ADP

3.4 1,642 reviews

ADP CEO Carlos A. Rodriguez

Carlos A. Rodriguez

1,642 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "I was lucky to have great managers who valued a work-life balance"
    in 107 reviews
  • "You're able to work from home remotely in case of something like bad weather or illness"
    in 35 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work/life balance is compromised due to unrealistic workloads"
    in 29 reviews
  • "Upper management wants massive productivity in areas they no longer understand"
    in 34 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Stable, conservative

Project Manager (Former Employee)
    Salt Lake City, UT

ProsThe company is large enough to offer a reasonable amount of job security. The organization uses an impressive talent management and learning program and supports community involvement.

ConsCan be corporate and impersonal. Often seen by associates as fragmented due to its size. Upward mobility is low for professional level associates. Benefit premiums are moderately high considering the industry it serves.

Advice to Senior ManagementOrganization-wide announcements could stand to be less frequent, verbose and jargon-prone to increase employee interest and trust.

Great job if you don't have a life outside of work.

Payroll Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsPay is decent, office is clean and you are provided with all the tools needed for the job, benefits start upon hire. I enjoy how close I've gotten with my co workers, your team becomes like a family.

ConsOkay so I've got a lot of problems with ADP. First of all the management is ridiculous, it's so political you seriously have to be in your management's clique in order to be treated like a human being. They micromanage EVERY little thing you do. I'm talking timing breaks, checking your browsing history, and treating you like you are a 5 year old child. I've complained to directors and HR about the management and have gotten no where. The company hires you on and throws a thousand training classes at you for onboarding with a near impossible deadline to actually retain information, then expect you to just be perfect and figure it out. God forbid you make a mistake because let me tell you it will go all the way up to senior management and end with your job being threatened in a 1 on 1 meeting. The schedule is ludicrous you never know how long you will be at work, It could be 8 hours, it could be 16. I have stayed the night in the office before because by the time we were done it was 4 in the morning and needed to start work again at 6am. If you have animals, or children you can bet they won't see you anymore. Everything is about stats and client surveys, when the client isn't happy instead of talking to employees and finding out why things aren't working and why we aren't productive they just shame you for not being up to standards and ride you until you finally do what they want. You sign your life away to this company and they could give a rats behind whether you succeed or quit. I was promised complete support in being promoted and promised to be allowed the time to take necessary classes and tests to get to that point. Everytime I have applied to take my FPC exam and paid the 400 dollars to enroll, time comes for me to leave my desk at 4pm for the study group and I'm told no because there is work to be done. I feel like I'm walking on egg shells all day long, you never know who you are going to make mad next. I have NEVER in my life seen so many adults crying on the job! I mean people literally are so stressed out they sit at their desks and cry like babies. How is that okay?! If you like to be treated like garbage, overworked, threatened, and micromanaged for a somewhat decent salary of 40-70k a year then this is the place for you!

Advice to Senior ManagementWe are humans people, please understand we have children at home waiting for us. We have dogs that haven't gone to the bathroom since 6am. Everyone tries so hard to make things run smoothly and we receive to gratitude what so ever. management NEEDS to be figured out with this company.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

ADP - MAS

Major Accounts District Manager (Former Employee)
    Coraopolis, PA

ProsVery good base pay of $35,000, plus commission.

ConsThey over hired at one point...then they slowly tried to get rid of people since the overflow did not leave. If people did not find other employment on their own, ADP either terminated them, or offered people mutual separation packages.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive reps more than 5 weeks in a territory or handling a specific client group before transferring them to work another territory. Absolutely not enough time to build relationships with new clients.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fall from greatness

Major Accounts District Manager (Former Employee)

ProsBest sales training, period. Good benefits (used to be great) and great earning potential if you can overcome service and product shortfalls and don't fall victim to arbitrary quota and territory changes.

Consfor many years, this was a great place to have a career. However under funded service and implementations on products rolled out too soon killed market credibility and removed the passion and belief for those with a conscience that were trying to sell it.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou wanted to change the face of the sales force to lower your cost of acquisition rather than invest in satisfying clients and increasing demand. Congrats- you succeeded!

Great place to learn and grow your career

Director (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsUpward mobility if you have the ability to influence others. Great learning experience for new college business grads.

ConsLeadership tends to be reactive. Inconsistent evaluation of talent.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore focus on identifying future leaders and be more proactive.

Project Manager

Project Manager II (Current Employee)
    Newtown, PA

ProsWork from home, stable employer.

ConsPoor work-life balance, growth opportunities are non-existent (the best way to get more pay and get ahead is to leave and then come back in). Annual bonus is awarded based on division and individual performance - don't expect much.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe recent push and removal of "middle-management" was poorly orchestrated and has decreased morale and increased the turnover. Two months ago I would have recommended ADP, now I would not.

Great learning experience but no room to grow.

Inside Sales Manager (Former Employee)
    Allentown, PA

ProsI worked in the telesales division. ADP overall is a great company to work for. They offer fantastic benefits, 401k match, and they are stable company.

ConsBeing in the telesales division was frustrating because there was not much room for growth. My goal was to move out of sales and because I was not at 100% to quota they would not allow or recommend me to move. My strengths were in other areas and management would not support and/or recognize that so I had to make the choice and move on.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize the strengths in your employees and if they express an interest in growing within the company but its not sales, support them and career path so you do not lose so many employees.

Great first job out of college

Insurance Account Executive (Current Employee)
    Pittsburgh, PA

ProsIf you put in the time, you will be rewarded. Monthly bonus program is awesome.

ConsManagement keeps everyone in the dark a lot of the time and choose certain people that they like to succeed.

Advice to Senior Managementgive a higher base pay.

Great company to work for.

Client Learning Specialist III (Former Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

ProsEmployees are long-tenured experts in outsourcing Payroll, HRIS and Time and Attendance.

ConsNot enough time spent on employee focus.

Great Company-Poor employee relation

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood benefits, Great Opportunities for advancement

ConsLarge company with no personal attention to employee. "Just a number"!

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper Management should be aware of ALL vases of business, not just the bottom line for their year end bonus. ALL Employees are important factor in the success of ADP, Upper management may make the rules, but the employee leaves the impression with Client, that can make or break keeping their business.

Worked for ADP? Contribute to the Community!

ADP Videos

ADP – Why Work for Us?

Automatic Data Processing, Inc. (Nasdaq: ADP), with about $11 billion in revenues and about 620,000 clients, is one of the world's largest providers of business outsourcing solutions. Leveraging over 60 years of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ADP reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ADP CEO Carlos A. Rodriguez . All 1,642 reviews posted anonymously by ADP employees.