ADT Security Services

ADT Security Services Reviews

Updated Jul 6, 2014

ADT Security Services CEO Naren Gursahaney

Naren Gursahaney

Pros:
  • "There's a 401(k) matched by the company, and pretty good benefits"
    in 51 reviews
  • "Paid time off is given in less than one year, great benefits, all different shifts available"
    in 31 reviews
Cons:
  • "The big guys have found ways to keep cutting pay on the sales reps"
    in 33 reviews
  • "Commission pay - you're told salary plus, door to door knocking - you'll be told appointment only"
    in 14 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

ADT HR recruiters do a poor job seeking valid candidates

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLarge company -benefits good people

ConsHigh degree of candidate competencies, yet ADT seems to ignore the skills and business back ground of candidates to provide the adherence to business strategies

Advice to Senior ManagementCounsel your HR recruiters and make them more aware of what a good candidate looks like

Small Business Rep

Small Business Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    San Diego, CA

ProsThe best thing about working at ADT is that customers recognize the company and brand. It's nice not to have to educate customers on a cold call what the company does.

ConsThe training is poor. There are multiple products and types of security designs and you are basically left to figure it out on your own. The training wage is poor (like getting minimum wage for only 2 months) then you are commission only. You have to stay on top of commissions paid - I found multiple errors. The mileage system is only approved for cars newer than 2006 so the standard mileage doesn't come close to paying for even the fuel costs.

Advice to Senior Management1. Have more than 1 manager for a sales team of 13. 2. Spend a little money on the office and IT structure for the office. 3. Have a better, longer training period for new sales hires.

It's no wonder that they were voted one of the worst companies to work for in 2014.

Call Center (Current Employee)
    Jacksonville, FL

ProsThe benefits of working full time are great. FMLA, short term disability, 40 hours sick leave right as you start, and 2 weeks vacation. Hourly pay as well as commission based.

ConsThey just keep adding onto your job description without an hourly pay raise. They add "mandatory" overtime to your schedule and don't ask you. It's literally as mandatory as it gets. Forget about your home life or anything else you do. The work/life balance is totally shifted. The amount of workers in the call center complaining of stress from the work load is increasingly ridiculous. The morale is down, and no one ever say "I want to be here" or "I like working for ADT". The only thing that's said is "I don't want to take another call." "I don't want to be here." "This job sucks." Calls are always being routed to the wrong departments and with the call center employees having to make "stats" every month in fear of being written up or gaining 'points' which can eventually lead to termination, the stress load is even heftier.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust because you want your employees to be over achievers doesn't mean we CAN be overachievers. Upping our stats to make us sell more on the phones is not going to make us sell more on the phones. Eventually your stats will get so high that you will be firing GOOD hard working employees.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Entry level sales opportunity, career track quickly dissapearing

Residential Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    Orlando, FL

Pros401k with decent match. You're going to learn the basics of sales.

ConsCompany is moving to a dealership setup. Very top heavy corporate structure. Benefits are sub par for a corporation it's size. You're greatest competition will come from your own company.

Advice to Senior ManagementEither keep and support the corporate sales force or disband it. Corporate sales reps should not have to worry about losing business to internal phone centers and 3rd party dealerships.

Sales rep

Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    JAX Beach, FL

ProsOpportunity and advancements options are constantly available. Earning potential is based on honing your craft. Commission is great.

ConsMaking sure you are a team player. The best sellers pick up very quick and don't need as much coaching. If you don't pick up quick you may get left behind. You can always ask for guidance. Lots of people complain, but it's usually those with no goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think they do the best they can, sometimes sellers can get lost due the fact teams are big. Most are very encouraging and will check on you from day to day keep that up. They have lots of managers who really care that's plus.

An ok job but very little pay.

Emergency Dispatch Operator (Former Employee)
    Kansas City, MO

ProsThe company was had a reasonable benefits package. The people were great and always willing to help.

ConsNo opportunity for advancement. No raises to speak of, only attendance bonuses. They completely gutted the benefits package. Upper management ignored good people and advancement was an urban legend.

Advice to Senior ManagementActually, watch the work of the employees and reward them.

Sales Rep

Sales Representative (Former Employee)
    Columbia, SC

ProsCommisson based - the sky is the limit

ConsPoor lead quality at times

Advice to Senior ManagementSure up leads for higher conversions

Residential Mass Market Sales is a challenging and rewarding job for a leader in the industry.

Residential Sales Representative (Former Employee)
    Morrisville, NC

ProsGreat management and sales team. New sales rep are offered a base plus commissions (as opposed to the 100% comm plan I was on) and a new mileage reimbursement program. They provide several lead generating options and tools.

ConsA lot of wear and tear on personal vehicle commuting 2000-3000 miles per month. Mileage reimbursement program is still inadequate although you can claim the deficiency on your year end taxes. Personal interaction with customers in their homes can present your own personal safety issues. If you do 401k company matching, you must remain with company for at least three years or the company contribution is retracted. Expect 12 hour days, 6 days a week to be successful. You need to do most of your work when people are home, evenings and weekends.

Advice to Senior ManagementField sales reps need to be geo-located for personal safety. My safety on the road and in homes was always a concern. Mileage and vehicle maintenance costs during the more challenging winter months eventually broke me. I couldn't afford to safely maintain my vehicle.

The company has a lot of potential

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosin the midst of big changes provides opportunities

ConsThe changes can cause a lot of anguish as well.

Advice to Senior Managementnone

A great start to my career

Technical Support/Field Support ATS (Former Employee)
    Rochester, NY

ProsPaid time off is given in less than one year, great benefits, all different shifts available.

ConsVery strict, everything is monitored, but if you do your job right you will have no problems.

Worked for ADT Security Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ADT Security Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ADT Security Services CEO Naren Gursahaney. All 579 reviews posted anonymously by ADT Security Services employees.