ADP

3.5
1,989 Reviews

ADP CEO Carlos A. Rodriguez
Carlos A. Rodriguez

Pros
  • ADP is a solid organization Work/Life balance - getting to work from home (in 155 reviews)

• You're able to work from home remotely in case of something like bad weather or illness (in 58 reviews)

Cons
  • What your work/life balance looks like depends on the position held within the company (in 50 reviews)

• Upper Management is lacking, need to bridge the gap from Management to employees (in 42 reviews)

More Highlights

Soon 2 Be...Former Employee and EXCITED! - Resource

Current Employee - Payroll Service Representative in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Payroll Service Representative in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at ADP

Pros

It's a steady PAY CHECK...anything else? Ummmm no!

Cons

Where should I began? So this is SPECIFICALLY for Resource::: No flexibilty, business model doesn't make sense (how can you want assigned representatives and be a call center at the same time?) - that doesn't make sense. Rules are constantly changing - no real standard because it's "flexible" depending on the person. But hey numbers speak for themselves, more people have quit in the last year than my entire time there. What's the turnover now? Like almost 35-40% LOL. Retention for your employees isn't looking too good...STAY AWARE FROM THAT BUSINESS UNIT!

You seriously need to value your employees more. Stop playing like you are not aware and figure out a plan!

No work/life balance, extremely long hours, no structure

I have been working at ADP

Pros

Good benefits, fair pay (but not excellent), nice coworkers

Cons

Long hours, limited career growth potential, poor training/support, lack of structure

Listen to employee feedback, listen to client feedback, fully weigh impact of decisions/changes before implementing them

Mixed feelings about ADP

Current Employee - Client Support Specialist in Florham Park, NJ
    Current Employee - Client Support Specialist in Florham Park, NJ

I have been working at ADP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

ADP is a great company to have on your resume. The benefits are great, especially the amount of time off that is provided.

Cons

In my department there is very little room for advancement. It is also not re-assuring that all jobs for postings for my department are outsourced to El Paso, TX or the Philippines.

Get your act together and get rid of internal politics. Listening to the associate survey would also benefit us. I haven't see anything done internally as a result of the survey for the past 3 years.

Spend Money To Make Money

Current Employee - Service Delivery Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Service Delivery Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at ADP full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company is stable and is in no danger of vanishing. Layoffs are minimal and there are amazing people with a vast amount of knowledge to work with, and all are happy to help out where you may be lacking in procedure, law, or best practice.

Cons

If you accept a job negotiate your salary like crazy!! What you start at will most likely be pretty close to what you end at. Unless you are in payroll - there isn't a lot of opportunity to move or advance. Most of the management has been here for 20+ years and they aren't going anywhere any time soon. If you do AMAZING on your yearly evaluation, you get about 3%. If you do average on your yearly review you will get about 3%. If you are lower than that, you'll probably get an improvement plan, or fired.

ADP has wonderful people - but they are extremely tight-fisted. Everything is on a scale. Instead of giving local management the power to promote and reward their people, it's all based on scales.

Not everything can be managed on a scale. A paygrade change should not have a standard increase/decrease that cannot be changed. It seems like the salary you are hired at will forever dominate what you can/will get paid, no matter how you move.

New products take time, and they take money. We continually get told that we can't expect increases or anything more than what we have (salary/facility/benefits/etc) until we can show our division is profitable. But sales is told to sell, sell, sell, and undercut. Then we are blamed for not being higher on the profitability scale - and our funding is cut and our resources are cut and everyone is expected to do more with less until we can register higher. But this is all cyclical! Without people, without development, without better options, we cannot provide the service that is being sold. Because of this, people leave. You can dump a fortune into R&D and be the best and being in the negative until you are the standard - or you can cut it cheap and provide "ok service" for a cheap price and be a nice mid-level product. But you can't have both - you can't be the "standard" without forking out the investment and taking the hit for a few years.

I love ADP, but I'm frustrated, and it feels like employees are taking the blame of managements poor mistakes and impossible expectations.

ADM job is a great entry level opportunity

Former Employee - SBS Associate District Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - SBS Associate District Manager in Cleveland, OH

I worked at ADP full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The training you receive with this company is second to no experience Ive ever had. Excellent corporate training and team atmosphere. Investing one day per week in office sharpening skills. Positive competition team atmosphere.

Cons

This job is for the entry level sales candidate. A more seasoned sales professional will have a hard time with the pay structure. Takes time to build business and start earning commission. The base pay is low usually for a ADM. Be prepared to put a ton of miles on your car. Your territory is based on need of company and has nothing to do with location of where you live. My transit to and from office and back home daily averaged 75 miles per day. Have an extra vehicle you will drive a lot.

Consider keeping the playing field even for all staff. I felt that the favorite role was played too often. Politics shouldn't play part in whats sold as a remarkable career opportunity. The opportunity should be equal and fair for everyone. Territories shouldn't be assigned based on how you think the performance will be in certain areas. should be even and fair for everyone. Each rep should have the opportunity sale in every territory.

Neutral ...

Former Employee - Small Business Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Small Business Specialist in Chicago, IL

I worked at ADP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Support system among the region was great.

Cons

career growth is limited.

Listen to your employees a tad bit more

Not Sure Direction Company is Headed

Current Employee - District Manager in Roseland, NJ
    Current Employee - District Manager in Roseland, NJ

I have been working at ADP full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good work life balance if you are in the right department.
    Associates and colleagues truly are good people and try their best to accommodate client needs.

Cons

The company wants to focus on Human Resource Capital - yet it continues to downsize all departments laying off terrific and well talented "human resource capital". Not clear what direction the company is going. Top talent is leaving for other opportunities, not a good sign.

Focus on your own internal "human resource capital"

Nice place to work - could use more communication and transparency.

Current Employee - Systems Engineer
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer

I have been working at ADP full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

They are very flexible with work schedules and time off.
    Good software products for clients.
    Ability to work from home when needed.
    C level positions seem to be doing the right things - hopefully those ideals will trickle down through mid-level mgmt.

Cons

Lack of communication from upper management.
    Growth opportunities are lacking - you have your box and pretty much can't do anything outside of it.
    Right now - I don't have a career path. My current position limits my ability to learn or try new things. Without learning, I'm not able to gain the skills required for another position. I've been teaching myself by reading and watching videos.
    Decisions are handed down - more often than not, without reasoning or any explanation as to why.

Trust your people to make good decisions.
    Trust our ability to execute great solutions and to existing problems.
    Listen to your people - they have great ideas - we all want better outcomes and better experiences for our clients!!

Great place to work. Fun work environment with a lot of learning opportunities.

Current Employee - Intern in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Intern in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at ADP full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great company to learn from, and there are plenty of full-time options available after internship is over.

Cons

There are no cons, just needed to put something.

Keep up the great work.

Big company, good benefits, great experience

Current Employee - SBS District Manager in Allentown, PA
    Current Employee - SBS District Manager in Allentown, PA

I have been working at ADP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits, uncapped commission, company paid trips, a good amount of PTO that you receive day 1 of employment. Overall, a good place to work especially if you are coming out of college and need a "big boy job".

Cons

Constant changes to keep up with competition, big company with lots of departments which makes it a difficult to get answers to simple questions sometimes.

A little heavier emphasis in properly training employees, mentorship is nice, but without a good mentor, the mentee is subject to under perform as a result of improper guidance.