ADT Security Services

ADT Security Services Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

ADT Security Services CEO Naren Gursahaney

Naren Gursahaney

Pros
  • Good benefits, make your own schedule, not require to come into office everyday(in 53 reviews)

• Used to be great benefits but nothing good to say anymore(in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • The big guys have found ways to keep cutting pay on the sales reps(in 34 reviews)

• Commission pay - you're told salary plus, door to door knocking - you'll be told appointment only(in 14 reviews)

Sales

Sales Representative (Former Employee) South Houston, TX

ProsGood training. Good pay and benefits.

ConsLong hours. Weekends. Need to have higher pay outs.

Advice to Senior ManagementEstablish base salary atleast for one year.

An ok job but very little pay.

Emergency Dispatch Operator (Former Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsThe company was had a reasonable benefits package. The people were great and always willing to help.

ConsNo opportunity for advancement. No raises to speak of, only attendance bonuses. They completely gutted the benefits package. Upper management ignored good people and advancement was an urban legend.

Advice to Senior ManagementActually, watch the work of the employees and reward them.

ADT SINKING

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsSubcontractors and techs making extra money on the side using ADT parts. Sales people's and mangers giving customers everything free just to get the customer locked into a 3 year contract

ConsA challenge working for ADT is using up vacation time and sick time going on job interviews

Advice to Senior ManagementStop ripping the customers off

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

horrible and cares nothing about their employees!

Prosco workers that have been there a while are amazing but falling like flies. Office is beautiful with a Starbucks downstairs on the Mainstreet and a very nice cafeteria with discounts, etc...

Consleadership does not care about employees. All upper management is brand new, none of which know anything about security or connected home or anything else for that matter. All are bringing in buds instead of qualified professionals. stay away, you won't last even if they choose you.

Advice to Senior Managementplease stop ruining the lives of your dedicated employees.

Typical revolving door sales culture.

Small Business Sales Representative (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsDecent starting salary.
    Decent bonus program for high volume sales.
    Quality sales training program.

ConsManager demand sales even when customer only wants info or price comparison.
    High turnover rate.
    Lots of paperwork which needs to be filled out perfectly, otherwise you will get attitude from data entry and process is stalled.
    Constant harassment from management making sure you are working.
    Product isn't as good as advertised.
    Installers can screw up the install, costing you a sale.
    Lots of driving to meet potential customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit complaining about the sales people and focus on quality of the product and service of install. Help the sales force close sales and you probably won't have such a high turnover rate.

Sales rep

Sales Representative (Current Employee) JAX Beach, FL

ProsOpportunity and advancements options are constantly available. Earning potential is based on honing your craft. Commission is great.

ConsMaking sure you are a team player. The best sellers pick up very quick and don't need as much coaching. If you don't pick up quick you may get left behind. You can always ask for guidance. Lots of people complain, but it's usually those with no goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think they do the best they can, sometimes sellers can get lost due the fact teams are big. Most are very encouraging and will check on you from day to day keep that up. They have lots of managers who really care that's plus.

bad custumer care and services.

Small Business Sales Representative (Current Employee) El Paso, TX

Proslarge company, well stablish. good acceptance for the new customers.

Consbad custumer care and services.

Advice to Senior Managementshe was ok, but at the end, it was all about numbers no about the customer.

Productivity specialist

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Rochester, NY

ProsThe benefits start really quick once your hired, and there are opportunities for growth if your lucky.

ConsThere is vary little work life balance. Trying to take a vacation is next to impossible and to make it worst. Your vacation time is taking away. Once the new year starts. The pay horrible, and management will always place other department work on you. No accountability on who does what, all issues or error are your fault. Even if you weren't working at the time of the error or problem.

Advice to Senior ManagementForcing your employees to have to use there sick days in order to get a day off is not right. Then after there sick days are used up, you can't get a vacation day to go threw. To make matters work at the end of the year you take all vacation time back if we didn't use them. Then you write us up cause we call out sick, because we want to use or vacation time earn, and all of our sick days were used up.

I enjoy working at ADT

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Brookfield, WI

ProsThe benefits are top in the industry. It is a very rewarding career that I have enjoyed for a long time

ConsNone This company is doing a great job getting new equipment and helping support front line employee's

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep pushing the technology

Sales Rep

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Columbia, SC

ProsCommisson based - the sky is the limit

ConsPoor lead quality at times

Advice to Senior ManagementSure up leads for higher conversions

Worked for ADT Security Services? Contribute to the Community!