ADP

Updated Jul 23, 2014

3.5 1,681 reviews

ADP CEO Carlos A. Rodriguez

Carlos A. Rodriguez

Pros
  • Decent work-life balance unless you want to move into higher management(in 114 reviews)

• You're able to work from home remotely in case of something like bad weather or illness(in 37 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is compromised due to unrealistic workloads(in 35 reviews)

• Upper management wants massive productivity in areas they no longer understand(in 34 reviews)

1,681 Employee Reviews

An amazing organization!!!

SBS District Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThe management cares about helping you reach your highest level of success in the company! The upward growth is tremendous- especially if you are willing to relocate. They have a ton of work from home positions as well.

ConsThe starting sales roles have a lower base salary but a great commission program. The turnover i believe is very high for this main reason

Advice to Senior ManagementI would give all of the outside sales reps the call ins. If somebody is wanting payroll in a sales rep's territory- it should not go to inside sales.

Awesome place to work

District Sales Manager (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsManagement, worklife balance, sales driven company, great culture and great leadership, TEAM atmosphere

ConsNone that I can think of at this time

Awesome company to work for.

ProsGreat work-life great time off and great company values

ConsLots of CHanage makes hard to keep up

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to be and great people to work with.

Service Executive (Current Employee) Roseland, NJ

ProsRapidly changing environment, always something to keep you challenged and grwoing

ConsWork/Life balance can be difficult at times

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate the experience that you have in the base of Associates

good

ProsGreat co-workers, great location, its okay

Consseems disorganized at times... tons of departments

A great big company!

ProsADP has tremendous internal opportunities and they are willing to invest in their employees. Many people have worked for the company for a long time and transitioned into bigger and better roles.

ConsIt is a huge company to work for and at times it can be challenging to keep up with all of the new products and services being offered.

Great benefits and a lot of room to grow

ProsEncourages employees to grow,
    New ideas are well accepted/considered,
    Great benefits,
    Very fun and friendly people to work with,
    Allows flexibility and encourages work life balance
    Overall a great place to work for and I am happy here

ConsI can't think of anything right at this moment

Advice to Senior ManagementNone at this time

Programmer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery stable, Friendly, Easy going, good compensation, good leadership

ConsNot really any major cons for such a big company.

HIgh stress sale jobs with expectations of a quick sale of a product/service with a longer sales cycle

Retirement Services District Manager (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsIndependence when running your business and hours. Sales quota is all that matters. Compensation and fringe benefits are above average. Include cash balance pension.

ConsTypical territory based sales paradox - when you're successful, sales quota is increased substantially (20%+) and territories are reduced, either by size, distribution channel, and increase sales headcount, sometimes all at the same time

Advice to Senior ManagementSiloed environment, where you're competing with other lines of business. Figure out a better way to get these sales people on the same page. They say "One ADP", but really mean it.

Tax Manager

Tax Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThe company seems genuinely concerned about it work force. They want the employee to be able to learn and grow and take advantages of opportunities and openings in the organization. They offer benefits comparable to other large companies.

ConsThere is sometimes not enough training when you start in the company. You have to take a lot of initiative to find out what all the systems are that are used to do the job you were hired for. This makes it difficult and frustrating when trying to meet deadlines.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to look at the Employee Stock Purchase Plan and how your plan compares to other organizations. You may get more participation if the price was not tied to only the ending stock price and the discount only 5%,

Worked for ADP? Contribute to the Community!