ADP Reviews

1. Sr Implementation Specialist

Current Employee - Major Accounts District Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Major Accounts District Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at ADP

Pros

Great insuance benefits and easy to use.

Cons

This company way behind on the homeshore train. They like to outsorce "offshore" intead which is too bad.

Advice to Management

Six sigma training needed.

ADP Response

Apr 23, 2015Project Specialist: Branding, Marketing, & Social Media Talent Acquisition

We recently were voted one of the best companies for remote jobs (homeshore) by Flexjobs. Apologies if your position was not offered that option. Nevertheless, thank you for the honest and clear ... More

2. Good, solid company.

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Elk Grove Village, IL
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Elk Grove Village, IL

I have been working at ADP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have a position where I am home based. This is a huge plus for me. Benefits are okay and the pay is good for what I do.
    People work hard and they want to do a good job. It's a solid company and its nice to know its a global company for transfer opportunities and growth.

Cons

Training is lacking and change is constant. I don't mind change at all, but when its change that we haven't been properly trained on and we in turn have to train our clients on. We look bad, which makes the company look bad. It feels like we are constantly being set up for failure. I have wanted to leave the company countless times because of this frustration, but end up staying for the pay. Work life balance can be challenging at times (early mornings, weekends, etc as client work demands).

Advice to Management

Slow down on delivering all the "fluff" to employees. And ramp up on giving us worker bees proper training so we can feel good about the job we are doing.

3. Mid-level manager

Current Employee - Implementation in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Implementation in Chicago, IL

I have been working at ADP

Pros

Very flexible about work from home. The organization is very stable and continues to bring in new clients.

Cons

Way more work than people to accomplish it. Constant change in roles, organization and procedures that makes it impossible for people to do their jobs properly.

Acquisition layoff

Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at ADP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company I worked for was acquired by ADP. They laid me off almost immediately. This is a pro because I dislike working for large companies and I got a good severance

Cons

For the brief time I worked for ADP, I found the senior management I interfaced with to be lie in your face type of people. They seemed to enjoy the secretiveness of the lay off process and promises were made that were never intended to be kept. There was some playing with minds that occurred. I didn't much care so it didn't faze me but some of my co-workers were very upset. The ADP pay is really poor btw.

Advice to Management

I don't want to waste my good ideas giving advice to people who probably aren't interested in receiving feedback from an anonymous source.

Lies, lies, lies

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at ADP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Peers, benefit plan, experience gained, learning opportunities

Cons

compensation plan, misogynistic management, outdated sales strategies

Advice to Management

There is no place for the F-word in the workplace, don't forget you're in a leadership position managing sales professionals, not 18-year old football players. Stop getting in the way...your reps feel like they are managing you. Rather than barking orders and harping on the past, look forward, motivate, stay positive, be strategic and patient and invest your time in developing your employees, or at least just providing support and being a good resource. Poor management is the reason there is so much turnover. It reflects poorly on yourself, your region, your company.

7. Tons of opportunity

Current Employee - Division Vice President in North Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Division Vice President in North Chicago, IL

I have been working at ADP

Pros

ADP has a broad solution set that has stood the test of time. Most importantly, ADP has shifted to becoming a real innovator for the future. If you're dedicated and work hard you can do very well financially and have unlimited career opportunities. Training and development is unmatched.

Cons

ADP is a large company that has grown from acquisition and organic growth. Consolidation of platforms and simplification continue to be challenges that ADP invests heavily in. ADP has been challenged to keep up with the rapid change of the HCM industry with many disrupters.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on innovation and simplification. These are not only critical to stay relevant but are needed to keep ADP as a long term career choice.

8. Great potential, hugely disappointing results

Former Employee - Traditional Representative in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Traditional Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at ADP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fair base salary, decent benefits. Youthful company but a lot of turnover. You are told you can make your own schedule but due needy clients and management that rarely happens. Sorry I couldn't get to the Cons fast enough.

Cons

Horrible vacation days, sales expectations are unreachable. Too many reps fighting for same business. Management has horrible communication skills. Rather bash my head against the wall then talk to my manager and it would probably be more productive if I did that then talk to them.

Advice to Management

Go back to college and take some communications courses.

Treat their employees like a number and are bust shipping jobs overseas. They are getting greedy with their money!

Former Employee - HCM Consultant in Elk Grove Village, IL
    Former Employee - HCM Consultant in Elk Grove Village, IL

I worked at ADP (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great training, learn a lot. Co-workers are great and work well together. A lot of opportunity to move up and advance in your career.

Cons

Management and upper management really only care about who's above then. ADP treats everyone like a number and it doesn't matter how long you have been there. They are busy sending all jobs overseas little by little. They use India and now are using the Philippians as they speak better English. They over work you as they want to get their money’s worth out of you until they can ship that department overseas too! If you work here be prepared to work 18/7 and kiss your family life away. When you see your co-workers crying and or stressing out it's said. A lot of people are leaving now and or on LOA because of the stress. ADP is an unhealthy company to work for!!!!

Advice to Management

Good luck! Unless your spinless and always agree with upper management and don't mind being brain washed.

10. Neutral ...

Former Employee - Small Business Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Small Business Specialist in Chicago, IL

I worked at ADP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Support system among the region was great.

Cons

career growth is limited.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees a tad bit more

Great place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove Village, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove Village, IL

I worked at ADP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Thorough training, pay, support, flexibility, the ability to work from home.

Cons

Depending on your department, you may not be able to work from home.