ACR Homes Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.9
James Nelson

1. Great company, great experience!

I have been working at ACR Homes part-time (More than a year)

Pros

1.) Competitive pay ($11.00-$15.00/hr) 2.) Patient care experience (no prior experience necessary) 3.) Flexible hours (day, evening, overnight/ full-time or part-time) 5.) Rewarding, purposeful work 6.) ACR was voted #1 workplace by employees in the Star Tribune in 2015

Cons

Interview process and training can be lengthy. However, training is paid!

2. Great experience for pre-health careers!

Current Employee - Program Counselor in Roseville, MN

I have been working at ACR Homes (Less than a year)

Pros

Working for ACR provides great experience, especially for college students looking to gain direct patient care experience before applying to med or grad school. Additionally, it is incredibly rewarding and you form great relationships with residents and other staff. The company is incredibly supportive of their staff/residents and truly want to see them succeed. -Hours are flexible and part-time staff are only required 12 hrs/week minimum. -Internship program for current employees that provides additional experience for the intern and can benefit the residents -Many different shifts to fit any schedule -Great care provided to residents

Cons

Lengthy interview process but this does ensure quality employees for the company.

Advice to Management

Incentives are great for employees, ACR events are a great way to bring the houses together and for the residents to meet new people!

3. Program Counselor Position

Current Employee - Program Counselor in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at ACR Homes (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, meaningful work, medical equipment training/experience, work with people who have disabilities, medical charting experience, great coworkers.

Cons

Relatively high turnover rate of staff (because most are college-aged). ETP cars are so-so.

Advice to Management

Invest a little more in ETP car quality/condition.

5. Awesome company, great and fulfilling job!

Current Employee - Program Counselor in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at ACR Homes part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hands on medical field experience, making a difference in the lives of others, finally a company that has values and stands by them!, fun and fast paced work environment

Cons

some houses are over staffed, so it can be hard to get hours--- everyone loves the job so much!

6. ACR is Such a Wonderful Company!

Current Employee - Direct Care Staff in Roseville, MN
    Current Employee - Direct Care Staff in Roseville, MN

I have been working at ACR Homes part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked as a direct care staff at ACR Homes for almost a year now, and I have loved every moment of working with this company. I had no experience in the health care industry or as a caretaker; ACR provides great training for all of its employees and, gives you a solid support system for any questions you have. If you are looking for a fun, meaningful job, with flexible hours and great compensation I would highly suggest checking out ACR! If you are a student looking for an internship, they have a wide variety as options as well! This is by far the most meaningful job I have ever had and is so personally rewarding. I go into work and hangout with my friends and just live life with them! Working for ACR has not only allowed me the opportunity to assist my residents in their personal growth, but also has forever changed the way in which I see the world and interact with others. It is easy to look at an individual with a disability and consider of all the things that they cannot do, instead of considering what they can do and how we can assist them in achieving the highest quality and enjoyment of life. I am honored to advocate for the dignity and respect of each of my residents.

Cons

Can't think of a single one!

7. Great Job with Great Experience

Pros

As a nursing student, ACR has given me the needed experience to be able to feel confident going into clinicals along with the professional health care world. This job is extremely flexible because they often 24-hour care to their residents, there was always a shift that I could work into my nursing schedule. ACR also offers internships, which is a great opportunity for students that need internships for school. However, unlike most places, ACR will hire you for both a job and a internship. Most places that I have talked to require a un-paid internship just to be able to apply for the paid position. ACR offers internships in all fields of study, not just health care related fields as well.

Cons

Because of my background of nursing, some of the training was repetitive.

Healthcare experience

I have been working at ACR Homes part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I needed healthcare experience and direct patient care hours for my med school apps and had heard lots of recommendations to get the experience at ACR. Mostly college students work here, so they're pretty flexible with scheduling. I love my residents which makes me love my job and reassures me I'm looking towards the right profession!

Cons

Minimum of 12 hours/week Requirement to work holidays

Advice to Management

Incentives and contests are generally a good way to encourage employees to go above and beyond

9. Great company!

Former Employee - Program Counselor
    Former Employee - Program Counselor

I worked at ACR Homes part-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a wonderful company. The company is founded on the principle that everybody matters, no matter their abilities, knowledge, productiveness, or anything else. This principle clearly shows in everything in the company! Although the medical field is not my preferred field of work, I loved going to work each day knowing that I was going to make a difference in the lives of four people who needed help in one way or another.

Cons

The job was stressful at times, but that is to be expected in a job where you are taking care of people's medical and personal needs. Also, we were low staff some of the time, but then we got bonuses for picking up extra shifts!

Advice to Management

Keep doing an awesome job!

10. PCA

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I worked at ACR Homes (Less than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers and really flexible hours. The residents become like a part of your family and make you care about your job.

Cons

My house did not have a car so had to use my own when doing outings. ACR doesn't provide insurance until your insurance is maxed out however, so they are essentially using their employees without protecting them. Ton of turnover because of burnout and little pay.

Advice to Management

Stop being so cheap and spending money on things like "dances" or "interior designers" or "gift cards" for people who work over 80 hours in a month. Give more money to your employees and maybe the turnover rate wont be as high.

Spread their people thin

Pros

Good hours, good company I like what they do. Most are good employees but they over work them constantly

Cons

Management overworks their good employees, example I had a friend be HR, Coffee Shop then also the Head CEO's assistant. They don't train. They expect you to figure it out. Accounting management was awful. The rest of the ladys were great but the head person was terrible.

Advice to Management

Stop spreading your people thin. Train, train, train

RSS Feed </> Embed