ADP

3.5 1,649 reviews

ADP CEO Carlos A. Rodriguez

Carlos A. Rodriguez

1,649 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "I was lucky to have great managers who valued a work-life balance"
    in 107 reviews
  • "You're able to work from home remotely in case of something like bad weather or illness"
    in 35 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work/life balance is compromised due to unrealistic workloads"
    in 29 reviews
  • "Upper management wants massive productivity in areas they no longer understand"
    in 34 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Amazing

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Salt Lake City, UT

ProsGreat benefits, great learning (e-learning) opportunities, great co-workers.

ConsTuition reimbursement is a joke. Promotions are rare. They change their policies too often, so once you have the new scripts down they change them again.

Its ok

Not Disclosed (Current Employee)
    Etobicoke, ON (Canada)

ProsCompany benefits are pretty good. RSP matching, full company paid benefits, vacation is ok too,

ConsUnrealistic expectations, high demands, highly matrixed too many hands in the pie, power struggles, managers who are not up to date on the business units they support so don't know how to effectively manage their teams realistically. - "Do as I say not as I do" mentality from some management.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the staff below the management level,. they are the ones doing the grunt work for you and have a pulse on what is happening, and can definitely help with pointing out problems before they become out of control. the values of the company really need to be practiced, and not just words on the wall.

Take the Good with the Bad!

Director (Current Employee)
    Boston, MA

ProsThe people you get to work with are knowledgeable and hard working. ADP is a fast paced environment with plenty of opportunity to move around. The work is very comprehensive, so you have the chance to learn a lot of different skills

ConsThe organization is very lean; too much work for not enough people. ADP tries to treat every offering as it is a payroll offering which tends to make it more difficult since payroll implementations take less work and are more profitable. Every time Senior leadership changes there is a new methodology to how we do things and peoples roles and responsibilities change at the same time which causes a lot of confusion.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your people, they are very knowledgeable and can tell you what your clients needs are.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent culture and company

ProsBenefits, Structure, Hours, Co-Workers, Culture

ConsNo cons at this time.

Definitely not an easy job; but good. professional company to work for

Associate District Manager (Former Employee)
    Long Beach, CA

ProsFlexibility, training, out-of-office activities. They really do a great job of keeping the mood light

ConsSometimes you can feel helpless, it took me 4 months to have my own sales territory

Slow, Steady, Stuck

Vice President (Current Employee)
    Roseland, NJ

ProsStable company; solid business; polite and professional

ConsHard to move the dial; passive aggressive culture; public company but run more like a small gang

Advice to Senior ManagementLook outside the box; refrain from analysis paralysis to resolve to the status quo. Shake up your board; shake up your management; create transparency across your organizatoin

A great big company!

ProsADP has tremendous internal opportunities and they are willing to invest in their employees. Many people have worked for the company for a long time and transitioned into bigger and better roles.

ConsIt is a huge company to work for and at times it can be challenging to keep up with all of the new products and services being offered.

Stable, conservative

Project Manager (Former Employee)
    Salt Lake City, UT

ProsThe company is large enough to offer a reasonable amount of job security. The organization uses an impressive talent management and learning program and supports community involvement.

ConsCan be corporate and impersonal. Often seen by associates as fragmented due to its size. Upward mobility is low for professional level associates. Benefit premiums are moderately high considering the industry it serves.

Advice to Senior ManagementOrganization-wide announcements could stand to be less frequent, verbose and jargon-prone to increase employee interest and trust.

Lots of time spent working for this company. Time for a change.

Service Delivery Manager (Current Employee)
    West Des Moines, IA

ProsUnsure of what to consider "pros" of working at ADP at this time. There are too many changes with no communication going on within the division.

ConsLack of communication - there are alot of changes....but no real direction being given.

good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat culture, leadership good, fun and friendly atmosphere

Consneed to increase salaries after certain period

Worked for ADP? Contribute to the Community!

ADP Videos

ADP – Why Work for Us?

Automatic Data Processing, Inc. (Nasdaq: ADP), with about $11 billion in revenues and about 620,000 clients, is one of the world's largest providers of business outsourcing solutions. Leveraging over 60 years of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ADP reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ADP CEO Carlos A. Rodriguez . All 1,649 reviews posted anonymously by ADP employees.