ACS International

ACS International Reviews

2.6

ACS International CEO and CTO Milan S. Patel
Milan S. Patel

Interesting company....some pros some cons

Former Employee - AppleCare IOS Technical Advisor in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - AppleCare IOS Technical Advisor in Raleigh, NC

I worked at ACS International full-time (less than a year)

Pros

training team is awesome, availability of resources

Cons

time off policies, promotions lacking greatly

Need more flexibility with absentees considering some things are not avoidable or planned for

Sr. Project Manager

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager

I worked at ACS International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The line staff is very intelligent, friendly and hardworking. It is they who promote a collaborative environment

Cons

Executive Management is not from planet earth. Unrealistic expectations set for clients and unrealistic goals for working staff, faulty software.

Do not stretch you staff so thin that quality suffers. Acknowledge performers.

Good Company to Work

Former Employee - Mainframe Security Administrative in Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Mainframe Security Administrative in Bangalore (India)

I worked at ACS International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nice Pay Package
    Great Exposure to Technology

Cons

Shift Timing
    Management not worried about EMP

Please Try to Retain EMP and also have a EXIT Interview.

Good Place to Work here

I worked at ACS International

Pros

Good place to work, free cab. Some manager is good. Lot of client. Salary benefits is ok.

Cons

No Hike, more firing in the past. not much client.

Management should provide Hike at-least 1 in 2yrs Hike and other benefits

Always Changing Stats(ACS)

Current Employee - Gen Tech in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Gen Tech in Cary, NC

I have been working at ACS International full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Every month you start fresh with all stats. I like the challenge and always having to learn something new. When something happens unexpectedly they are understanding about missing work.

Cons

They constantly change pay rate and bonus statistics making it difficult to make much more then the base pay. They seem to make these changes when people start to get used to them and start getting their stats where they should be. They not only change to a harder target then it was when we were not hitting these targets to begin with they make semi-structured decisions which cause confusion and stress upon the production workers. Segment 1 agents (Which means those that are at goal month to month) are starting to drop and having to re adjust too much to compensate. For example: I have been a super star agent from the first day I started and due to changes to unreachable targets I am now dropping out, I will be fortunate to keep my status for future months to come. Everyone who works here feels that we are being targeted to fail and not be able to move up and out (to different programs or even higher seats) due to poor/dropping stats etc. I like change but being there a year I can say there has been lack of consistency with pay structure and there is constant adjustment to make your same wage. There was no difficulty to get in. It was actually surprising that they are a minimum requirement facility because they hire as fast as they terminate and people leave because it is a difficult job that is rarely rewarding. (When management changes stats knowing there is a network being rebuilt and many things that the agent can not control. Be prepared to handle difficult people and situations. I feel like if they focused on hiring people that would stay for a longer period of time (all production is tempory when you have a career goal) instead of leave because of causing it to be unsatisfying for their employees or because of misguided information or lack there of then they would have a stronger facility.

Old ways worked the best this is why you have to keep restructuring every couple months. If we are going to be effective, we have to be consistent. Training needs to be shorter, more condensed and advanced . Experience is everything. The quicker you train the new hires, as long as it efficient, the faster they can get hands on experience and assistance.

Good Company

I have been working at ACS International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good company to work for, good work environment

Cons

No major drawbacks in specific

No comments

It is a good work experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at ACS International

Pros

It provides good pay. Good benefits and nice people.

Cons

The hours and the time off.

Learn the basics of the job.

Immediate supervisors great;poor compensation,no career path,rampant senior exec cronyism

I have been working at ACS International

Pros

Gain experience for your next job. Immediate supervisors and co-workers will be nice, competent people. Compensation offered will pay some bills. Occasional promotions available.

Cons

All supervisors have to take furlough weeks, and there haven't been raises/cost of living increases in years. Initial salary offers are low. Most business units have hiring freezes, so career paths aren't clear or available in many instances. Ongoing layoffs. Constant workload increases have demoralized and physically exhausted staff at all levels but the most senior management.

Do more to retain key staff. Institutional memory loss due to management/staff leaving has eviscerated business units that were solid revenue sources.

Not a great place to work

Former Employee - Vice President
    Former Employee - Vice President

I worked at ACS International

Pros

High Pay. Health benefits were competent when compared to others in the industry. Retirement benefits were weak. The key factor in working for ACS is to come in with a contract.

Cons

Poor working conditions. Very little opportunity for growth or advancing your knowledge regarding industry and technical issues. Very much a "good old boys club".

The company needs to focus on getting a more informed and engaged work force. ACS makes it very difficult to accomplish goals.

Good place to work however not recognized by senior management.

Current Employee - Project Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at ACS International

Pros

Flexibility to work from home and ability to grow laterally with the company. I also like the changes which are starting to be made with the acquisition.

Cons

The management seems to be geared towards making profitability at the expense of employees and to retain the best talent is not important.

Make sure to recognize your workers by giving yearly salary increase or by other recognition methods such as bonus or merit awards.