ADP

Updated Jul 30, 2014

3.5 1,695 reviews

ADP CEO Carlos A. Rodriguez

Carlos A. Rodriguez

Pros
  • Decent work-life balance unless you want to move into higher management (in 114 reviews)

• You're able to work from home remotely in case of something like bad weather or illness (in 39 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is compromised due to unrealistic workloads (in 36 reviews)

• Upper management wants massive productivity in areas they no longer understand (in 34 reviews)

More Highlights
1,695 Employee Reviews

my experience was great with ADP I enjoyed what I did there and wish family matters didn't happen that had me leave ADP.

Imaging Specialist (Former Employee) Florence, SC

ProsBenefits, pay, people were great to work with.

ConsHave to keep your mind on your work.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy promotions were great there I did advance a few times and was help to other departments as well as I could be of help.

It is an amazing company I love it working here.simply amazing

ProsCustomers re great. food is great. amazing workers. we are simply the best. wouldnt wokr anywbre else

Consno cons. its amazing. will work here forever

Overall the work environment and office culture is ok, but can be improved. People are helpful and friendly.

Insurance Service Representative (Current Employee) Florham Park, NJ

ProsThere are many perks as an employee and access to health related services on-site, which is free. Also the company promotes health and wellness.

ConsYou are monitored throughout your entire work day, since most work is computer based. There was limited training available and one had to seek for assistance and rely on help from team members in the unit.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would recommend that managers be clear and concise on job roles. Most are not clear on the tasks that should be performed by their staff, rather they just delegate and there is no clarity on what exactly is expected by the employee.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great co-workers, little room for advancement due to politics

Associate Insurance Account Executive (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsFun environment due to younger crowd at my former office. Rewarded with extra perks for doing well such as lunches, happy hours, and gift cards. Very relaxed policy for employee to employee interactions. No need to be politically correct and can say anything as long as you don't directly offend another co-worker, which was quite hard to do.

ConsCalling leads that have been contacted many times from other ADP associates made it a hard selling environment. Time off was discouraged due to monthly quotas so if you weren't ahead of plan management would give you a hard time about using your earned PTO. Low growth opportunities due limited management spots available

Advice to Senior ManagementShare the good leads with more people instead of the favorites. Hard work is somewhat appreciated but you get more by being the best friend of your manager or being the squeaky wheel and demanding them. Offer raises before people put in their two week notice and try to save them once they've already decided to move on to a better paying opportunity.

Avoid "Major Accounts" Division in Alpharetta for Software Development

Applications Developer (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsCompensation and benefits are great. The ability to work remotely is a huge benefit. Company policies are refreshingly progressive.

ConsGetting things done is next to impossible due to the need to coordinate among multiple groups with different priorities and kingdom building. NJ dictates how things are done, usually in a bass-ackwards way. Senior leaders (esp. NJ) are aggressive, condescending, and micromanaging. New ideas and changes are not valued. Recognition is only given to a few star players. Fixing problems requires jumping through many hoops, causing apathy to flourish.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to delegate and trust your team; micromanagement is demeaning. Make it easier to fix obvious problems in the software; agile processes aren't a universal solution. More recognition of the soldiers in the trenches would make employees feel appreciated. Good ideas don't only come out of NJ.

ADP is great...if only I could change my manager.

Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) Augusta, GA

ProsADP is a great company as whole with awesome benefits and salary.

ConsMy management team is seriously lacking professionalism and guidance.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease do better. The people you manage are a reflection of you so treat them like they are human beings.

Slow, Steady, Stuck

Vice President (Current Employee) Roseland, NJ

ProsStable company; solid business; polite and professional

ConsHard to move the dial; passive aggressive culture; public company but run more like a small gang

Advice to Senior ManagementLook outside the box; refrain from analysis paralysis to resolve to the status quo. Shake up your board; shake up your management; create transparency across your organizatoin

Great job if you don't have a life outside of work.

Payroll Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsPay is decent, office is clean and you are provided with all the tools needed for the job, benefits start upon hire. I enjoy how close I've gotten with my co workers, your team becomes like a family.

ConsOkay so I've got a lot of problems with ADP. First of all the management is ridiculous, it's so political you seriously have to be in your management's clique in order to be treated like a human being. They micromanage EVERY little thing you do. I'm talking timing breaks, checking your browsing history, and treating you like you are a 5 year old child. I've complained to directors and HR about the management and have gotten no where. The company hires you on and throws a thousand training classes at you for onboarding with a near impossible deadline to actually retain information, then expect you to just be perfect and figure it out. God forbid you make a mistake because let me tell you it will go all the way up to senior management and end with your job being threatened in a 1 on 1 meeting. The schedule is ludicrous you never know how long you will be at work, It could be 8 hours, it could be 16. I have stayed the night in the office before because by the time we were done it was 4 in the morning and needed to start work again at 6am. If you have animals, or children you can bet they won't see you anymore. Everything is about stats and client surveys, when the client isn't happy instead of talking to employees and finding out why things aren't working and why we aren't productive they just shame you for not being up to standards and ride you until you finally do what they want. You sign your life away to this company and they could give a rats behind whether you succeed or quit. I was promised complete support in being promoted and promised to be allowed the time to take necessary classes and tests to get to that point. Everytime I have applied to take my FPC exam and paid the 400 dollars to enroll, time comes for me to leave my desk at 4pm for the study group and I'm told no because there is work to be done. I feel like I'm walking on egg shells all day long, you never know who you are going to make mad next. I have NEVER in my life seen so many adults crying on the job! I mean people literally are so stressed out they sit at their desks and cry like babies. How is that okay?! If you like to be treated like garbage, overworked, threatened, and micromanaged for a somewhat decent salary of 40-70k a year then this is the place for you!

Advice to Senior ManagementWe are humans people, please understand we have children at home waiting for us. We have dogs that haven't gone to the bathroom since 6am. Everyone tries so hard to make things run smoothly and we receive to gratitude what so ever. management NEEDS to be figured out with this company.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Stable Job, You wont get Rich here.

ProsStable environment, Company keeps a lot of Cash on hand, which allows it to weather Financial Storms and market crashes very well.

ConsIt can be very easy to get "stale" lots of proprietary software makes transferring skills and staying current a separate outside of work task. Pretty Stale / Dry Culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more cutting edge, be willing to take risks on something rather than solely focusing on financials.

Associate District Manager

ProsFlexible schedule, if you meet your numbers you can do as you please.

ConsA lot of red tape, door to door sales.

Worked for ADP? Contribute to the Community!