ADP

3.6
1,772 Reviews

ADP CEO Carlos A. Rodriguez
Carlos A. Rodriguez

Pros
  • Decent work-life balance unless you want to move into higher management (in 114 reviews)

• You're able to work from home remotely in case of something like bad weather or illness (in 39 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is compromised due to unrealistic workloads (in 36 reviews)

• Upper management wants massive productivity in areas they no longer understand (in 34 reviews)

More Highlights

Good company

I have been working at ADP full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people to work with, great teams

Cons

Not always quick to fix problem

Would like to see employees paid more instead of only awarding those who pad numbers

could be great place

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative  in  Hoffman Estates, IL
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Hoffman Estates, IL

I have been working at ADP full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

cutture.. fellow employees... benefits, health club, doctor on staff

Cons

Management of Inside Sales starting at the top.. no leadership, favoritism, and not there otten

know who is working to get orders and order takers.. not there enough to know what is going on and sales suffered... best people are gone but they were not people that were brown nosing, they were working.....

Old technology, stuck in the past. Trying to change but heading in the wrong direction.

I worked at ADP

Pros

Great team to work with, with great engineering talent, but badly led. Good work life balance in the Singapore office, although mostly stuck in Changi Business Park.

Cons

Not strategic in their management of technology infrastructure. Although operating in a challenging environment (Asia, Africa, etc), they have no strategic vision for infrastructure

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

SBS is an excellent entry level sales job, or for those with one or less years experience

Current Employee - SBS Associate District Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - SBS Associate District Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at ADP full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. You will get constant emails from recruiters after 6 months of employment presenting you with good opportunities.
    2. You will get extensive sales training, and feel confident in any sales situation in the future
    3. You will learn a lot about the small business world, see the successful ones (very few) and the failed ones
    4. You will network a ton
    5. The people you work with all are young, between the ages of 22-30
    6. As an outside sales rep, you have a lot of freedom and can use your day pretty much however you choose

Cons

1. The base pay is very conservative for the industry. They pay a base between 34-38 depending where you live. Our competitors, like paycor, pay 55k per year to do the SAME EXACT JOB
    2. They tell you about the great partnership with Chase Bank and CPA's, but neither really want to work with you, most of your business is self-generated prospecting.
    3. Some of the managers get too intense. ADP wants you to be like a machine with "talk tracks", constant reporting ect. It can get overwhelming at times considering how fast we have to move to get results.
    4. The job involves a lot of activity, we do 75 activities a week which can get exhausting really fast, and it IS necessary because of our product and no one really CARES to switch payroll. You have to talk to 75 prospects a week to get 5 meetings, to close two deals (if your good)

1. Increase the base salary - 36k is way too low when competitors are reaching out to use weekly to offer us 20k more for the same job. The turnover rate in SBS is 50% and this, I am sure, has a large impact.
    2. Work to develop the relationship with our individual Chase Bankers. Chase Bankers appear to not understand we have a relationship with us, and the Branch Managers don't care or respect us as sales people. We need our managers in our banks to explain the corporate relationships.

New Business opportunities

I have been working at ADP full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Stable company. Top Senior Leaders have vision

Cons

Operational leaders are disconnected from reality.

Stop lying to EEs.

Overall people are nice but hard to get promoted if you are not in sales, service or part of inner circle.

I have been working at ADP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good business model and stable. Have a few really bright individuals who want to do the right thing. Learned some great stuff

Cons

Upper management esp sales is arrogant and brusque. HR provides only lip service which is sad because they are a HCM company. not much opportunity for promotion if you are not a rockstar sales leader or align yourselg to one. Infrequent communication and no transparency. If you go to HR with an issue you get only party line and no real action.

Do your due diligence on senior execs esp some of your lifers. Talk informally to their teams and directs. Revamp your HR talent, you want to be best in this area. Divide your state and church. All HR cares about is to become cronies with senior execs .

Relatively stable & not that exciting

I have been working at ADP full-time

Pros

Relatively stable & good Work-life balance

Cons

Career growth & Slow in adapting to new technologies

From Good to Declining

Former Employee - Implementation Consultant III
    Former Employee - Implementation Consultant III

I worked at ADP full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Strong and stable company, many good people, especially those with a long history in the company. Office politics are much less evident than in other companies. Performance does seem to matter more than contacts. 10 Years ago, a great employer. Still good for those ok with rote work.

Cons

ADP is undergoing the same corporate process transformation that is being effected in many, if not most, major corporations: moving from empowerment to micro-management of every step of one's duties. In an effort to make the system 'fool-proof' it is being designed for fools, adding a lot of extra work while reducing judgment and discretion in one's own work. Outsourcing of many tasks to Asia are creating a loss of quality that is being absorbed with unpaid longer hours by remaining salaried US staff. Expense and reimbursement policies are becoming stingy, bonuses are being curtailed. In short, ADP employees below the management level as well as low-level management are being squeezed with less pay while unpaid late night, weekend, holiday, and vacation work is becoming increasingly the norm. While most fellow employees (called associates) are very nice, soon you find that many have no meaningful social or civic life outside ADP. But, it is likely this is not unique to ADP. Creative types may be very unhappy here.

Be prepared for an exodus if the economy ever fully recovers. Getting an ADP employee fully productive takes more than a year for most production and service jobs in ADP. If the national employment 'churn' ever returns anywhere to previous norms before 2009, ADP could find itself in very sudden loss of manpower capability. When a significant portion of remaining US staff currently hiding the true labor cost of the product leaves for other opportunities, in addition to the steady retirement of many older employees, it could cause a sudden drop in ADP's ability to service its current client base and implement new business, which could in turn lead to a sudden rise in client departures. On the other hand, if the economy continues as it has, ADP is safe doing what it is doing for now. But in either case, long-term, ADP is losing the ability to detect bright new talent among its ranks with its increasingly inflexible templates as applied to hiring, employee management, and work processes.

Great people, great culture

Current Employee - Human Resources  in  Roseland, NJ
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Roseland, NJ

I have been working at ADP full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

If you find a place that is full of great people who really care about doing good job, and it has the flexibiity and culture that you fit with, you have found a place to stay. I have been elsewhere - I stay because on-balance it is a great place to work.

Cons

It takes time to get acclimated. It is a very relationship based culture - you need to know lots of people to have career success. I am an introvert so it took time, but it was worth it. You have to have a longer term view to get it, not a place for a rocket to the top.

You need to talk to the new hires and get their input!

District Sales Manager- Resource

Current Employee - District Sales Manager  in  South Salt Lake, UT
    Current Employee - District Sales Manager in South Salt Lake, UT

I have been working at ADP full-time for less than a year

Pros

Room for advancement must be willing to relocate which is very common in most large companies. Great company for building a sales resume. Very detail oriented with meetings held twice a week to review and status updates.

Cons

Unrealistic goals, Not understanding market place trends, Over staffing to boost managers resume knowing that only 1 DM would be needed but placing 3 under there supervision. Lack of communication between departments, Lost many sales because of this.

You have turned this company into the run them through the ringer... What you have created is to have one poster sales rep that all others will strive to be. If you cannot achieve this status which many do not they will kick you to the curb...

Worked for ADP? Contribute to the Community!