ADP

Updated Jul 24, 2014

3.5 1,682 reviews

ADP CEO Carlos A. Rodriguez

Carlos A. Rodriguez

Pros
  • Decent work-life balance unless you want to move into higher management(in 114 reviews)

• You're able to work from home remotely in case of something like bad weather or illness(in 39 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is compromised due to unrealistic workloads(in 36 reviews)

• Upper management wants massive productivity in areas they no longer understand(in 34 reviews)

1,682 Employee Reviews

Solid company to get experience and development that is valuable everywhere

Major Accounts District Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGood place to get experience and prove you are a performer and can deal with change and inconsistency and internal processes, angry clients, verbal agility, good and bad leaders. It's a big company and that is a good way to gain lots of exposure and experiences in the work world and learn how to promote yourself, be promotable and be a performer, network, etc.

ConsIf you don't work hard or don't catch on you won't last. The management by wallstreet metrics and constant change causes burnout and saps morale. It's an up and down existence. Have to keep moving within the organization to stay ahead of the wave. Everything possible is done to insure that you and your position are reduced to a replaceable part of the machine. The longer I'm gone the more I realize how much earlier I should have left - about 3 years is when you need to move or jump.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's a machine, it's true but it doesn't have to feel like that, it's barely working. Review the gigantic gaps in tenure to start realizing what it has turned into. Stop saying customer and service are first and then managing to numbers - congruence matters to clients and employees alike.

district manager

SBS District Manager (Current Employee) Boca Raton, FL

Prosfun enviorment a lot of parties

Conssalary suck about a year before u make real money

ADP - MAS

Major Accounts District Manager (Former Employee) Coraopolis, PA

ProsVery good base pay of $35,000, plus commission.

ConsThey over hired at one point...then they slowly tried to get rid of people since the overflow did not leave. If people did not find other employment on their own, ADP either terminated them, or offered people mutual separation packages.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive reps more than 5 weeks in a territory or handling a specific client group before transferring them to work another territory. Absolutely not enough time to build relationships with new clients.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fall from greatness

Major Accounts District Manager (Former Employee)

ProsBest sales training, period. Good benefits (used to be great) and great earning potential if you can overcome service and product shortfalls and don't fall victim to arbitrary quota and territory changes.

Consfor many years, this was a great place to have a career. However under funded service and implementations on products rolled out too soon killed market credibility and removed the passion and belief for those with a conscience that were trying to sell it.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou wanted to change the face of the sales force to lower your cost of acquisition rather than invest in satisfying clients and increasing demand. Congrats- you succeeded!

Great professional decision to join ADP Benefits Services!

Corporate Sales Manager - Benefits (Current Employee)

ProsCompany enables and supports sales process
    Desire throughout company to create positive client experience
    Employee recognition is embedded within the culture
    Work-Life balance is actually encouraged
    Despite size, ADP is making significant investments in the product and service delivery model to position itself as an innovator
    Compensation, Benefits, and Sales Incentives

ConsWould like to see improved 'Branding' around ADP Benefits Services

Advice to Senior ManagementADP is uniquely positioned to drive HCM market share with large employers. Continue to focus on quality implementations and product development. Clients are embracing the software + service model...keep investing in our people!

My experience overall has been good.

SBS District Manager (Current Employee) Colorado Springs, CO

ProsUncapped commissions is great considering the salary is lower than the typical sales job. They are flexible with time off and for the most part you can have a good work-life balance. Training is great and they have great benefits. Ability to move to different aspects of ADP. Ability to be an off-site rep and not have a manager asking about your every step.

ConsThe salary is lower than the typical sales job. It is frustrating that some newcomers get more opportunity than others. They only provide a minimal amount to education should you choose to continue it. Some managers are better than others and you do not have a lot of leeway to switching.

Professional Sales Environment

Sales (Former Employee)

ProsGreat company. Benefits are fantastic. Leadership takes associate development very seriously. Individual contributors still have a voice at ADP!

ConsWork - life balance can suffer on occasion. Sometimes growth can be slowed due to factors outside of one's control. ie... timing, leadership changes etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverall I feel senior leadership has the best interests of the company and its employees top of mind.

Great place!

ProsVery employee Centric. Culture drives everything.

ConsBig company problems. They're aware and manage them well.

Great stable company to work for!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsStability, Great culture for sales, Incredible training
    Awesome benefits

ConsLimited Advancement for non-Sales people

Good company

Marketing Research Analyst (Current Employee) Roseland, NJ

ProsWork from home even for contractor / temp positions possible

ConsNo major cons in my experience working there

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing

Worked for ADP? Contribute to the Community!