ADM

Be The First To
Add Photos

ADM Chairman, President, and CEO Pat Woertz

Pat Woertz

Pros
  • Work life balance is resonable for level of responsibility -(in 7 reviews)

• The people are great to work with very few exceptions(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Get you to accept salary position, then work you long hours(in 9 reviews)

• Work / life balance depends on your position(in 5 reviews)

Good experience and lots of opportunities.

Staff Accountant (Current Employee) Decatur, IL

ProsThe people are great and management (at least mine) really cared about their employee's job satisfaction and career development.

ConsADM really puts an emphasis on safety yet on the day of the biggest snow storm, we still had to come in. Many people commute around 40 miles on country roads… So much for safety.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer more jobs in Chicago after global headquarters is established.

Good career choice.

Electrical Technician (Current Employee) Waggaman, LA

ProsTHere is not one pay scale for all trades. Trades that require a higher level of technical knowledge (Mechanics and electricians for example) are rewarded for having more advanced skills. Good benefits package.

ConsAttendance policy is too rigid. No exceptions are made. An absence is an absence, even medical appointments.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow for excused absences for doctors appointments. Having to use up vacation time for doctors appointments likely decreases the productivity benefit of paid vacation.

Great company to work for

Production Supervisor (Current Employee) Paducah, KY

ProsWilling to train employees on job safety, upper management friendly and willing to help

ConsLong hours in the fall harvest

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Production Engineer

Production Engineer (Current Employee) Decatur, IL

ProsHealth care, vision, dental insurance for very competitive prices. Human resources was very easy to work with.

ConsNot an eight to five company. Have to come in when what you are in charge of breaks. Have to work shift early in career.

An overall good company but is behind in technology.

ProsGood benefits, always very busy.

ConsMiddle management is out of touch with local units, doesn't seem to care about anything but making profit. Technology is behind in times. You can never complete a job, you always behind.

Lacking development and subsequent advancement opportunities.

Quality Control Superintendent (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsPay and benefits are resonable. Work life balance is resonable for level of responsibility - ~50hrs week.

ConsGood old boy club at the plant level. Complete lack of development/advancement opportunites for professional employees, especially women and minorities. Benefits such as retirement, medical retirement, vacation and PIP slashed for employees with less than 10 years of service.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest and develop in your technical personnel. These people are your future and they want to take on more challenges. Moreover, they have the education and skills to suceed. If you don't invest in them they will take their talents to another company that will invest in them.

My experience at this company was wonderful.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe pay was very good for the work.

ConsThe work hours were unsteady at times

Great work with as much responsibility as you can handle as far as engineering is concerned.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company has come a long way to develop an excellent safety culture. The people are great to work with very few exceptions. The engineering work was challenging and rewarding.

ConsToo many occasions, there were insufficient time allowed for proper scope development because of the push to get a project started and finished. It usually caused a lot of change orders and/or cost overruns.

Advice to Senior ManagementToo much lag time between project expenditures and data processing to adequately track CPI and/or earned value management. Need better communications between corporate and plant management when corporate makes decisions about project scope changes. (very costly)

If you are in a service organization (e.g. HR, IT) the culture is very draconian and subversive.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Decatur, IL

ProsIt's a good place to get a lot of experience and then move on.

ConsThere's a "home grown" clique that is very self-serving.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer early retirement in an attempt to bring in new personnel and prevent the "home grown" element from using the opportunity to strengthen their ranks.

Not the old ADM

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLots of opportunities if you're young and male

ConsVery disloyal to employees, treats employees terribly

Worked for ADM? Contribute to the Community!