ADP

3.5
1,802 Reviews

ADP CEO Carlos A. Rodriguez
Carlos A. Rodriguez

Pros
  • Decent work-life balance unless you want to move into higher management (in 114 reviews)

• You're able to work from home remotely in case of something like bad weather or illness (in 39 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is compromised due to unrealistic workloads (in 36 reviews)

• Upper management wants massive productivity in areas they no longer understand (in 34 reviews)

More Highlights

Client Service Representative

Former Employee - Client Services Representative  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Client Services Representative in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at ADP full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great training. company sends you out for training. Company paid, no out of pocket expenses. Company puts a lot of $$ into their employee's. At the time I joined company in 2006, you were given 40 hours vacation 40 hours sick and were paid for all the major holidays promotions truly come from within

Cons

stressful environment. especially during year end.

HCM ISM

I have been working at ADP

Pros

Competitive compensation and benefits incentives

Cons

Field partnership hierarchy can limit your ability to reach full potential.

Great company to work with

I worked at ADP full-time

Pros

Will provide you lots of professional experience. Offer a lot of training and a lot of support with your position

Cons

Career growth is a bit limited

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent company, would highly recommend!

Former Employee - Front Desk Receptionist  in  Lenexa, KS
    Former Employee - Front Desk Receptionist in Lenexa, KS

I worked at ADP full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Very solid company, great benefits, and many opportunities to advance. Plenty of training available, and can always learn about the other departments to see how you contribute. Great community presence...supportive of volunteer work.

Cons

Seemed to want everyone to sell, whatever your position, understandable to want to use every opportunity that might present itself, but for some, that is not always the case.

Great management, very involved and supportive, got to know all employees, not just their own department.

Great work environment

I worked at ADP as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Interesting work, good compensation, nice people

Cons

Some institutional constraints on projects

Great learning opportunity - just too busy at times no time to even breathe

Former Employee - Senior Connection Support Specialist  in  Alpharette, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Connection Support Specialist in Alpharette, GA

I worked at ADP full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great Learning Opportunities. I worked with Benefits and Payroll - learned a lot of the past 9 years.

Cons

Just too much work most of the year round no time to do anything else

Great Sales Organization

Current Employee - SBS District Manager  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - SBS District Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at ADP full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you're looking for a place to get great sales experience and cut your teeth, ADP is the place. ADP is a company that recognizes a superlative sales performance and compensates relatively fairly. You will get hounded by recruiters with ADP on your resume.

Culture was amazing in the office. I have never worked with a more enthusiastic, successful group of people.

Great benefits, stock options, and fun team events keep things interesting and the team close.

Cons

Difficult to move up or change business units if you are doing well, as managers generally don't want to lose their best people. If you have a blow-out year, you will generally just get an unreasonable quota the next year and end up frustrated.

Great Place to work, great benefits, great advancement opportunities

Current Employee - District Manager  in  Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - District Manager in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at ADP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

My business unit TotalSource has had double digit growth for past six years and management is very supportive of employees. Upper management is constantly asking what they can do to help you achieve your goals. The benefits are great, the company collateral and technology support is awesome

Cons

Our office is an open cube environment which can be very distracting.

I would like to see more structured volunteer activities at the offices. We have eight hours a year for vounteer hours but my location doesn't have any coordinated opportunities as a collective group. More teambuilding between the business units. The business units operate very much in silos, better cross collaboration would benefit the company and clients.

Good place to start

Current Employee - SBS District Manager  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - SBS District Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at ADP full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good learning. If you want to get into business, this job hardens you. Young people on sales team. Good benefits. Profitable company. Well positioned in the market. stock performs well

Cons

It can get very repetitive and boring. Very "corporate" feel. Tendency of culture to have people compared to others within company. Commission structure become less generous as your salary gets bigger. Management can appear cheap at times.

Constant global HCM evolution and Driven Programs for Employee Engagement mean HAPPY CLIENTS and GREAT RESULTS

Current Employee - Operations  in  Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Operations in Louisville, KY

I have been working at ADP full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have loved working at ADP for over 17 years in many different biz units from sales, management to operations including stretch assignments.I continue to find doors opening for me on my career journey, a true employer desire to help me as a working mom accommodate my family priorities and a fantastic women in leadership program. It's not the same org it was year ago and the change impact is INCREDIBLE. The organization has gone through incredible change in pivoting the brand leader in payroll to brand leader in global HCM . Carlos's leadership, SImplify Innovate and GROW initiatives are key to client success and being client centric, and his exec team is incredible in understanding the PERPETUAL investment that needs to be made to ensure that future path. Add to the R&D investmentsannually of av. 700m includes two Innovation Labs, a state of the art Security Center this crazy BUZZ around HCM and the velocity of the marketplace has EXCITED the workforce at ADP in a way unmatched by others.Additional mentoring programs, Kaizens and Business Process Improvement Initiatives have been well received and truly make a impact.

Cons

The cons are many in the market may assume based on past deep history of ADP that it's the "old ADP" and they need to take the time to talk to an employees and explore the amazing journey we all have been on the past few years which has yielded incredible client relationships and experiences.

Worked for ADP? Contribute to the Community!