ADT Security Services

ADT Security Services Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

ADT Security Services CEO Naren Gursahaney

Naren Gursahaney

Pros
  • Good benefits, make your own schedule, not require to come into office everyday(in 53 reviews)

• Used to be great benefits but nothing good to say anymore(in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • The big guys have found ways to keep cutting pay on the sales reps(in 34 reviews)

• Commission pay - you're told salary plus, door to door knocking - you'll be told appointment only(in 14 reviews)

Residential Mass Market Sales is a challenging and rewarding job for a leader in the industry.

Residential Sales Representative (Former Employee) Morrisville, NC

ProsGreat management and sales team. New sales rep are offered a base plus commissions (as opposed to the 100% comm plan I was on) and a new mileage reimbursement program. They provide several lead generating options and tools.

ConsA lot of wear and tear on personal vehicle commuting 2000-3000 miles per month. Mileage reimbursement program is still inadequate although you can claim the deficiency on your year end taxes. Personal interaction with customers in their homes can present your own personal safety issues. If you do 401k company matching, you must remain with company for at least three years or the company contribution is retracted. Expect 12 hour days, 6 days a week to be successful. You need to do most of your work when people are home, evenings and weekends.

Advice to Senior ManagementField sales reps need to be geo-located for personal safety. My safety on the road and in homes was always a concern. Mileage and vehicle maintenance costs during the more challenging winter months eventually broke me. I couldn't afford to safely maintain my vehicle.

The training was very thorough. They are very encouraging.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere are a lot of advancement opportunities.

ConsI was told during my interview that it was a customer service position. Once I was hired and began training it was changed to outbound sales rep (telemarketing ). I thought this was very deceiving since I don't do phone Sales and would have never gone through the interview process. I guess that's why they do it.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember where you began. Encourage those that are where you were.

Sales

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Aguada, PR

ProsGreat job , If you want to speak and sales

ConsSome frustation when no complete the goals

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Good, but...

Field Support Center Tech Support 1+ (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsPlenty of Training and opportunity for advance, decent pay, Work gets easier with time, Very Flexible.

ConsCompany needs to step up with their systems, they cannot expect to cover all of the US and Canada, when systems go down weekly, slowing down the whole process. Not a major issue as someone that worked for an IT department before, I understand that bugs and things of that nature happen, but ADT needs a little more quality in order to exceed expectations.

Operations Support Manager

Operations Support Manager (Current Employee) New Orleans, LA

ProsHealth benefits were great. Other benefits like PC purchase programs or employee perks were good.

ConsManagement training and corporate support lacked.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your employees. Only then will they take care of you.

Not for everyone. but hey if you have the drive & personality to do door to door sales, you might go far.

Assistant to Marketing Director (Former Employee) Mesa, AZ

ProsGood group of guys working at a new office willing to help you grow your sales pitch and be a better employee.

Fair commission based compensation

Good bonuses, do well get rewarded.

ConsIts Door To Door Sales.

Its commission only if your an outbound sales rep. so no sales=no $$$

Kinda of a Frat house mentality around the office. especially with the more higher ups

Only 1 Day Off the whole week for newbies

Generally knocking doors untill 8'o'clock at night.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of doing cold sales why not set up an office where people who want a home security system can come in on their own time and talk to a sales rep.

Implement a different style of advertising local offices and allow people to call their office, & have the ability to schedule an interview with a sales rep at their house instead of doing all cold calls.

ADT appears to have been successful by default

Residential Sales Representative (Former Employee) West Palm Beach, FL

ProsI worked in Sales. By the time I left there were no perks. I worked there for 5 years and each year they took away more perks, lowered commissions and increased job duties.

ConsNo communication or cohesion between departments. They all pass the buck. Nobody within, especially managment, takes responsibility or goes the extra mile to help a customer. Customers ultimately suffer by doing business with this company. Billing is 99% sure to be messed up to the point where customers are blowing your phone up at all hours of the night because nobody in ADT will help them. Even the billing department tells customers to call their sales people even when it's billing dept's fault. So incredibly micro-managed.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake responsibility, coach your reps to better themselves. Return their phonecalls when they need help. to run from or ignore customer problems. It's your job to get involved!! Fight the corporate machine and stop micro managing reps. You dont pay them a salary or an hourly! Let them sell.

Typical Call Center Experience

Emergency Dispatch Operator (Former Employee) West Henrietta, NY

ProsGreat benefits, good salary, and most people were good to work with.

ConsSome unnecessary high school level drama, even from the older employees

Overworked, underappreciated.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAt first you think there are a lot, and you think you are making all kinds of friends. Then you realize they are not your friends. There are no Pros, except maybe free t-shirts.

Consbackstabbing left and right, managers accusing you of doing things you didn't do. One person might magically get 5 weeks of vacation after only being there 2 years, when you might have to work 10 years to get that.

Advice to Senior Managementget a clue. get involved with the employees. They talk a big talk, but that is it.

Work hard and get rewarded for marketing an important service from a great company

Director of Operations (Current Employee) Chandler, AZ

ProsWork hard and get rewarded. The owners are fair with everyone. They hired a lot of college students for the Sales Position and they offered flexible hours for those who required it.

ConsAs with most sales jobs, it is a very competitive market and you need to be resilient to succeed.

Advice to Senior ManagementI was in management, so this one does not apply too well to me.

Worked for ADT Security Services? Contribute to the Community!