ADT Security Services

Updated January 31, 2015
2.4

ADT Security Services CEO Naren Gursahaney
Naren Gursahaney

Pros
  • Good benefits, make your own schedule, not require to come into office everyday (in 58 reviews)

• Used to be great benefits but nothing good to say anymore (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • The lead flow seems to not be equally distributed to the sales reps at all (in 42 reviews)

• They treat you as if you were an salaried employee even though you are 100% commission (in 30 reviews)

More Highlights

Ok

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Sacramento, CA

I worked at ADT Security Services part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Easy company to get hired

Cons

Poor pay and poor management

area sales mngmt excellent everything above not so good

Former Employee - Adt Security Sales in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Adt Security Sales in Tempe, AZ

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

100% comm. harder you work, the more you make

Cons

too many bean counter in charge

pay comm in a more timely manner

If you can sell

Former Employee - Residential Resale Representative in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Residential Resale Representative in Memphis, TN

I worked at ADT Security Services

Pros

The name of the game is being able to set a lot of QUALITY appointments. Then it comes to just being able to sell.

Cons

Pressure to hit quota, being micromanaged.

Stop the pressure and approach the sales team as a mentor, not a drill instructor.

Dispatcher

Current Employee - Edo Operator in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Edo Operator in Irving, TX

I have been working at ADT Security Services

Pros

Easy job simple anyone can do it

Cons

No real advancement very repetitious

Micromanage a lot could trust employees more

Good Entry Level opportunity for call center work

I worked at ADT Security Services

Pros

Good medical benefits. Good starting job.

Cons

Tied to your desk. No autonomy.

Unfortunately....a good thing gone bad....

Current Employee - Residential Sales Representative in Gaithersburg, MD
    Current Employee - Residential Sales Representative in Gaithersburg, MD

I have been working at ADT Security Services

Pros

Yes. It's a big wonderful company, with good benefits, an average compensation plan. And that's where it all ends.

Cons

The sales model is old, raggedy and treacherous. They thrive on dysfunction and change. In this case, change isn't necessarily good. The market for their product and services are changing daily.
    Cable, home automation and the inevitable smart home despite builder relationships is going to hurt them. It's rated one of the worst company's to work for...for a reason.

As a ADT sales representative you don't have a life. It's all based off self generating leads and reoccurring monthly payment or the contractual agreement. Sell it. Sell it to a technology based investor, who understands the new economy.

Scheduler with ADT

I worked at ADT Security Services

Pros

There are none to report

Cons

I was "assigned" to ADT through an agency which I will NEVER work with again. The agency told me I would be trained by my supervisor for the first week. On the first day, I showed up 15 minutes early to work. My supervisor came in 30 minutes late. He spent all of 5 minutes with me and then handed me off to another TEMP employee to be "trained" by her. It is not the temp's job to train anyone. I had 2 days of so-called "training" and was put on the floor by myself. Then my supervisor got pissy because I was at his desk every 10 minutes asking questions because I didn't get the training I needed to be able to do the job WITHOUT asking questions every 10 minutes!
    Then, I was given a list of ADT extensions. The list was an entire page long and had about 50 different extension numbers on it. I had no idea what these extensions and their cryptic abbreviated names meant, nor was I told. I soon came to realize, after helping several customers with more than just scheduling needs, that it didn't matter what these extensions were for. No one at any extension had any idea what I did in scheduling, I had no idea what they did in their departments, and no one was going to help me with anything---which means they weren't going to help the customer either.
    ADT will not give any employee 2 days off in a row, at least not in the call center I worked at. I had Sundays and Tuesdays off. WTH?! Also, they decided it would be a great idea for scheduling to be open on Thanksgiving AND Christmas days. Who the hell needs a scheduler on Thanksgiving and Christmas?? Of course, the automatic dialer began calling people on Christmas day at about 0800. And it called people BACK to BACK. THIS WAS A HUGE MISTAKE, and the people who got to hear about it were the schedulers who had to take the calls. When we questioned our supervisor, she gave a blank, Stepford Wife stare and said, "We have to trust the decision of our managers." Why do I hear the theme from the Twilight Zone playing?!
    Bottom line: If you just HAVE TO work in a call center, find somewhere--ANYWHERE--else to be. This company is dreck.

Call in an air strike and start all over--or just get over yourselves and your insatiable greed.

Great love the company just don't care how they change the way they pay us now

Current Employee - Residential Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Residential Sales Representative

I have been working at ADT Security Services

Pros

Giving the consumer a great product and a piece of mind for their home

Cons

Install are a big challenge. If the install doesn't happen for whatever the reason the I have to wait to get paid

change the way they pay pay us include a base salary if we are going to be based on 100% close

Working for this employer should be your last resort.

Former Employee - Residential Resale Representative in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Residential Resale Representative in Columbia, MD

I worked at ADT Security Services

Pros

The I pad was a nice touch.

Cons

If you can tolerate unequal distribution of leads then this is the job for you. If you can tolerate total lack of leadership this is the Job for you. If you have the ability to be lead blindly and not question anything then this is your dream job. Run don't walk away from this company. If you can have the benefits that you signed on for and can watch them get taken away one by one from you then this is your dream Job. Good Luck

I enjoyed working for ADT in the beginning but overtime it became apparent they didn't care about customer service.

Former Employee - Residential Sales Representative in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Residential Sales Representative in Birmingham, AL

I worked at ADT Security Services

Pros

You are in control of how much money you make and the product you are selling is needed and wanted.

Cons

Management doesn't have a clue. Billing is very messed up. Customers are not the primary focus. Lack of qualified trainers in the local offices. Promoted based on who you know not what you know. That's the main reason so many reps fail within the organization. They don't have managers that are qualified for the position or that even care to be.

Appreciate the Salesforce and make customer service a #1 priority. It's far from that now regardless of what upper management would like to believe. Without a sales team there would be no need for any management positions. Hire qualified managers that have the ability to train reps and show reps how to become successful not just talk to them about it. Managers within a sales organization need to be able to lead by example not from behind a desk. Talk may sound good but it won't get results and right now ADT has a lot of managers that have no idea what it takes to be a successful rep. The other thing would be get billing under control and stop trying to hide how messed up it really it is. A lot of good customers are lost every year because of billing and because of a shortage of people that actually care about doing their jobs the right way.

ADT Security Services Photos