ACI Worldwide

ACI Worldwide Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

ACI Worldwide President, CEO, and Director Phil Heasley

Phil Heasley

Pros
  • They allow you to work from home when you are not required to be in the office for a meeting etc(in 9 reviews)

• Flexible work hours; work from home is allowed(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • No core values, short term profits is all that counts for senior management(in 18 reviews)

• No work/life balance & communication is terrible(in 7 reviews)

SUPER AWESOME!

Senior Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsWork from home when needed. Excellent benefits. Great people.

ConsNo Chicago location at this time.

A pretty good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits - affordable health insurance, 401(k) matching, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays and 3 1/2 weeks of vacation to start off with

ConsA lot of M&A's that often cause RIFs, not a lot of upward mobility in my current department, a lot of nepotism with management staff.

Everything is budget, budget, budget. Positions are often closed in areas that need them and employees are expected to pick up the slack.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to view employees more as people and not machines

More managers, more process, but still get it done YESTERDAY

Software Developer (Current Employee)

ProsCo-workers
    Flexible hours when not working 24/7, which they would like now.
    Possible to work from home
    Co-workers

ConsExtremely stressful workload for actual workers
    Want you available 24 by 7
    Expect you to keep upgrading skills, but give no time to do so.
    Adding process to job, but don't add time to do the process

Advice to Senior ManagementWalk a mile in your employees shoes. There are jobs at ACI that aren't learned in a day, a week, or even a year. It takes a long time to become top notch. And you have let too many top notch ACTUAL workers go with your pressure and lack of appreciation for what they really do.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Could be so great but wasting talent

Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsFlexible hours, great colleagues, nice facilities

ConsUpper management is out of touch with reality and have no interest in finding out the real story or changing direction.
    Your hard work and dedication to your job will yield a raise for someone up the chain but you'll get nothing for it.

Advice to Senior ManagementRather than simply telling employees how important they are, try showing it by giving them fair and meaningful raises as well as bonuses. Bonuses and reasonable raises are only for upper management. The folks that do the heavy lifting end up with 1%-2% raise, if that. Some get nothing. With this, it's clear you don't value your staff much so stop telling them you do. It rings hollow.

Specific to the Austin, Texas ACI office only (was S1)

Associate Software Engineer (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsThe Austin ACI office has genuinely friendly people, a casual work environment, a wide range of technologies, and an incredible number of opportunities for self starters. Plus free breakfast tacos on friday mornings!

ConsUnfortunately the S1 Austin office was already going downhill prior to the acquisition by ACI. The focus was on a poor work-life balance, unmanageable workload, toxic work environment with no support - or outright sabotage by a now-fired department head, and 15+ year old legacy software that was never updated. After the acquisition, the entire product base and office was left in limbo, with no direction being provided by management and the environment further dropping the already low morale and explaining constant exodus of employees. Attempts to play musical chairs with the seating arrangement, organizational structure, and product lifecycle du jour were all meaningless 'solutions' that avoided the real problems.

If there were aggressive changes by management to provide discrete direction, this could be a very fun place to work, but I don't see that happening.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on internal product lifecycle, from paying off technical debt to support and operations tools, and not being led by feature creep due to vaporware sales and an "always say 'yes'" philosophy. Aim for a best of breed product in a 2-4 year cycle, with the initial - and continuing focus - on internal supportability, not customer wishlists. Accept the customer attrition as the cost of lack of vision while redeveloping the development process and product to better suit the needs of your company, much less your customers.

Fire drill atmosphere

Global exposure
    Travel 25%
    L3 management is fantastic- work hard for little to no reward

ConsEscalations upon escalation
    Management does not respect their staff; no comprehension of how their actions impact their directs
    Poor top down communication
    Expected 24/7 work environment
    Below standard pay

Advice to Senior ManagementWatch the way your middle managers treat and talk to their directs- some are asking for a lawsuit.

Learn how to support your staff along with your clients; stop over committing and creating fire drills.

Hostile takeover... need I say more?

Technical Project Manager (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsI worked for S1 for more than 4 years prior to the takeover by ACI. Then reluctantly stayed for another 2 years. ACI management was clueless of our products, people and process which we actually managed pretty well prior to their insertion. The previous senior management under S1 were personable, honest and people I would invite to dinner.

ConsThe leadership and promotions to leadership were a joke. Some of the worst I've experienced in my 15+ years in professional software/IT. Benefits took a decline after the takeover and the culture and attitudes were just sad and painful.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot that they would even bother to read/listen... enough said.

Applications Development Intern

Applications Development (Former Employee) Omaha, NE

Pros- Flexible Hours
    - Hard-workers
    - Great company
    - Gorgeous Campus
    - Technology friendly/advanced

Cons- A little too many hours
    - Management communication

Great people

ProsGreat people, interesting technology, growing marketplace

ConsCompany infrastructure in very weak, not committed to systems or processes to enable company to grow.

Big Company with no human touch

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMoney is good and benefits aren't too bad either.

ConsNo work/life balance & communication is terrible

Advice to Senior Managementshare the knowledge with your staff

Worked for ACI Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!