ADP

Updated Jul 22, 2014

3.5 1,676 reviews

ADP CEO Carlos A. Rodriguez

Carlos A. Rodriguez

Pros
  • Decent work-life balance unless you want to move into higher management(in 114 reviews)

• You're able to work from home remotely in case of something like bad weather or illness(in 37 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is compromised due to unrealistic workloads(in 35 reviews)

• Upper management wants massive productivity in areas they no longer understand(in 34 reviews)

1,676 Employee Reviews

Solid company to get experience and development that is valuable everywhere

Major Accounts District Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGood place to get experience and prove you are a performer and can deal with change and inconsistency and internal processes, angry clients, verbal agility, good and bad leaders. It's a big company and that is a good way to gain lots of exposure and experiences in the work world and learn how to promote yourself, be promotable and be a performer, network, etc.

ConsIf you don't work hard or don't catch on you won't last. The management by wallstreet metrics and constant change causes burnout and saps morale. It's an up and down existence. Have to keep moving within the organization to stay ahead of the wave. Everything possible is done to insure that you and your position are reduced to a replaceable part of the machine. The longer I'm gone the more I realize how much earlier I should have left - about 3 years is when you need to move or jump.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's a machine, it's true but it doesn't have to feel like that, it's barely working. Review the gigantic gaps in tenure to start realizing what it has turned into. Stop saying customer and service are first and then managing to numbers - congruence matters to clients and employees alike.

Great job if you don't have a life outside of work.

Payroll Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsPay is decent, office is clean and you are provided with all the tools needed for the job, benefits start upon hire. I enjoy how close I've gotten with my co workers, your team becomes like a family.

ConsOkay so I've got a lot of problems with ADP. First of all the management is ridiculous, it's so political you seriously have to be in your management's clique in order to be treated like a human being. They micromanage EVERY little thing you do. I'm talking timing breaks, checking your browsing history, and treating you like you are a 5 year old child. I've complained to directors and HR about the management and have gotten no where. The company hires you on and throws a thousand training classes at you for onboarding with a near impossible deadline to actually retain information, then expect you to just be perfect and figure it out. God forbid you make a mistake because let me tell you it will go all the way up to senior management and end with your job being threatened in a 1 on 1 meeting. The schedule is ludicrous you never know how long you will be at work, It could be 8 hours, it could be 16. I have stayed the night in the office before because by the time we were done it was 4 in the morning and needed to start work again at 6am. If you have animals, or children you can bet they won't see you anymore. Everything is about stats and client surveys, when the client isn't happy instead of talking to employees and finding out why things aren't working and why we aren't productive they just shame you for not being up to standards and ride you until you finally do what they want. You sign your life away to this company and they could give a rats behind whether you succeed or quit. I was promised complete support in being promoted and promised to be allowed the time to take necessary classes and tests to get to that point. Everytime I have applied to take my FPC exam and paid the 400 dollars to enroll, time comes for me to leave my desk at 4pm for the study group and I'm told no because there is work to be done. I feel like I'm walking on egg shells all day long, you never know who you are going to make mad next. I have NEVER in my life seen so many adults crying on the job! I mean people literally are so stressed out they sit at their desks and cry like babies. How is that okay?! If you like to be treated like garbage, overworked, threatened, and micromanaged for a somewhat decent salary of 40-70k a year then this is the place for you!

Advice to Senior ManagementWe are humans people, please understand we have children at home waiting for us. We have dogs that haven't gone to the bathroom since 6am. Everyone tries so hard to make things run smoothly and we receive to gratitude what so ever. management NEEDS to be figured out with this company.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Fall from greatness

Major Accounts District Manager (Former Employee)

ProsBest sales training, period. Good benefits (used to be great) and great earning potential if you can overcome service and product shortfalls and don't fall victim to arbitrary quota and territory changes.

Consfor many years, this was a great place to have a career. However under funded service and implementations on products rolled out too soon killed market credibility and removed the passion and belief for those with a conscience that were trying to sell it.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou wanted to change the face of the sales force to lower your cost of acquisition rather than invest in satisfying clients and increasing demand. Congrats- you succeeded!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Project Manager

Project Manager II (Current Employee) Newtown, PA

ProsWork from home, stable employer.

ConsPoor work-life balance, growth opportunities are non-existent (the best way to get more pay and get ahead is to leave and then come back in). Annual bonus is awarded based on division and individual performance - don't expect much.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe recent push and removal of "middle-management" was poorly orchestrated and has decreased morale and increased the turnover. Two months ago I would have recommended ADP, now I would not.

Great place to learn and grow your career

Director (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsUpward mobility if you have the ability to influence others. Great learning experience for new college business grads.

ConsLeadership tends to be reactive. Inconsistent evaluation of talent.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore focus on identifying future leaders and be more proactive.

Professional Sales Environment

Sales (Former Employee)

ProsGreat company. Benefits are fantastic. Leadership takes associate development very seriously. Individual contributors still have a voice at ADP!

ConsWork - life balance can suffer on occasion. Sometimes growth can be slowed due to factors outside of one's control. ie... timing, leadership changes etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverall I feel senior leadership has the best interests of the company and its employees top of mind.

ADP is a solid company. Most people are smart and work extremely hard.

Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsGood benefits, good environment, flexible work schedules

ConsNot all managers know how to actually manage and take care of their people.

Payroll Implementation Analyst

ProsTraining, benefits, flexible, stability, reputation

ConsWork-life balance, can't trust management

Advice to Senior ManagementEarn employees trust, improve work-life balance, act on employees' feedback from annual surveys.

Great experience, good people, professional environment.

ProsGood work-life balance, able to work remotely/from home. Compensation depends on who you are - "in the know" you are taken care of / "plain jane" a bit below adverage. Comp should be based on what you know, not who you know.

ConsPoor mid-level management communication. Great at "team" meetings. Poor work communication - things are told to you based on need to know - until it becomes a fire.

Advice to Senior ManagementVery strong senior leadership - good job.

Great opportunities, plenty of room to grow.

Major Accounts District Manager (Current Employee) Natick, MA

ProsIf you are a hard worker and know how to get things done on your own, this is a great place to work.

ConsBeginning your career here is quite overwhelming.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

Worked for ADP? Contribute to the Community!