are highly dispensable and are gotten rid of overnight with no concern for the employee or the impact on their families.

Stupid processes and rude territorial attitudes prevail.

Geographically over stretched so nothing gets done efficiently.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat's the point of giving any when you're going to be labelled a disgruntled former employee? Who really cares anyway.

Was great not any more

Senior Engineer (Former Employee) Omaha, NE

Prospeople that have been there a long time

Consemployees are not appreciated and taken for granted - cannot be successful

Advice to Senior Managementemployee empowerment.....not only words, but action

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Pathetic, Horrible, Insecure

Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsWhat ?? if there is any those sucking managers know very well.

ConsWhere do I start? This company is the definition of an insecure, terrible company. They don't care for employees and are ready to fire people at any time. All they care about is acquiring other companies and making themselves big. And God save you if you worked for one of those companies that got acquired by them. They won't care how many years you have worked there or what your track record has been. They can fire you any time.

Employees go to work everyday not knowing whether they will have a job at the end of the day. My advice is "STAY AWAY" from this place. And if you work for them "RUN... RUN FOR YOUR LIFE"
    It's not worth the stress at all. You are much more valuable than you think.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a life you all stupid stinking humps.... you think you are going to be big... No, your deeds will come back to haunt you...

Mr CEO i want to see you on the streets begging for pennies.

Wonderful

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsExcellent work atmosphere and great place to learn.

ConsSalary can be a better amount.

Good to work for if you have no life.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsACI is a stable company with decent benefits. ACI has office around the world, and there are many opportunities to grow.

ConsHowever, management never tries to fix the problems, long time. Always fire fighting. Work/life balance is horrible here. Have to get up real early to meet with the team in India (half of the company is there), on top of your regular work day.

ACI isn't the same company as when it started

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery hard working people. They work long hours evenings, weekends on vacation. It's a shame that management doesn't recognize that.

ConsThe management at this company doesn't have a clue. They make decisions that don't turn out as expected. Work their employees to death trying to fix it. Then terminate the wrong people when it goes bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementBoard of Directors. Check out the rating of your CEO 21% approval rating and 38 % for the company. That says a lot. You have made some hiring decisions in Sr Management that need to be fixed. Sr. Management that was hired in the past 18 months in Omaha need to be gotten rid of. They are destroying moral.

Difficult organization to work for

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Waltham, MA

ProsACI is certainly poised to make substantial financial gains as long as they can execute effectively.

Currently they are a major player in the payments industry

They allow you to work from home when you are not required to be in the office for a meeting etc.

ConsThe huge amount of process and systems limitations placed upon engineers by the IT staff and corporate security group makes it very difficult to be productive in developing software. In fact the moral among engineers is dropping due to the restrictions

There is limited room to allow innovation inside ACI outside of the chosen few who work on their Reference Architecture

There is little consideration for work/life balance. Most in Sr Management consider 60 hours the new 40 hour work week.

ACI seems to be more focused on average bill rate than the productivity of well trained engineering staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementRelax process and controls which will allow engineering to be productive.

Find a way to allow reasonable work/life balance. Meetings at 11pm at night to 5-6am plus a regular work day in your geo makes it difficult to have any balance.

Be more open to new technology and listen to the engineers who are actually having to use your internal tools.

It's a mess -- stay away.

(Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsCasual work environment.

Co-workers very helpful (perhaps nothing much to do with company culture but more dependent on individuals themselves) and reasonably friendly environment.

Close to a Chuy's location. :)

Ok work.

ConsLots of red tape and lack of an efficient process to turn things around within a few hours or in a day, made even more cumbersome by outside team members and offices in different cities.

Cussing and back-biting in meetings. This also reflects the frustration felt by many people.

Lack of feedback/praise/criticism from any management level. The same rude, back-biting culture make bad news spread fast. Management is quick with reprisals for that one occasional slip.

Senior management is more focused on acquiring more companies and thereby firing employees because there are "overlapping" roles. Employees cannot focus on their work with such uncertainty and having to constantly watch their backs. Reorgs and layoffs are common. Company-wide meetings are empty feel good events that don't serve any purpose other than management patting each other on the back for a mediocre job done.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus more on the employee (they make your revenue).

I left, but I feel sorry for people who still work here.

(Former Employee) Waltham, MA

ProsNone really. They try to sell you the job, but don't mention the bad stuff until it is too late !

ConsToo many useless processes being designed and enforced by extremely incompetent and confused managers at every level. Geographically over-stretched, with bad communications between sites, including but not limited to language barriers and time zone issues. Wide-spread use of obsolete technologies making it a challenge to learn anything new. No one helps anyone unless provided a project billing number, even for small stuff.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice given to management, acknowledged, but told to do things as they currently stand. So what's the point of giving advice to someone who is not willing to do anything about it ? Don't waste your time even looking at this company. It is bound to fail.

Worked for ACI Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!