ADP RPO Reviews

Reset
3.5
Terry Terhark

1. Good Company to work

Pros

Good training, transparent management, opportunities to learn and grow

Cons

I can not think of any cons

2. If you like change...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Findlay, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Findlay, OH

I have been working at ADP RPO (Less than a year)

Pros

Work is self-directed. My manager is always willing to offer advice or have my back when needed. Change keeps work fresh and exciting.

Cons

Change can be very reactive versus strategic.

3. Very Client Dependent for enjoying

Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Findlay, OH
    Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Findlay, OH

I have been working at ADP RPO full-time

Pros

Opportunity to learn a lot about different ATS, obtain certifications relevant for recruiting, recruit for great brands (you can be THE person to talk to to get into XYZ's R&D group for example). Connect with great business partners withing the brands (though this varies, some great, some terrible).

Cons

I was brought in to turnaround a sinking business unit originally where I brought years of experience in that category of recruiting. I did so well that I was provided additional business units. The switch of never having recruited in the area and having to learn was a little brutal as the client demanded immediate results, but I persevered. I was moved to another account that I told management was a horrible fit but would work where I was needed. Every system and process was wildly different than what I had been doing for the years before the client shift. I received 2 days of "training" and was expected to perform immediately. Navigating through the new administrative was a nightmare and added 15+ hours of work to a full req load. Pleading for a better client fit, I was again moved to another account. The team was great, but it is loosely my area of expertise. There is less structure and the team is vastly under-resourced. Advancement is verbally promised but you wait until review period and it is never given, almost as if forgotten about. The "raises" are a joke, less than cost of living. Benefits earned have been contested and denied in my experience, left me with a lot of disdain for wanting to work harder with no payout. The culture seems to breed mediocrity and a lemming, suppress ideas to improve the organization (we'll think about mentality), and let the good talent realize they have plateaued so leave.

Advice to Management

The system we pitch as being so advanced is god awfully slow and very obviously not created by recruiters. There are so many opportunities for improvement. The relationship management process is client specific and in my experiences, you are given a crash course before getting fed to the wolves. Improve wind up / wind down and ramp up. Provide more RMS resources. Don't swindle away benefits. Provide raises that want to make me stay, not make me want to leave. I have hired hundreds of people in a short time at thousands each, nearing millions in revenue. It looks stingy when the numbers are as such.

5. Being "part-time" is bad

Former Employee - Relationship Manager in Findlay, OH
    Former Employee - Relationship Manager in Findlay, OH

I worked at ADP RPO full-time

Pros

Flexible schedules - for part-time, you can choose what hours you are available, in theory Decent pay - it's higher than most jobs you can get

Cons

No opportunities for promotion or development - I was on a career plan for over 2 years. There was no chances for professional development. After begging, I finally was allowed to get a certification. As 'part-time', even if you work 40 hours a week, your schedule can be changed every week. You could end up with 0 hours the next week. If you are depending on this job to survive, it could end badly because they don't have to schedule you. The workload is heavy, and you might end up feeling pressured to work extra time without pay and to check email from home. The work is stressful, and many people had crying breakdowns. Most of the supervisors and other workers are remote, so it can be hard to communicate with them.

Advice to Management

Management seems to believe that everyone who is 'part-time' is a bored housewife. Many of the people who are 'part-time' were hired under the promise they would be promoted to full-time in a few months, and only have this job.

6. Recruitment

I have been working at ADP RPO full-time

Pros

Multiple lateral and upward movement opportunities. Availability of peer support. Friendly work environment. Company paid advanced training techniques.

Cons

At times, it seems that too much is placed on "own your career". It is difficult to own anything without sufficient guidance and direction to at least point someone in the right direction.

Advice to Management

Continue to do what you are doing well. Continue to improve those areas of opportunity. Overall, great place to work.

7. CRM

I have been working at ADP RPO full-time

Pros

Casual environment, flexible schedule, great benefits.

Cons

High workloads, not rewarded for hardwork, overworked and underpaid. Overtime is not aloud. Plan to work off the clock, it is the unspoken rule and expectation there.

8. Great place to start your career

Former Employee - Client Relationship Manager in Findlay, OH
    Former Employee - Client Relationship Manager in Findlay, OH

I worked at ADP RPO part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Create your own schedule Great Work/life balance Cafeteria onsite

Cons

Location - not much in Findlay Advancement within the company

9. Great!

Pros

Training is outstanding, great, wonderful!

Cons

None, none, none, none, none

Company treats you like a contractor if working for them remotely

Former Employee - RMS Recruiter in Remote, OR
    Former Employee - RMS Recruiter in Remote, OR

I worked at ADP RPO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work/life balance and flexible hours

Cons

No room for advancement opportunities if working remotely and once they no longer need you for a particular account they will bounce recruiter around on accounts with no training so they can sever employment.

Advice to Management

Employees in Findlay office are big fish in a rain puddle and can be condescending without having the education or experience to back up their commentary.

It is what it is.

I have been working at ADP RPO full-time

Pros

A lot of training involved

Cons

Most training is completely useless

Advice to Management

Dont make promises your cant keep

RSS Feed </> Embed