ADT Security Services

Updated September 18, 2014
2.4

ADT Security Services CEO Naren Gursahaney
Naren Gursahaney

Pros
  • Good benefits, make your own schedule, not require to come into office everyday (in 53 reviews)

• Used to be great benefits but nothing good to say anymore (in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • The big guys have found ways to keep cutting pay on the sales reps (in 34 reviews)

• Commission pay - you're told salary plus, door to door knocking - you'll be told appointment only (in 14 reviews)

More Highlights

Solid introductory sales job

Current Employee - Residential Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Residential Sales Representative

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time

Pros

Hard to make less than $45,00 if you make any effort. Can make up to $100,000 and more with a life dedicated to work. Most make between $60-80,000. Truly feel like you are helping some people.

Cons

Sales is often the last to know of changes...which works backwards being that we are the front line. Your commission is earned only after admin, technician, and install managers do their job correctly. If anyone is rude or makes an error, you can lose a chunk of change if the customer cancels through no fault of your own. Understood that your day starts at 7:30 and doesn't end until 8-9pm. Working on Saturdays and late night appointments and call nights can wear on a family. Security sales is a cutthroat industry

Allow more flexibility to the sales individual. Not everyone works well with SalesForce being shoved down our throat 24/7

ADT

Former Employee - Sales Manager  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

Lay off too often and keep the wrong people to get the job done

Keep the right people not who the VP's sleep with

"Sales very demanding with lackluster leads"

Former Employee - Small Business Sales Representative  in  Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Small Business Sales Representative in Anaheim, CA

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

The benefits are decent and you can make this work if you like working in a high-stress environment or love cold-calling. Other departments seemed to be satisfied with their positions.

Cons

Management was intense and micro-managed the sales team. Felt very oppressive yet some people were motivated by that management style - just not me.

Be more aware of your management's style and maybe, occasionally, take the temperature of the sales staff to see if there is a more positive way to create the desired results.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Have done everything, almost

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Somewhat good salary and good benefits

Cons

People with less skill and education will hold you back from getting promoted.

Please consider education a real quality, especially if there has been time taken for more than one degree.

Account Representative ii

Current Employee - Inbound Account Representative  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Inbound Account Representative in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits, paid time off, flexible schedule

Cons

Policies are inconsistent and always changing

Hard to make a living 100% commission

Current Employee - SB Sales  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - SB Sales in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

If you are not in outside sales, the benefits are great

Cons

Changes to oftern and it impacts the sales rep earnings, vacation time for a sales rep is $70 per day. Not worth going on vacation you get paid minimum wage or less.

Abundant in training!

Former Employee - Sales Pro  in  Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Sales Pro in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Training, training, training... ADT is great when it comes to opportunity to improve. 60k - 90k potential as commissioned sales professional, f your a worker.

Cons

60+ hours per week & 30k+ miles on your car per year. Senior management can be very counter productive.

Protect your commission only sales talent from busy micro managing Corporate "yes" men and woman. It will require rolling with the punches but key is to Keep the road clear of the corp slugs and your sales talent with keep everyone successful.

Good company overall

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time

Pros

Good pay, mandatory OT, stats are easy to balance if you're focused, benefits, plenty of options to move up, got promoted in under 6 months of working there.

Cons

Poor training, I went from basically an operator to a sales rep and all they did in training was show you how to navigate quoting and went through one powerpoint on the products. After 2 days of sales training they threw us on the floor and pretty much expected us to know everything. It gets easier but they say they want you to make the most money possible but don't even train properly.

Do something about sales training, for people like myself who has never been in sales, I could have benefitted from another DAY of training at least. 2 days is not enough to benefit the company at all, instead you have a bunch of confused reps and customers, then they wonder why were losing more customers than were gaining because no one is informing the backbone (sales reps) of this company.

I enjoy the challenge of hunting for new customers.

Current Employee - Small Business Sales Representative  in  Montgomery, AL
    Current Employee - Small Business Sales Representative in Montgomery, AL

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

some leads provided, great insurance benefits, cell phone allowance and .14 per mile towards gas

Cons

no guaranteed compensation, commission based only, no paid holiday pay, only get paid once job is installed.

Sales reps need guaranteed compensation.

ADT has given me the financial stability and ground work for an amazing career with the corporation!

Current Employee - Trainer  in  Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Trainer in Nashville, TN

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

ADT provides a very positive and healthy work environment. They offer amazing daily, weekly, and monthly bonuses and incentives. At the end of the day you know you're preventing bad things from happening to good people. It is very rewarding.

Cons

The cons I would consider working for the number one brand in the market, while our prices do provide the best service and guarantees that are available, smaller locally owned companies are able to provide inferior service for a much lower price. Humans don't want to think about what would happen in the event of ACTUALLY using the system.

Worked for ADT Security Services? Contribute to the Community!