ACS (Actividades de construccion y Servicios)
www.grupoacs.com Madrid, Spain 5000+ Employees

ACS (Actividades de construccion y Servicios) Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

ACS (Actividades de construccion y Servicios) Chairman and CEO Florentino Pérez Rodríguez

Florentino Pérez Rodríguez

Great place if you are friends with upper management!

I worked at ACS (Actividades de construccion y Servicios)

ProsGood pay if you are fortune to have a long tenure with ACS. You do learn a lot as most departments are understaffed which affords you the ability to wear different hats.

ConsUpper management is not concerned with customer service but with the bottom line. It is all about who you know and not what you know. Lay offs are foreseeable even when profits are up.

Advice to Senior ManagementTime to review the senior management and their leadership abilities. An open door policy does not exist, literally, doors are closed 75% of the time.

ACS

Technical Consultant (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at ACS (Actividades de construccion y Servicios)

ProsGreat Domain Knowledge Experience, Work closely with Business Analysts. Learn about the full suite of IBM products and Commercial Off the Shelf software

ConsLate hours, not very flexible work hours. Some bad managers who do not respect your time-off. Huge egos for some managers

Advice to Senior ManagementWelcome more feedback from employees. Respect employees vacation time. Provide benefits for extra work hours and late nights. Employee appraisal should be fair

Decent place if you are entering or re-entering the workforce.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Cary, NC

I worked at ACS (Actividades de construccion y Servicios)

ProsManagers are flexible and try to help employees with work/life balance. You get to meet a diversity of people, some good and some bad and I am talking about the employees working there. Most first line supers were helpful and available if you had questions. The training was extremely fine-tuned and complete so you were comfortable with the various programs you were using when you got to your workstation.

ConsApparently the managers or whoever is hiring still does not check into the background of employees well enough. There seemed to be a noticeable lack of professionalism in a number of the employees working there in the way that they dressed and conducted themselves.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet even more stringent with the hiring and background checking of employees. Try to hire the best quality employees possible. Really listen when interviews are being conducted to determine better the maturity and professionalism level of the person.

ACS

I worked at ACS (Actividades de construccion y Servicios)

ProsSome of the poeple who work there are great, others are not.

ConsThe job salaries are below standard.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people who know what they are doing

Slow place to work

Newark, NJ

I have been working at ACS (Actividades de construccion y Servicios)

ProsFlexible and can work remote

ConsThe working process is horrible

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not rely on offshore

Processing

Financial Aid Officer (Current Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at ACS (Actividades de construccion y Servicios)

ProsMake own hours, do not have to talk to customers. You also get to sit and listen to music all day long and people here are pretty conservative and just sit at the computer all day long.

ConsSit at a computer terminal for 8 hours. No human contact which can be good depending on the way you love your life.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not micro manage and be more open to vacation plans. Also please consider that we are human beings and not processing machines. Also you could pay us more just the bare fact that you pay us 11.54 an hour is not good.

No loyalty to employee, Remote Management without personal interaction. Employees are treated as expendable resources.

Provo, UT

I have been working at ACS (Actividades de construccion y Servicios)

ProsIf you don't care about your career and just want to make a few bucks, ACS is the place to work.

ConsNo pad on the back for doing a good job, and thus no incentive for being loyal to the company and to your job responsbility.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should develop a closer relationship to the employee.

Felt like a slave

Elgibility Specialist (Former Employee)
Marion, IN

I worked at ACS (Actividades de construccion y Servicios)

ProsThe hourly pay at ACS is very high for the area and type of work (customer service) . The other women I worked with were for the most part friendly and not back stabbers. I enjoyed the their comaradie, and helpfulness to share information.

ConsMy main complaint is the way employees were treated. I was forced into a new area with little to no training. I felt so imcompetent and had to call over help for every call, putting client on hold for long periods of time. While was expected to keep time of calls down. No one asked me if I WOULD take the position, I was FORCED to, after learning all I could to do the job I was hired for for 3 months. I did not feel appreciated for the effort put in. My first evaluation of my performance was "failure", which really crushed me, after trying so hard to do a good job. I was basically marked down for 1 little thing I didn't say. They expect you to go by a script to answer questions when half the questions aren't IN the script! And the search capibilities of the script is non-existant. You are timed at breaks strickly and pay cut if you go over break or lunch time. This felt like inhuman treatment. Sometimes ya gotta take a potty break and want to get a cup of joe and decompress on your break but the timing is so strict- I have worked for small companies before this and was treated like a person, not a thing. Their benefits are non-exhistant and not even offered until after 90 days. I didn't need their health insurance thank goodness but feel sorry for all those who do. Only the pay is good and its not worth it when you feel like this about your job.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat people like people, not machines. ASK if they are willing to take a new position. TRAIN them for the new position if they take it. Worry about the customer/client more and less about TIME used to help the person. Again Treat people like PEOPLE.

n/a

Trainer (Current Employee)
Cary, NC

I have been working at ACS (Actividades de construccion y Servicios)

ProsGreat place for college graduates to begin employment, potential for career building skills and a good work ethic. The company itself does offer some opportunity for advancement but limited and you can be capped with options if not a part of clicks certain circles of networking.

ConsPromotions are not fairly approved or allocated. Good people can get stuck and overlooked when performing greatly and poor performers are promoted for failure.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be most beneficial to review the promotion trends of employees and have workshops and training classes in place to educate the managment personnel. Many of the actions are unjust and bias in terms of why people are promoted versus one that are not. Maybe a charted career path to show how one can successfully complete one thing in route to promotional opportunities.

OK place to work

I worked at ACS (Actividades de construccion y Servicios)

ProsLots of diverse opportunities within the company.

ConsPoor salary and benefis compared to the rest of the industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to employee concerns.

Worked for ACS (Actividades de construccion y Servicios)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ACS (Actividades de construccion y Servicios) reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ACS (Actividades de construccion y Servicios) CEO Florentino Pérez Rodríguez. All 30 reviews posted anonymously by ACS (Actividades de construccion y Servicios) employees.