ACS International Reviews

Milan S. Patel

1. Good and Bad

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I worked at ACS International full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

top of the line office equipment and work environment. good people and nice facilities.

Cons

in order to advance, you need to be tight with the owners. owners need to take advice from all employees.

Advice to Management

listen to you middle management. they have good ideas. don't just come up with a plan for the future and not get input from all employees

2. Great opportunity

Former Employee - Project Manager in Leesburg, VA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Leesburg, VA

I worked at ACS International (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great team to work with

Cons

There were few management crisis that were not handled internally

Advice to Management

None

3. Interesting company....some pros some cons

Former Employee - AppleCare IOS Technical Advisor in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - AppleCare IOS Technical Advisor in Raleigh, NC

I worked at ACS International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

training team is awesome, availability of resources

Cons

time off policies, promotions lacking greatly

Advice to Management

Need more flexibility with absentees considering some things are not avoidable or planned for

5. Sr. Project Manager

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager

I worked at ACS International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The line staff is very intelligent, friendly and hardworking. It is they who promote a collaborative environment

Cons

Executive Management is not from planet earth. Unrealistic expectations set for clients and unrealistic goals for working staff, faulty software.

Advice to Management

Do not stretch you staff so thin that quality suffers. Acknowledge performers.

Always Changing Stats(ACS)

Current Employee - Gen Tech in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Gen Tech in Cary, NC

I have been working at ACS International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Every month you start fresh with all stats. I like the challenge and always having to learn something new. When something happens unexpectedly they are understanding about missing work.

Cons

They constantly change pay rate and bonus statistics making it difficult to make much more then the base pay. They seem to make these changes when people start to get used to them and start getting their stats where they should be. They not only change to a harder target then it was when we were not hitting these targets to begin with they make semi-structured decisions which cause confusion and stress upon the production workers. Segment 1 agents (Which means those that are at goal month to month) are starting to drop and having to re adjust too much to compensate. For example: I have been a super star agent from the first day I started and due to changes to unreachable targets I am now dropping out, I will be fortunate to keep my status for future months to come. Everyone who works here feels that we are being targeted to fail and not be able to move up and out (to different programs or even higher seats) due to poor/dropping stats etc. I like change but being there a year I can say there has been lack of consistency with pay structure and there is constant adjustment to make your same wage. There was no difficulty to get in. It was actually surprising that they are a minimum requirement facility because they hire as fast as they terminate and people leave because it is a difficult job that is rarely rewarding. (When management changes stats knowing there is a network being rebuilt and many things that the agent can not control. Be prepared to handle difficult people and situations. I feel like if they focused on hiring people that would stay for a longer period of time (all production is tempory when you have a career goal) instead of leave because of causing it to be unsatisfying for their employees or because of misguided information or lack there of then they would have a stronger facility.

Advice to Management

Old ways worked the best this is why you have to keep restructuring every couple months. If we are going to be effective, we have to be consistent. Training needs to be shorter, more condensed and advanced . Experience is everything. The quicker you train the new hires, as long as it efficient, the faster they can get hands on experience and assistance.

7. It is a good work experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

It provides good pay. Good benefits and nice people.

Cons

The hours and the time off.

Advice to Management

Learn the basics of the job.

8. Good place to work however not recognized by senior management.

Current Employee - Project Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Dallas, TX

Pros

Flexibility to work from home and ability to grow laterally with the company. I also like the changes which are starting to be made with the acquisition.

Cons

The management seems to be geared towards making profitability at the expense of employees and to retain the best talent is not important.

Advice to Management

Make sure to recognize your workers by giving yearly salary increase or by other recognition methods such as bonus or merit awards.

9. It is a great place to work

Current Employee - Technical in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Technical in Baltimore, MD

Pros

ACS is a great place to work. IT has a lot of benefits and they know how best to take care of their staff

Cons

ACS is a great place to work. It requires a lot of skills to keep up with the overall challenges at work

Advice to Management

They should focus on workers development program so as to improve the worker"s skills . This is very important in order for overalll improvement

10. This job is so repetitive I felt like I was working on an assembly line

Former Employee - Customer Care Agent in Cary, NC
    Former Employee - Customer Care Agent in Cary, NC

Pros

Training is the best part of the job. It was like going to comedy relief everyday while methods were highly effective for learning also. With the large group of employees, you were bound to find a small group that you could really 'click' with which made the job more tolerable. Managers are also in the same boat with the lower level employees so many are able to relate to challenges and can be helpful. EEO employer.

Cons

The shifts are scheduled at odd hours which can pose some difficulty for parents. The work is repetitive, some areas are congested and dirty, and some of the managers are uneducated and present themselves as such. EEO employer.

Advice to Management

For those managers who disrespect employees with disparaging remarks, try something different, try kindness. You'd be surprised with how it makes you feel at the end of the week and the improved performance of your unit.

11. Not a great place for me

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Benifits are not bad and people are easily approchable

Cons

No proper communication from Senior mgmt. Always surprises. No information sharing

RSS Feed </> Embed