ADP

3.4 1,505 reviews

ADP CEO Carlos A. Rodriguez

Carlos A. Rodriguez

1,505 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Work life balance is achievable and is part of the culture even at the higher levels"
    in 106 reviews
  • "You're able to work from home remotely in case of something like bad weather or illness"
    in 34 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work/life balance is compromised due to unrealistic workloads"
    in 27 reviews
  • "Upper management wants massive productivity in areas they no longer understand"
    in 33 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great place for a True Career

Implementation Team Lead (Current Employee)
Baltimore, MD

I have been working at ADP full-time for more than 10 years

ProsADP has great benefits, even a pension! They care about their employees. Always a place to move, even if it is a lateral move.

ConsI do not have much to complain about here I like working for ADP, have been here for quiet a while

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways ask the little guy, i.e. the folks on the front line. Some items related to software updates don't always get the correct updates.

Best place I have ever worked.

ADP Director (Current Employee)
Detroit, MI

I have been working at ADP full-time for more than 5 years

ProsADP is big and powerful, with offices in just about every state. They are a Fortune 500 company with billions in revenue, and have one of the best and most innovative IT departments in the world with superior senior and executive leadership. There is great emphasis on building your skills and helping you succeed. The people who work for this company have great pride in their positions and take things VERY seriously. Most noticeably, there is a lot of mutual respect between departments. This cannot be said for a lot of other companies I worked at where tournament-style wars were waged for promotions, gossip and backstabbing were prevalent, and upper management was littered with unqualified individuals. This does not happen at ADP. The company is far too large to engage in such trivial matters.

ADP seems to attract top talent. Our particular team has transplants from Nike, Charles Schwab, MetLife, and General Motors. The pay is substantial here compared to other companies, with entry-level software engineers in being paid very comfortably, while Directors and VPs are paid lavishly. The work/life balance is also fair here, with many employees having the option to work from home if the project load allows it, though it’s not wise to always do so.

ConsThe on-boarding process can be a little daunting. Higher-level employees are expected to learn things on the fly and this can lead to a little bit lag in projects being completed. ADP is always growing, and new personal are always being hired, so it seems like a solution to this situation would be a priority. Just in discussion with other ADP employees, it takes a good month or two to truly grasp what you are required to do and how this massive ADP machine operates. Once you figure this out, working here becomes much more enjoyable, but it saddens me how many employees recoil and fear how quickly this company evolves.

A concern for more youthful employees is being interested in the product they are working with. Payroll and Services aren’t the most appealing subject matter to be grinding out hours on, so ADP is more appealing to the upper-level director/manager level employee who has sowed his/her proverbial oats with more stimulating projects at their last employer and is looking to command and drive projects mainly for the big paycheck. These people are easy to spot here.

Advice to Senior ManagementThanks for the opportunity! I’m happy to work for such an awesome company.

The people make the difference at ADP.

Client Service Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at ADP full-time for more than 8 years

ProsADP is a fiscally sound company with lots of opportunity for advancement if you are willing to relocate. They offer a broad spectrum of products and career opportunities.

ConsToo many products and lack of integration between products. ADP always adds more workload to the star performers and is slow to replace associates, adding to the workload of others.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Leadership

SBS Associate District Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at ADP full-time for more than a year

ProsYou know you're selling an industry leading product. Leadership supports you and provides you with the resources to be able to get the job done!!

ConsMeeting after meeting and wait one second....yup another meeting to talk about the previous meeting!

Advice to Senior ManagementMake dedicated call days about the calling and not sitting in meetings for half the day. I understand training and education are part of the process but we need to focus more on getting more appointments in the books.

Great Place to work

Client Tech Analyst (Current Employee)
El Paso, TX

I have been working at ADP full-time for more than a year

ProsEverything is great about this company,So many job opportunities are available.

ConsA Little hard to get into ADP and application process does take a while this goes more towards the recruiter part

Good place to work, for a large company. Good benefits.

IT Manager (Current Employee)
Louisville, KY

I have been working at ADP full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat benefits, good opportunities. Great people to work with.

ConsLarge company with big bureaucracy, which can be frustrating. Very slow to change, software development and release takes a long time. For every IT project you have to work with many, many different groups, each of which has responsibility for one small piece. Large projects seem to have a swarm of project managers and it is hard to get specific direction.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor IT Projects, and product management as well, identify some high level leaders who have the authority and ability to set direction for the project/product, to avoid the "management by committee" approach which seems to cause projects to thrash around with cloudy vision.

Great opportunity to build a reputation and learn.

District Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at ADP full-time for more than a year

ProsEarning potential is great, base is low compared to other top Saas and IT related sales orgs.
Depending on the market and business unit the reputation of the company is enough to get a meeting. Good resources for prospecting and territory planning.

ConsADP has a that's not good enough culture, which does drive great results in the short term but causes a bunch of (2-3 year) turn over even among high performing reps.

Good company

I have been working at ADP

ProsGood pay, the benefits and perks are great. The company has an annual survey that supposedly allows them to know what's on the minds of their associates and how they view the company.

ConsSome managers need training on how to become great managers.

A Great company to work for. They really care about their customers.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at ADP full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSome of the best people I've ever worked for and with. Getting the right tools to get the job done right was never an issue. Management's expectations were very high, and when the work was done well, credit was given where credit was due.

ConsInconsistent workload. You were either killing yourself working around the clock trying to meet last minute deadlines, or you were twiddling your thumbs wondering why this time wasn't being spent learning how to better manage our time and resources so we didn't have to deal with the last minute deadlines.

Good company to work for

I have been working at ADP full-time

ProsGood leadership, stable, good job security

ConsPromotional opportunities can be limited

Worked for ADP? Contribute to the Community!

ADP Videos

ADP – Why Work for Us?

Automatic Data Processing, Inc. (Nasdaq: ADP), with about $11 billion in revenues and about 620,000 clients, is one of the world's largest providers of business outsourcing solutions. Leveraging over 60 years of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ADP reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ADP CEO Carlos A. Rodriguez . All 1,505 reviews posted anonymously by ADP employees.