ACLD

ACLD Reviews in Bethpage, NY

3.3

Aaron Liebowitz

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

My experience at aCLD is somewhat Okay, but it can be better

Current Employee - Direct Support Professional in Bethpage, NY
    Current Employee - Direct Support Professional in Bethpage, NY

I have been working at ACLD full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

good benefits: profit sharing, 401K, tuition reimbursement, medical and dental benefits, flexible spending account, tuition reimbursement, flexible shifts: morning, evenings, overnights, reimbursement of medical expenses, free training: CPR and defensive driving course

Cons

preferential treatment, favoritism, some employees do more work than others, others are allowed to shirk responsibilities and do less work while all have the same title and about the same pay rate, job responsibilities are not assigned equally, no raises in several years

none

I enjoy my work but I am going broke due to low salary and cost of living on LI.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethpage, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethpage, NY

I have been working at ACLD

Pros

Working to improve the lives of handicapped children and adults has been a very emotionally rewarding experience. I enjoy the people with whom I work most closely and with the staff in general.

Cons

Salaries are low and have been stagnant for four years. The cost of health insurance, however, has gone up so, in effect, we are making less now than in 2007. New York State is broke also so they are cutting support for agencies such as ours.

Since the state is cutting back so much, it becomes necessary to develop outside sources of income such as fund raising, grants and fees for service where practical and permissible.