ACR Homes Reviews

James Nelson

1. Great company!

Former Employee - Program Counselor
    Former Employee - Program Counselor

I worked at ACR Homes part-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a wonderful company. The company is founded on the principle that everybody matters, no matter their abilities, knowledge, productiveness, or anything else. This principle clearly shows in everything in the company! Although the medical field is not my preferred field of work, I loved going to work each day knowing that I was going to make a difference in the lives of four people who needed help in one way or another.

Cons

The job was stressful at times, but that is to be expected in a job where you are taking care of people's medical and personal needs. Also, we were low staff some of the time, but then we got bonuses for picking up extra shifts!

Advice to Management

Keep doing an awesome job!

2. PCA

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I worked at ACR Homes (Less than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers and really flexible hours. The residents become like a part of your family and make you care about your job.

Cons

My house did not have a car so had to use my own when doing outings. ACR doesn't provide insurance until your insurance is maxed out however, so they are essentially using their employees without protecting them. Ton of turnover because of burnout and little pay.

Advice to Management

Stop being so cheap and spending money on things like "dances" or "interior designers" or "gift cards" for people who work over 80 hours in a month. Give more money to your employees and maybe the turnover rate wont be as high.

3. Spread their people thin

I worked at ACR Homes

Pros

Good hours, good company I like what they do. Most are good employees but they over work them constantly

Cons

Management overworks their good employees, example I had a friend be HR, Coffee Shop then also the Head CEO's assistant. They don't train. They expect you to figure it out. Accounting management was awful. The rest of the ladys were great but the head person was terrible.

Advice to Management

Stop spreading your people thin. Train, train, train

5. Great experience

I have been working at ACR Homes full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Being able to make a difference in people's lives, close knit community within the home, high quality staffing, supervisor on call 24/7 to answer questions and deal with issues, flexible scheduling, getting medical experience (looks great on future job applications or for med/PA/OT/PT school)

Cons

Not many. Shifts can be challenging, but that comes with the territory. Conservative leanings (COO references "obamacare" instead of the affordable care act, pro life, etc).

Advice to Management

Supervisors seem overworked a lot of the time. They could keep staff happier if there was a way to keep them from working crazy hours!

6. I work with people who have disabilities.

Current Employee - Program Coordinator
    Current Employee - Program Coordinator

I have been working at ACR Homes

Pros

Flexibility, a lot of opportunities within the company, rewarding

Cons

Unorganized, people don't respond to emails/phone calls often or at all.

Advice to Management

The higher level individuals should be more willing to help the employees.

7. Friendly and caring staff and residents

Former Employee - Weekend Supervisor in Roseville, MN
    Former Employee - Weekend Supervisor in Roseville, MN

I worked at ACR Homes part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I really liked the flexibility of shifts and training schedules. The RS at my home was very caring and sincere with staff and residents. The family involvement was very positive and health care teams try to really get to know each resident.

Cons

No raises ever. If you're a really good staff, many RS's will depend on you for extra things. There's never real supervision going on during shifts so staff have to really trust each other to make sure things are getting done.

Advice to Management

PCs don't get paid enough because shifts are often packed with planned and unplanned incidents. However, the company has a great sense of community.

8. Great opportunities from students to working professionals

Current Employee - Program Counselor
    Current Employee - Program Counselor

I have been working at ACR Homes part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Compensation, bonuses for recruiting, growing opportunities for the company and the management takes the time to listen to feedback from all employees for development.

Cons

Some strict guidelines, openness of pro-life beliefs and conservative motivations

9. Great company, awesome staff and residents.

I have been working at ACR Homes

Pros

Support, Residents, fun atmosphere, looks good on resume

Cons

Long house (16 hour doubles)

Advice to Management

None

10. Great place to work

Current Employee - Program Counselor in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Program Counselor in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at ACR Homes

Pros

Staff is wonderful and I love my residents it feels like I'm part of another family. Staff genuinely cares about you and very helpful picking up shifts or trading if something comes up. Boss is not standing over your shoulder but always accessible and responds quickly. Lots of activities put on by the company and lots of drawings and prizes you can win for picking up hours. I once won $1,000 for a contest I don't even realise I entered lol seriously great perks

Cons

Hard work. I get a sore back when I am tired and don't pay attention to how I lift. Feels like a family so it's always fun but it gets monotonous doing the same chores and cares every day. If you get bored or your house becomes too difficult for you the management does a great job of showing you options within the company. I've switched to different houses and picked up extra shifts all over the company to change things up. Not very any cons at all!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. I love how involve the founders are and how much they care.

11. Great care, subpar staff support.

Current Employee - Program Counselor in Roseville, MN
    Current Employee - Program Counselor in Roseville, MN

I have been working at ACR Homes part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

ACR provides great care, and treats residents and their families with respect and dignity. The residents are wonderful, and the chance to develop relationships with them can be life changing.

Cons

Poor pay, and direct care staff seem to be "a dime a dozen" meaning they are easily replaced and not all that valued by upper management (this is not always true in individual homes).

Advice to Management

Invest in your people, they do the real work. Offering just a little support to staff who do the hardest work (hint: they rarely visit the office after initial training) would improve resident care and increase your retention rate.

RSS Feed </> Embed