ADP

3.5
1,978 Reviews

ADP CEO Carlos A. Rodriguez
Carlos A. Rodriguez

Pros
  • ADP is a solid organization Work/Life balance - getting to work from home (in 155 reviews)

• You're able to work from home remotely in case of something like bad weather or illness (in 58 reviews)

Cons
  • What your work/life balance looks like depends on the position held within the company (in 50 reviews)

• Upper Management is lacking, need to bridge the gap from Management to employees (in 42 reviews)

More Highlights

51 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Educational

Current Employee - Client Service Analyst in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Client Service Analyst in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at ADP full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

ADP has an outstanding benefits package. Training is available to any who want it. I am currently making use of the tuition reimbursement program and management has been exceedingly accommodating. I've learned a lot about myself as an employee.

Cons

ADP seems to have the practice of squeezing water from a stone. That is, ADP will work people to the bone and beyond before they even think of filling a position on a team. The trend towards smart-shoring (hiring associates from areas in the US with a lower cost of living) and off-shoring (hiring associates in India and the Philippines, or moving certain functions over there) does not make operations as efficient.

Invest in product development. Avoid the "shiny new toys" on the market. Excel at what you do. Also, invest in employees. Listen to them the first time, and not when you're in a pickle.

Undergoing significant changes

Current Employee - Vice President in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at ADP full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits, good growth opportunities for early and mid stage careers, improving commitment to new technology investments, strong sales and service cultures, have recently sold off non core assets to increase focus.

Cons

Significant senior management change underway, talk of employee engagement and client focus can be lip service, vast matrix with disconnected corporate staff often at the top, inability to coordinate resources and prioritize, intense cost cutting pressure creating significant strain on client-facing roles.

Senior management needs to reconnect with clients and front line associates. Go live a week in their shoes.

Soon 2 Be...Former Employee and EXCITED! - Resource

Current Employee - Payroll Service Representative in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Payroll Service Representative in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at ADP

Pros

It's a steady PAY CHECK...anything else? Ummmm no!

Cons

Where should I began? So this is SPECIFICALLY for Resource::: No flexibilty, business model doesn't make sense (how can you want assigned representatives and be a call center at the same time?) - that doesn't make sense. Rules are constantly changing - no real standard because it's "flexible" depending on the person. But hey numbers speak for themselves, more people have quit in the last year than my entire time there. What's the turnover now? Like almost 35-40% LOL. Retention for your employees isn't looking too good...STAY AWARE FROM THAT BUSINESS UNIT!

You seriously need to value your employees more. Stop playing like you are not aware and figure out a plan!

Great place to learn and grow can't stay forever

Former Employee - Senior Connection Support Spec in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Connection Support Spec in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at ADP full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

This is a great place to learn and grow.

Cons

No work life balance, especially due to working in HR & Benefits. Open Enrollment is holiday season and we cannot take time off to spend with family

Too Many Chiefs & No Indians

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at ADP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Stable company. Recognized brand.

Cons

Labor camp for those who are hired as contractors. Making 21.15 an hour as a start. Stay in that position for a year before becoming permanent. Nothing changes however. After becoming a permanent associate, you have to wait another year before qualifying for a merit increase. Cannot leave your PSR position for 18 months. Chances of advancement not only limited but virtually impossible for quite some time. Flawed distribution of the clients. Average PSR has 100-plus clients, Employees are leaving all the time and new contractors are being brought in. It's almost like a factory-like atmosphere. No management support on anything. Inadequate tools, no solid training and too much red-tap mentality. It seems there are way too many managers virtually doing nothing while average employees are lost and dishearten. Benefit are expensive from healthcare standpoint. Those who are saying that benefits are great are either lying or don't care... For an average PSR making $21.15 with a family has to pay $750 a month to have medical, dental and vision coverage. Now, that is brutal and to say that ADP takes care of his employees is nothing but a sham.

Make managers accountable for what they do or don't do. No one has the courage to tell what it is. Town Hall meetings are held to portray a picture of ADP what it's not.

Middle of the Road

Current Employee - Client Manager in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Client Manager in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at ADP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Co-workers, brand on your resume, work life balance

Cons

Pay is below market, benefits high, management, promotions are based on favoritism, lack of communication

Try harder to retain talent and evaluate based on performance versus client retention

Big Company Small Thinking

Former Employee - FSA Specialiist in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - FSA Specialiist in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at ADP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They have good benefits and I see that they are really trying with the work-life balance idea and job share idea

Cons

Management doesn't really live by the core values. Most of the management is simply clueless which is a shame because this really is an awesome place to work. It's almost as if there is a "hood" "ghetto" ADP and then there is the REAL ADP that is just one bldg. over in the main bldg....COBRA/FSA Solutions was a dysfunctional nightmare with poor leadership.

Conduct "stay interviews" with current employees to get the real deal on what is going on

ADP 2014 Summer Internship

Current Employee - App Tier Administration in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - App Tier Administration in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at ADP as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The company has a great and diverse atmosphere. Despite my title as an "Intern", I was treated with the same level of respect that an employee with tenure is given. My supervisor was very approachable and and I was often given meaning work which made my experience a great practical learning experience. They also had many "Talk with a Leader" sessions which had the company's higher ups talk about their past experiences and giving advice on anything from life to navigating Corporate America.

Cons

As with any large global companies, your team is split between various locations which means you have to have phone/web meetings to accommodate for the various timezones. The meetings really get tiring after a while.

Great Company

Current Employee - OIC in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - OIC in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at ADP full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Strong financial position. Flexible work environment. ADP stresses work / life balance. The Manager I worked for was top notch.

Cons

Long hours at times. Some of the tasks required are not allotted enough hours to complete.

Innovative collaboration with diverse leaders in a financially stable global Fortune 500 corporation

Current Employee - Senior Director in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at ADP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

ADP has many leaders with diverse backgrounds and experience that are always willing to integrate new solutions into the overall strategy. There is a lot of career growth internally in tech, sales, service, and HR. You have the ability to get to know and learn from leadership online and offline. In some roles, you can work from home.

Cons

If you are not ethical and live the company's values, you will not last long at ADP. It is important to have the ability to build relationships that drive results. We are starting to build the infrastructure to truly be "One ADP" on a global scales vs. being U.S. centric.

Continue to be proactive with teams and sharing our strategy on a global scale - the town halls and internal communication channels are very valuable.