ACRT

ACRT Reviews

Updated May 7, 2014

Michael B. Weidner

Rock Solid Company, Good to Employees

ProsGood Pay, good culture, company vehicle

ConsContract work, no sick days off

Underpaid, dangerous situations, you really don't need a college degree

CUF (Former Employee)

ProsThey'll hire anyone, so if you're looking for a job, apply
    You get a truck
    Lots of walking
    Freedom

ConsVery low pay
    Dangerous
    Degrading if you have half a brain

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employees better

Almost Awesome

CUF (Current Employee) Bakersfield, CA

ProsNot at a desk daily, free truck, free gas, no supervision.

ConsNo real training, lack of communication throughout entire company. Dangerous, dangerous job. Mostly littered with uneducated people, whilst the "require a 4 year degree", its great learning from someone who speaks as poorly as the company pays.

Advice to Senior Managementif you pay better, you will get better employees (educated). Ultimately saving you money (over lists, HNs, etc).

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Solid company, cares for employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEmployee Owned company, has performed strongly in past few years, which helps in increasing share value.

ConsLimited advancement opportunities due to the structure of the company. Also can be challenging to be a female in a largely male dominated company.

No one home

Consulting Utility Forester (Former Employee) Oakland, CA

ProsIt's an employee-owned company, not that you'd necessarily know it if it wasn't printed on all the trucks.

There's a great deal of independence. You generally choose how you spend your time, and what order to complete your tasks in.

You get to spend a lot (most) of your time outdoors.

You get to go to places you'd never go otherwise (prison, mail-sorting facility, country club. . . ) and see a lot of infrastructure.

ConsIt's like working in a void. 90+% of days, you don't see another ACRT employee, and you run into your supervisor only about once a month when you both happen to be in the office. I had the impression my supervisor pretty much forgot I existed in between time when we would run into each other. I experimented with trying really hard, working way more than I was reporting, and slacking off and working less, and got the same reviews with both approaches.

You get really lonely out there by yourself every day, with only angry customers to talk to, and not that many of them.

Ticks.

Irate customers who don't respect you, your credentials, or the job you're doing.

No sick days, even though you have to work in all weather conditions.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to employees. Ask them questions. When they leave, ask them for an exit interview (you'd learn bucketfulls). Since people choose their work start times, give them as much notice as possible before meetings that have early-morning start times.

good

Proswork outside, alone, company vehicle, independence

Consrate of pay is lower than other same job at other companies (like ECI)

Advice to Senior Managementdecrease workload at the scuf level in order to facilitate more hands on new employee training and support for experienced employees. Would also increase employee desire for promotion and upward mobility while retaining quality managers. Compensation at ACRT is also relatively low when compared with others in the field who also offer a personal vehicle and comparable benefits package.

Worked for ACRT? Contribute to the Community!