ADT Security Services

ADT Security Services Reviews

Updated Jul 6, 2014

ADT Security Services CEO Naren Gursahaney

Naren Gursahaney

Pros:
  • "There's a 401(k) matched by the company, and pretty good benefits"
    in 51 reviews
  • "Paid time off is given in less than one year, great benefits, all different shifts available"
    in 31 reviews
Cons:
  • "The big guys have found ways to keep cutting pay on the sales reps"
    in 33 reviews
  • "Commission pay - you're told salary plus, door to door knocking - you'll be told appointment only"
    in 14 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

ADT red tape

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEstablished company that's been around for over 100 years. Nation and worldwide appeal.

ConsThe pay is horrible and all the frustrating red tape that comes with a old huge company come with it.

Advice to Senior ManagementPAY MORE!!!! Your pay sucks!

It's been just ok

ProsADT you have the Flexibility
    You get a good commission
    Set your own hours
    The benefits they are nice
    You can make a decent amount

ConsDo not call list
    Disposition detail
    commission only
    No paid vacation for the first year... really?
    Installers can cost you jobs

Advice to Senior ManagementGet somebody to go through gryphon that all they do is disposition

Order Entry Processor

Processor I Contract Services Order Entry (Former Employee)
    Jacksonville, FL

ProsBenefits: Health insurance, 401k, employee discount with other companies, etc.

Overtime: There is pretty much almost always overtime. The only time I feel there wasn't any available was for about 2 weeks. Maximum hours of work in one day allowed is 12 hours unless there's an extreme business need.

Transfers: There's always somewhere to transfer to if you decide to move to another state, most of these would be sales. There are some customer care centers available in several states.

Casual dress: Casual dress is allowed everyday unless there is a corporate visit.

Job security: ADT has been around for over a century, and have bought so many other companies that there is always work to be done. It's very rare to find someone with a part time position, and they're always hiring.

ConsTraining: I would describe it as mediocre. They don't give you enough time to fully learn and feel somewhat comfortable with the material before you are thrown to take calls. A few people from my training class quit before finishing because of the overwhelming amount of information they need to learn and said it wasn't worth the pay. It just seems like they want to give you half-crud training and have you take calls ASAP not caring how high quality the call will be, just to help with the service levels.

Pay: I can't speak for myself because of my experience working there I got lucky with my salary, so I couldn't complain about my pay especially being in the bilingual team. Most others complain that the pay is not worth what we went through. Customer care centers used to have bonuses, but it got taken away a couple of months ago. They tried to make it up with a bonus loss raise, but even if you banked 100% of your bonuses for months straight, the raise still isn't even close to the amount you've made maxing your bonus.

Workload: It's great to have job security, but it seems like they keep throwing more and more skills for you to work on and still pay you the same. It does really get overwhelming when you're constantly getting calls back to back and then get more kinds of calls added to you.

Raises: They suck. On average, you'll get 50¢ or so a year. Bilingual diferential is only 50¢ more. Other companies pay you $1 or more for speaking another language. The shift diferential is appreciated when you actually have a shift that is eligible. The raise on that is 10% of your base pay.

Communication: Communication with managers is ridiculous. One manager tells you one answer on how to handle a situation, while another manager tells you something completely different. Even the procedures are not followed all the time because they tell you it's about to be updated in a week or so. So because you're following instructions, you can get marked off on your call audits because you didn't follow according to the procures on the internal site. You're screwed either way. When you have a manager call, they seem to disappear at the perfect time, so it's like you look like a chicken with your head cut off trying to find someone and that upsets the customer even more. And if you do find one, they always hesitate on taking the calls by asking you if you spoke through chat, a team lead, or offered to help even when the customer demands to speak to a manager. There were only a couple of people who always took the calls with no problem.

Management: Be careful who you you consider a nice supervisor or manager because a lot of them are two faced. I learned that the ultimately hard way. They claim that you're part of their family, but totally ignore you when you need help or when you are trying to give them suggestions on how to handle our customers better. Then when you take matters into your own hands and help customers the best you can, you'll get in trouble for doing too much for them, even though we are supposed to be "customer obsessed" . There are also favoritism and too much gossiping. The place can feel like a soap opera with all this drama going on.

Policies change all the time and they don't even give us time to review the updates in the beginning of our shifts because they want us to auto in and take calls the first second we log into our phones. Either that or they'll let us know about new procedures days after it became into effect and it hurts our quality scores and also looks like we are not following procedure.

Mandatory schedule changes: This goes for customer care centers like monitoring, sales, field support and billing. Every 6 months, you will be forced to pick a new shift according to business needs and it's based on your stats. It you end up with a horrible schedule, you can either trade with someone, or suck it up because you will either have to transfer, quit, or get fired. Forget your personal life. You have to live around ADT's needs first. Hopefully they'll remove this dumb requirement.

I know it sounds like a lot of cons, but I actually did love working for the company. I never dreaded going to work ever, and I loved helping my customers. I was just being super critical about all the bad things that happen there. As long as you go to work and do your job and try not get tangled in the drama, you'll be fine.

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp us help customers by starting with your internal ones. Treat us like humans and not robots working all day everyday without any break between calls. We are supposed to be customer obsessed but it gets frown upon when we truly try because service levels and manager bonuses seem so much more important than how we treat our customers. That's why ADT has a bad rep about giving such horrible service.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Seems like the company is on downward spiral

Mass Market Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    Elmsford, NY

ProsGreat commission potential. A position that allows you to take time off when you need it.

ConsTerrible management and training. If you're not getting self generated sales, they will take you out of rotation instantly. Everything is split up by territory and depending on your territory, you can make a lot of money or no money at all. In my office, a couple people make very good money and many others are struggling

Advice to Senior ManagementDevote more time towards useful training.

Sales

Sales Representative (Former Employee)
    South Houston, TX

ProsGood training. Good pay and benefits.

ConsLong hours. Weekends. Need to have higher pay outs.

Advice to Senior ManagementEstablish base salary atleast for one year.

I enjoy working at ADT

Brookfield, WI

ProsThe benefits are top in the industry. It is a very rewarding career that I have enjoyed for a long time

ConsNone This company is doing a great job getting new equipment and helping support front line employee's

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep pushing the technology

ADT is NOT an employee friendly company.

Anonymous (Current Employee)
    West Springfield, VA

ProsGood benefits, make your own schedule, not require to come into office everyday

ConsThe new compensation plan, POC (Pay On Close) is beneficial to the company, not employees. A few months ago, we used to get paid half at time customer signed contract, and the othet half when job is installed. The new compensation plan, POC we do not get paid until job is closed. Since most od the installers quit because they chamged them from commission only to hourly; whuch cut thrir salary 50%, ot now takes 3 weeks to get paid. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND DO MOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY

Advice to Senior ManagementStop lying on the interview painting ADT as a good company to work for. Stop exaggerating the salary and be honest.

challemging

Prosperks discount money flexibility training

Constraining money time backward lack of being competitive

Horrible work experience

Prosflexible. got to do what i wanted when out in the field

Conspay pay pay pay pay pay

Sales rep small biz

ProsProvides tools and resources to set you up for success

ConsLiko most big corporations many grey areas

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove ustomer service and billing issues

Worked for ADT Security Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ADT Security Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ADT Security Services CEO Naren Gursahaney. All 579 reviews posted anonymously by ADT Security Services employees.