ADESA Reviews

ADESA President & CEO Stephane St-Hilaire
Stephane St-Hilaire

Great company

I worked at ADESA full-time

Pros

Flexible working hours with Good benefits

Cons

Lack of direction at times

Really spend time learning about employee engagement

Not a good company to work for

Former Employee - Employee  in  Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - Employee in Mesa, AZ

I worked at ADESA full-time for more than a year

Pros

They are cheep and only give bonuses to senior management.

Cons

Upper management does not get to know the people that work there.

Pay attention to the opinions of all the employees and managers not just a select few. Drop the charlies angels drama. Trust me none of you look like them.

Good experience, and fair pay for entry level

Current Employee - Market Research Analyst  in  Carmel, IN
    Current Employee - Market Research Analyst in Carmel, IN

I have been working at ADESA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fair pay. Department was well managed. Was well trained before I started projects. Management encouraged new ideas and ways to present projects.

Cons

As an entry level postion they expected work that most companies would only want more senior people handling.

Need to grow the Analytical department. Slightly understaffed

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good job for this hard economy

Former Employee - Security  in  Yaphank, NY
    Former Employee - Security in Yaphank, NY

I worked at ADESA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits,paid uniforms,nice coworkers,flexible with schedule, see a lot of interesting cars

Cons

Low pay , high turnover ratio, no raises , advancements not possible

Be more competive with salary by experience. Need to recognize good quality employees

Past Employee

Current Employee - Online Inventory Manager  in  Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Online Inventory Manager in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at ADESA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay and staff are worth coming in for, but that is really it....

Cons

Corporate idealism and lack of practicality

Listen to the people on the floor, they are your best asset.

Great company to work for

I have been working at ADESA full-time

Pros

The company has seen steady growth over the last decade despite the recession that hit the auto industry.

Cons

Lack of diversity. Not really people oriented

Fun Atomosphere

Former Employee - Ebusiness Manager  in  Grimes, IA
    Former Employee - Ebusiness Manager in Grimes, IA

I worked at ADESA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Love the interaction with the Auto Dealers, job isn't redundant

Cons

can't work 40 hours a week, pay is weak

General Manager was a complete failure

Former Employee - E-business Coordinator  in  Harrisburg, PA
    Former Employee - E-business Coordinator in Harrisburg, PA

I worked at ADESA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great benefits, mostly nice people to work with except the bitter old women in the office

Cons

cooperate is running the place into the ground, cannot compete with Manheim or other auctions, DRAMA in the office is like high school

get it together.

Probably a good place to work, unless you're in IT

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Carmel, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

I worked at ADESA full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Flexibility in schedule, family-first attitude, a lot of ancillary benefits such as wireless discounts and other local discounts that you wouldn't find at other companies.

Cons

Senior management thought it would be a good idea to split IT into two divisions, but the problem is that now it has bred an "us vs. them" mentality. Both have their own budgets, so they won't dedicate resources or money to projects unless the other is paying, which results in repeated stalemates and arguments in front of internal customers. In addition, one of the IT divisions was directly under the authority of the CFO, who gave raises to his own division but undercut the other IT division. In retaliation, the other IT division allowed their people flexible hours, work from home days and relaxed dress code. Since both divisions are on the same floor, it has generated a lot of heat for years between the two departments. Also, because no one else in the building has these perks either, it has led to lots of confusion over the years as to who is working where and why are they allowed to wear jeans and I'm not and it's just an overall mess. Money and technology are always issues. They don't pay competitively, and several top IT talents walked out the door in 2013 because of money and because they are using a platform that is nearly 20 years old. They can't find local developers who want to learn to code on a 20-year-old platform, and nobody wants to stick around and get stuck behind the industry. In my particular department, there were a trio of managers that ran off at least a dozen employees this year. I'm not sure how these three continue to have a job.

Combine the IT divisions. Most of the internal customers don't understand that there are two divisions anyway. It looks like we are fractured down the middle. Pay people what the industry is paying. Upgrade your technology. Stop being the "good old boys" club and open opportunities for advancement. Most promotions in IT depend on who you know and who you're friends with, and then you get the inside track on the position and get hired before it's even posted.

nothing i've ever seen like it

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  Carmel, IN
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Carmel, IN

I worked at ADESA full-time for less than a year

Pros

work life balance is about the only thing they seem to have figured out.

Cons

Review limited to Carmel (corporate). Overly formal for no reason. Found "management" to be largely under qualified ladder climbers with zero to none experience of leading or managing people. True Leadership and the concept of servant leadership is unknown concept to this organization. It's a top down management so I look good at your expense style of management, in what I would consider to be a very un-comtemporary and unsophisticated IT shop. I ran into many people who were looking to get out of the IT organization complaining of "micromanagement" which I would agree with 100%. Worst micromanagement I saw since I was new to IT in the early 1990s. No one accepts responsibility for a mistake out of fear they will be released for the tiniest little things. I saw it happen with my own eyes so it is a real fear. Fear based leadership. People with 5 years experience in were considered Sr. and put into leadership roles leading people far more capable than themselves. It would be hysterical if it wasn't real. Saw every amateur management mistake made literally on a daily basis. I personally didn't see any process for anything, it was all fly by the seat of your pants and react to the latest event rather than be proactive. Numerous times I brought issue to my boss and he ignored my input or concern. All he cared about was how he looked. Without question the worst place I've ever worked.

Be willing to spend some money and get some real leaders in the IT ranks especially Program Management in infrastructure. Control freaks and micro managers are not leaders by the way.

Worked for ADESA? Contribute to the Community!