ADP

3.4 1,493 reviews

ADP CEO Carlos A. Rodriguez

Carlos A. Rodriguez

1,493 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Work life balance is achievable and is part of the culture even at the higher levels"
    in 98 reviews
  • "Good compnay, good benefits, national large company with good reputation"
    in 74 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work life balance can sometimes be a challenge but most jobs I've been in"
    in 23 reviews
  • "Those that make a lot of money have a great relationship with upper management and are given leads"
    in 30 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great place for a True Career

Implementation Team Lead (Current Employee)
Baltimore, MD

I have been working at ADP full-time for more than 10 years

ProsADP has great benefits, even a pension! They care about their employees. Always a place to move, even if it is a lateral move.

ConsI do not have much to complain about here I like working for ADP, have been here for quiet a while

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways ask the little guy, i.e. the folks on the front line. Some items related to software updates don't always get the correct updates.

Best place I have ever worked.

ADP Director (Current Employee)
Detroit, MI

I have been working at ADP full-time for more than 5 years

ProsADP is big and powerful, with offices in just about every state. They are a Fortune 500 company with billions in revenue, and have one of the best and most innovative IT departments in the world with superior senior and executive leadership. There is great emphasis on building your skills and helping you succeed. The people who work for this company have great pride in their positions and take things VERY seriously. Most noticeably, there is a lot of mutual respect between departments. This cannot be said for a lot of other companies I worked at where tournament-style wars were waged for promotions, gossip and backstabbing were prevalent, and upper management was littered with unqualified individuals. This does not happen at ADP. The company is far too large to engage in such trivial matters.

ADP seems to attract top talent. Our particular team has transplants from Nike, Charles Schwab, MetLife, and General Motors. The pay is substantial here compared to other companies, with entry-level software engineers in being paid very comfortably, while Directors and VPs are paid lavishly. The work/life balance is also fair here, with many employees having the option to work from home if the project load allows it, though it’s not wise to always do so.

ConsThe on-boarding process can be a little daunting. Higher-level employees are expected to learn things on the fly and this can lead to a little bit lag in projects being completed. ADP is always growing, and new personal are always being hired, so it seems like a solution to this situation would be a priority. Just in discussion with other ADP employees, it takes a good month or two to truly grasp what you are required to do and how this massive ADP machine operates. Once you figure this out, working here becomes much more enjoyable, but it saddens me how many employees recoil and fear how quickly this company evolves.

A concern for more youthful employees is being interested in the product they are working with. Payroll and Services aren’t the most appealing subject matter to be grinding out hours on, so ADP is more appealing to the upper-level director/manager level employee who has sowed his/her proverbial oats with more stimulating projects at their last employer and is looking to command and drive projects mainly for the big paycheck. These people are easy to spot here.

Advice to Senior ManagementThanks for the opportunity! I’m happy to work for such an awesome company.

A Great company to work for. They really care about their customers.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at ADP full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSome of the best people I've ever worked for and with. Getting the right tools to get the job done right was never an issue. Management's expectations were very high, and when the work was done well, credit was given where credit was due.

ConsInconsistent workload. You were either killing yourself working around the clock trying to meet last minute deadlines, or you were twiddling your thumbs wondering why this time wasn't being spent learning how to better manage our time and resources so we didn't have to deal with the last minute deadlines.

Opportunities or stepping stone

I have been working at ADP

ProsGood shifts great perks telecommute is awesome

ConsUnorganized too big book of business load unfair and unrealistic

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the ppl that actually do the job

ADP has been helpful with expanding my network and various product training.

Human Capital Management Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at ADP full-time for more than 8 years

ProsADP does provide various training courses for it's employees that can help enhance a career. There have been many times I have been able to apply other options learned at ADP with personal life, such as using Microsoft Office Suite. Training is very important and encouraged at ADP.

ConsADP appears to underpay it's associates. ADP also changes work process very frequently, so if you're not one for change, then ADP isn't for you. I took a different internal position within the company and once my training was finished, it was brought to my attention to forget everything that I just learned, as the job will be totally different. The role went from an analyst to a more technical position without notice.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management should think some of the changes they apply more thoroughly through. I don't think they ever consider all options available or realize the negative impact a massive change could have if all bases aren't covered.

Always growing with simplicity and innovation

I have been working at ADP full-time for more than 10 years

ProsADP has been growing and expanding over the last few years. It is focused on being competitive in the payroll industry. It has very strong company values. It encourages employee personal growth.

ConsToo many changing products and procedures.

Best company I have ever worked for

Audit Manager (Current Employee)
Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at ADP full-time for more than 3 years

ProsEmployee friendly and great worklife balance

ConsNot enough career growth opportunities

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to drive growth potentials within the company

Many Opportunities for Development

Human Resources Business Partner (Current Employee)

I have been working at ADP full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSo many ways to contribute ideas and see them come to fruition.

ConsNot enough hours in the day to provide stellar service to my internal and external partners.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening a collaborating across the company.

Great Move

Payroll Services Representative (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at ADP full-time for less than a year

ProsGood Set Time Scheduling
Good Pay
Good Co-Workers
Great Team Building
Nice work area

ConsYou will see people that don't want to work hard as you and they may try to keep you down.
The amount of time it will take for you to go perm.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the Good Work

Billing Specialist

Billing Specialist (Former Employee)
Augusta, GA

I worked at ADP full-time for less than a year

ProsGood job, great facility, great employees.

ConsManagement is sometimes inconsistent with what needs to be done.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf their team had a system that was consistent, that'd help strengthen results.

Worked for ADP? Contribute to the Community!

ADP Videos

ADP – Why Work for Us?

Automatic Data Processing, Inc. (Nasdaq: ADP), with about $11 billion in revenues and about 620,000 clients, is one of the world's largest providers of business outsourcing solutions. Leveraging over 60 years of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ADP reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ADP CEO Carlos A. Rodriguez . All 1,493 reviews posted anonymously by ADP employees.