ACI Worldwide

ACI Worldwide Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

ACI Worldwide President, CEO, and Director Phil Heasley

Phil Heasley

Pros
  • They allow you to work from home when you are not required to be in the office for a meeting etc (in 9 reviews)

• Flexible work hours; work from home is allowed (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • No core values, short term profits is all that counts for senior management (in 18 reviews)

• No work/life balance & communication is terrible (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

I worked at ACI for several years and have seen a lot of changes over my tenure there.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsLoved my role, and the freedom I had. Love my direct team.

ConsVoice wasn't heard. Too much process. Too many politics and too many people in executive management wanting control of the same things. Layoffs becoming normal part of business and occurred at least once a year. Leaders often could not make decisions when two opposing solutions were at the table.

Advice to Senior ManagementManage costs better to eliminate so many reorgs and layoffs.

Not happy and leaving

Account Executive (Current Employee) Chantilly, VA

ProsLarge company, decent base salary, remote office, set own hours.

ConsCommission is capped. Management has no direction. High stress. Most staff have checked out and don't care that you have a client down. Management made discriminatory comment during sales meeting. Not a good company to work for now.

Advice to Senior ManagementMonitor your mid level managers before they cause a lawsuit with their comments. Get staff motivated and make commissions more desirable.

Executive Management Needs to Work Together

Director (Former Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsLower level employees work hard and care for their work and for the company.

ConsEverything is an escalation. Even small items that should be quickly discussed and resolved, turn into lengthy emails and escalations making every situation stressful and elongated. Losing lots of very talented resources due to company "high stress" culture shift.

Advice to Senior Management"Don't sweat the small stuff." Work towards a unified vision and avoid making every item a "fire drill". Every item is not a fire drill and top priority. Work it that way.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Software Engineer

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsFlexible schedule, nice working environment, free sports club membership, smart architects and friendly coworkers.

ConsIrregular working hours, lots of early/late meetings because of internationally distributed teams, lots of overhead.

Red headed stepchild outpost of a major company

Project Manager (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsACI offers a strong benefits package, good PTO and the managers genuinely want employees to find work/life balance.

Great people to work with on every team in this office.

ConsJust about everything in this office is based around a single online banking product. This office submits to management that is based in the Norcross, GA office. There is little to no involvement with the corporate office in Omaha. So the culture and corporate experiences and products from corporate seem very distant and remote. Company-wide, all-hands meetings feel like you are watching somebody else's company meeting, because it does seem consistent with your everyday experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't waste Austin! You have an office in a veritable hotbed of technology resources. Expand the scope of the work done in this office from supporting a single product to take advantage of the rich resources here to improve all of ACI's platforms and products. This office feels disjointed and that's a shame, because it could be a strong anchor location for ACI Worldwide.

I enjoyed working at ACI great people opportunities to grow.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWealth of knowledge from a great team of employees. Very personable many training avenues to improve your skills.

ConsTo many buy outs of other companies makes job security less likely.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey are fair, They are doing the best for their share holders.

ACI is a company who care little about clients view of them or the client satisfaction. Too bad

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood software, but becoming very dated. Great people in the trenches.

ConsNaples management are living in a glass house, but can't seem to see the world outside.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop talk about how great the company is in your own view and get out in the world to really find out the truth...Rome is burning

Wonderful People - Management is Clueless

Prosco workers and benefits are wonderful

Consto many hoops and cumbersome systems

Advice to Senior Managementget rid of all of the micro management and let us do our jobs

Enjoy my job and coworkers. ACI has good benefits, but is a horrible company to work for in the corporate sense.

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsGood work environment (when you’re not worried about being laid off).
    ACI allows flexible work schedule.

ConsNo employee loyalty even for high performers. Layoff’s happen all the time due to acquisitions or numbers crunch. I have seen so much talent let go.

ACI is transferring more and more US based jobs to offshore resources (India and Romania especially). I have seen US based employees laid off and their job is transferred to an offshore resource.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the layoffs and offer a more secure environment for the employees. When ACI acquires a new company the employees are put under a lot of stress until the post-acquisition layoffs are complete and they know they are safe.

I’m really tired of hearing the word ‘synergy’ when referring to layoffs. When a corporate email is sent and it has the word ‘synergy’ everyone knows that means that layoffs have occurred.

Here is the Merriam-Webster definition for synergy: The increased effectiveness that results when two or more people or businesses work together.

How is it synergy when the workforce has been reduced which creates more employee disengagement?

ACI Worldwide: good domain

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat domain. Lots of travel. Lot of clients.

ConsLow increments, especially for companies they took over. Less motivation and make the taken over companies loose their startup culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementHandle different segments differently. Stop being cheapstakes.

Worked for ACI Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!