ACT-1

Add Photos

Janice Bryant Howroyd

Avoid at all costs.

Recruiting Manager (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsNone that I can think of.

ConsJust about everything. Horrid pay, no vacations, terrible leadership, terrible culture, nepotism, do yourself a favor-if anyone calls you from this place-hang up.

Advice to Senior ManagementBoard up the windows and shut the place down. The minute you hired your "buddies" for senior leadership roles, instead of experienced professionals, you doomed this whole place.

AVOID IT!!

Recruiting Manager (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsFounders are cool, nothing else.

ConsInexperienced management, ego stroking, no room for growth, high stress environment, zero rewards, brown nosing is commensurate with expertise/experience, and nepotism (and A LOT of it).

Advice to Senior ManagementBoard up the windows and shut it down. If you're not willing to invest in your employees, they won't invest in you.

Benefit, what benefit? Oh, yeah..sorry, you don't get that now, and I forgot to tell you, your salary isn't what's told!

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsThey are good at following up with the consultants when it comes to getting you on the wheel running, I got assigned to the one in Kirkland/Bellevue, WA. I like that they do follow up with you, if in case you forgot to turn in your time sheet! Kudos on that.

ConsMy head line pretty much sums it up! They really DID cheated me on my pay, I was able to check my actual salary request from my current assignment...BOY, it was almost like 20% pay cut. While another guy who got hired same time, same position gotten more, probably from my portion of the cut, and he doesn't do JACK for the team!

Advice to Senior ManagementYou guys need to quit lying and threatening the consultants of losing opportunities, and cheating on the consultants' salaries, that's just a real sloppy job! Now I realize, ACT-1 gotten more negative results versus positive. Way to go ACT 1 cheater!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Better Temp agency than any other I have utilized.

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsThe branch that I worked with has a higher volume of jobs and a higher rate of pay than any of the Temp agencies I used when I was a college student and just post-grad. They have a lot of assignments and a wider breadth of opportunities in higher quality offices than any other Temp agency I've heard of. They do a good deal of Direct Hire jobs, as well as a lot of Temp-to-Hire positions and I would say that a good deal of people get full-time permanent employment from them. They have a lot of major clients, with a very high volume of jobs to fill.

ConsIt is a Temp agency after all. Which is never an ideal situation, but if you are doing a widespread job hunt, it is good to include all avenues including Temp agencies.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Don't accrue vacation, make you "borrow" from next year's vacation, give you lot of grief about it, too.

ProsPart-time agency, corporate style... Oh, wait - it's a con!

ConsYou will be heavily recruited, but then once you are hired, you will not hear from anyone. Maybe get to partake in cheap lunch they bring once a year. Beware: they do not accrue vacation - it is "awarded" at the end of each year. This way they "lock you in" and discourage you from moving to a different agency, unless you do it right after your anniversary date. They will make you "borrow" from your next year's award (although it should be accrued), but then will deduct whatever you've taken from your last paycheck if you decide to leave them.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to stop penny pinching and start actually caring about the workforce that you hire.

Well-intended chaos

Staffing Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGood team environment, most of the time. The Branch Manager is very nice and very professional

ConsConstant changes in priorities, held accountable to impossible metrics that the managers themselves can't meet. Constant adminstrative reporting to track numbers make it impossible to get the truly important work done. Catty, petty behavior permitted, even engaged in by senior-level people.

Advice to Senior ManagementInsist that all management act professionally and don't engage in office favoritism. Figure out a way to keep Corporate happy and keep the heavy report burden off the backs of your producers

Overall time well-spent

ProsPlenty of nice, caring, and hard working people at this company. With some exceptions, many of the C levels are approachable and open to ideas on how to improve services to customers and the companies as a whole. Not overly competitive internally (I've seen much worse.). Relaxed atmosphere, except when there are customer emergencies. Learned a great deal about business and human relations/customer service while here.

ConsSome necessary internal changes could come sooner. Your supervisor will determine how well you fair, your team's dynamic, and possibly your level of happiness. If you are lucky to have one who is good to you/advocates for you, competent at what he or she does and be willing to train you, be thankful. Compensation and benefits could be better for some, while some people are paid well for their title, duties, and if they are not in "line jobs."

Advice to Senior ManagementReview job titles, duties, and compensation & benefits more often. Listen to people from the ground up more often because there are good ideas waiting to be heard. Engage in greater morale building and acknowledge contributions more frequently.

Come to work, do my job, leave.

Recruiter Coordinator (Current Employee) Redmond, WA

ProsNo politics.
    No drama.
    To the point.

ConsNot the greatest benefit/pay.
    Not much communication besides turning in your hours at the end of the week.
    Not much support felt.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn more about your employees and who they are as people and where they want to take their careers.

good place to learn

Sales (Former Employee)

Prosthe management here is pretty good and they are large and well recognized. pay is decent and that working atmosphere is fun

Consdepending on economical conditions brininging in new acounts can be very challenging, especially ones with fillable orders. hard to make commission fast

Advice to Senior Managementmanagement here is pretty good but it would have been nice if there was more direct interaction from th ceos, especially and at least in the offices close to where they reside in california

A growing, Knowledge, Expanding and life Changing for what we do everyday !

Staffing Manager (Current Employee) Bakersfield, CA

ProsGreat leadership, Inspiration daily, never ending opportunity, Career Growth abounding! Constantly in a positive work environment that in infectious to all around there ! Cant say enough of how much I truly am privileged to work there everyday !!! Where else can you work that you can help individuals dreams come true one at a time !! Anyone that has an oppurtunity will leave blessed if you ever leave at all !!!

ConsHard work...so come ready !!!!

Worked for ACT-1? Contribute to the Community!