ADP

3.5
1,795 Reviews

ADP CEO Carlos A. Rodriguez
Carlos A. Rodriguez

Pros
  • Decent work-life balance unless you want to move into higher management (in 114 reviews)

• You're able to work from home remotely in case of something like bad weather or illness (in 39 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is compromised due to unrealistic workloads (in 36 reviews)

• Upper management wants massive productivity in areas they no longer understand (in 34 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Company

Current Employee - OIC  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - OIC in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at ADP full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Strong financial position. Flexible work environment. ADP stresses work / life balance. The Manager I worked for was top notch.

Cons

Long hours at times. Some of the tasks required are not allotted enough hours to complete.

Former Employee-Digital Solutions Manager

I worked at ADP full-time for more than a year

Pros

High compensation for star performers, including stock, bonus, amazing President's Club trips. Tremendous upward mobility within the organization. Great management for sales teams.

Cons

Fairly low base salary but competitive to other large public companies. Monthly quota for sales became ridiculous and was actually cut back because no one could achieve the increased load.

Pushed me to my limits ina good way. Helped me realize my goals and drove me to success.

Current Employee - Regional Sales Executive  in  Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Executive in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at ADP full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Excellent company for training and travel if you enjoy being on the road.

Cons

Leadership had some good points, but overall the upper management were condescending and so focused on the bottom line that your opinions and your personal life always took a back seat to their needs. I guess to be expected in a publicly traded company.

Realize you are only as good as the people you have working for you and since we do 80% of the work, you need to listen better and provide support which will ensure your employees stay on the job longer than they are today. Too much turnover is not good for any company.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

ADP 2014 Summer Internship

Current Employee - App Tier Administration  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - App Tier Administration in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at ADP as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The company has a great and diverse atmosphere. Despite my title as an "Intern", I was treated with the same level of respect that an employee with tenure is given. My supervisor was very approachable and and I was often given meaning work which made my experience a great practical learning experience. They also had many "Talk with a Leader" sessions which had the company's higher ups talk about their past experiences and giving advice on anything from life to navigating Corporate America.

Cons

As with any large global companies, your team is split between various locations which means you have to have phone/web meetings to accommodate for the various timezones. The meetings really get tiring after a while.

Well run Fortune 500 company

Current Employee - Vantage Consultant
    Current Employee - Vantage Consultant

I have been working at ADP full-time for more than a year

Pros

Opportunities to learn. Opportunities to interact with other companies

Cons

Fortune 500 company. At times, a 'learn as you go' environment. Sell it, then support it.

Technology/Innovation really really progressing here

Current Employee - District Sales Manager National Accounts Services  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - District Sales Manager National Accounts Services in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at ADP full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The people! Our technology has finally caught up and is surpassing that of many thought of as leaders in that area. Coupled with the process support (tax,pay,benefits admin,FSA,cobra,401k,screening,tax incentives) surrounding the technology I think ADP has a VERY promising future and the most complete, unified service/solution offering in the market; by far. Finally!

Cons

ADP is very focused on shareholder return and I think sometimes we suffer from a lack of resources because of it.

Continue w the Innovation. Keep the business consultants taken care of compensation wise

Innovative collaboration with diverse leaders in a financially stable global Fortune 500 corporation

Current Employee - Senior Director  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at ADP full-time for more than a year

Pros

ADP has many leaders with diverse backgrounds and experience that are always willing to integrate new solutions into the overall strategy. There is a lot of career growth internally in tech, sales, service, and HR. You have the ability to get to know and learn from leadership online and offline. In some roles, you can work from home.

Cons

If you are not ethical and live the company's values, you will not last long at ADP. It is important to have the ability to build relationships that drive results. We are starting to build the infrastructure to truly be "One ADP" on a global scales vs. being U.S. centric.

Continue to be proactive with teams and sharing our strategy on a global scale - the town halls and internal communication channels are very valuable.

AWESOME COMPANY AND CULTURE

Former Employee - SBS District Manager  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - SBS District Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at ADP full-time

Pros

The sales training is the best and can be related to any product tangible or intangible.

Cons

You have to take ahold of your career path within the company and not give up on your vision.

The future of outsourcing

I have been working at ADP full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great training, dedicated people, appreciate tenure and knowledge, pay well

Cons

Big company takes some time to get acclimated

Communication may be a little broad need to get more

Benefits Representative

Former Employee - Benefits Representative  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Benefits Representative in Charlotte, NC

I worked at ADP as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Excellent company. A lot of room for growth. Great benefits and excellent pay. Good training program.

Cons

There's nothing challenging about ADP. The Benefits Representative and Enrollment Specialist positions are has potential growth and advancement.

Licensed Life, Health and Accident Insurance Agents performs many for the same duties as ADP's Benefits Representative and Enrollment Specialists . With so many companies using Enrollment Companies to enroll their employees into their core benefits, ADP should consider hiring Licensed Life, Health and Accident Agents who is seeking long-term employment.

Worked for ADP? Contribute to the Community!