ADC Telecommunications
www.adc.com Eden Prairie, MN 5000+ Employees

ADC Telecommunications Reviews

Updated Apr 16, 2014
ADC Telecommunications – Bangalore – “ADC Telecommunication & Infotech pvt ltd”

ADC Telecommunications President, CEO, and Director Bob Switz

Bob Switz

Ok place to work, but no place to have a career

Product Manager (Former Employee)
Shakopee, MN

I worked at ADC Telecommunications

ProsGood benifits and good people. Job was interesting for a while. Healthcare was great and the PTO policy/amount is better than i HAVE SEEN ANYWHERE

ConsNo career development or real opportunity for advancement. It just was not in the culture there to try to move people around or upwards. The pay is below average- this is a stated policy to pay below the median range of camparable companies/positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere really needs to be some attention paid to people development. The opportunity to grow in ones career is severely lacking.

When a product manager managed products...

Product Manager (Current Employee)
Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at ADC Telecommunications

ProsADC is very liberal & generous in vacation, working remotely, traveling to customers or facilities. BlackBerries provided & service. Health plan covers your children to age 25 & they do not have to be in college. The salaries are pretty good too.

ConsADC will change your job or position whether you welcome it or not. One day you can be a business leader in product management, the next day your new position is Commodity Manager. Nevermind if YOU never intended to take that career path. Some don't take this too well.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe've come a long way in a short period of time. You, our leaders are trying with heart & soul IMO. Whether I agree or not with the new polcies, I stand behind the decisions & support them. We must move forward as a company & we will be stronger, leaner & fit to fight.

ADC is just OK

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Shakopee, MN

I worked at ADC Telecommunications

ProsADC has great people, casual work environment and cool technology. Office environment is very ergonomically friendly. ADC provides great benefits in terms of vacation/medical.

ConsADC is very conservative and changes happen very slowly. This has improved in recent years but is still a hindrance. The company is too focused on manufacturing/operations and not enough on sales/marketing. Also the company has poor branding.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop processes that enable quicker decisions. Senior management needs to focus more on sales/marketing instead of manufacturing/operations. The company needs a branding makeover.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

ADC is a great place to work.

Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at ADC Telecommunications

ProsADC has a high degree of integrity in how it treats employees and customers. Executives are very concious of the corporate values as they make decisions that impact the organization.

Although ADC is a relatively larger firm, the atmosphere has a smaller company feel. Employees are friendly and eager to help those who ask for it.

ConsADC is in a very dynamic industry which requires periodic organizational change either through acquisitions, alignment of work to our customers needs, or simply organizing work to be more efficient. You must be able to embrace change and thrive in it. There are other "pocketed" issues the company deals with but no more than anywhere else.

Advice to Senior Management.

Great work/life balance, not so great career growth.

Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at ADC Telecommunications

ProsADC's benefits and compensation are at least at market rates, if not above. The company does an excellent job of promoting and work and life balance for its employees. I have never had a problem in getting the time off I need approved. The corporate facilities are also very nice and are in a nice location, close to plenty of restaurants and shopping.

ConsCareer growth is either meteoric or non-existant. If you don't find a way to distinguish yourself, you could find yourself doing the same menial tasks month after month for years. If you get on the growth track, the rise can be quick and powerful. Additionally, communication is horrendous. Senior leadership does a pretty decent job when they try, but middle managers and supervisors really struggle in this regard.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate better.

Outsource, outsource, outsource!

Director Engineering (Former Employee)
Minneapolis, MN

I worked at ADC Telecommunications

ProsGreat people in operations and engineering.

ConsSlow growth, management is not very competent, not many opportunities for professional growth. Watch out, your job will more than likely get shipped to China.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop focusing on costs and focus on customer satisfaction and quality of product and services.

Great general counsel to work with

Legal Advisor (Current Employee)
Bangalore (India)

I have been working at ADC Telecommunications as a contractor for more than 3 years

ProsInteraction was with the lawyer in ADC. Excellent partner, I went out of my way to work with them in view of the fact that they appreciated my legal servcies

ConsNone I can think of.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep good guys like your previous in-house legal counsel!!

Rewording, challenge and truly people oriented company

Engineering (Current Employee)
Juárez, México (Mexico)

I have been working at ADC Telecommunications full-time for more than 10 years

ProsManagement integrity and work ethics

Consnone, company provided personnel development opportunities

Advice to Senior Managementnone

it was gud

Electrical Engineer (Current Employee)
Pune (India)

I have been working at ADC Telecommunications part-time for less than a year

ProsIt is a good telecommunication company.you must have knee interest to works with this company

Consno.good campus.no accomodation fascility.rude working people

Advice to Senior Managementno

It was a good

Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee)
Bangalore (India)

I worked at ADC Telecommunications full-time for more than a year

Prosgood work environment, friendly people, timely hike, job safety no work load

Consweek management, too much control over managers

Worked for ADC Telecommunications? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ADC Telecommunications reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ADC Telecommunications CEO Bob Switz. All 34 reviews posted anonymously by ADC Telecommunications employees.