ADT Security Services

Updated September 21, 2014
2.4

ADT Security Services CEO Naren Gursahaney
Naren Gursahaney

Pros
  • Good benefits, make your own schedule, not require to come into office everyday (in 53 reviews)

• Used to be great benefits but nothing good to say anymore (in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • The big guys have found ways to keep cutting pay on the sales reps (in 34 reviews)

• Commission pay - you're told salary plus, door to door knocking - you'll be told appointment only (in 14 reviews)

More Highlights

Prides itself on innovation and service. Could not be further from the truth

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

I cannot really say anything positive about the company, other than the health insurance premiums that we pay are reasonable.

Cons

Your income, albeit very small, is dependent upon numerous factors that are beyond your control. You sell a product and only get paid after it is installed. You are reliant on admin and installers to properly install your system which is sub-par at best. You are micro-managed by your managers who are micro-managed by their superiors. There are frequently mistakes with respect to the commission you are paid and the compensation packages have changed twice in the last 6 months.
    When you are interviewed, they essentially talk you in to taking the job with unrealistic income projections. Increase your mileage reimbursement to your sales people. Fifteen cents per mile is a joke.

Speak to the people in the field. Do not rely upon what your sales-managers tell you as they are managing from their thrones and not involved in the game. Product-training needs to improve especially since the products change so frequently. Spend less time on conference calls. These calls take place in the morning when most of your sales staff are in the office. This time should be available for the sales people to confer with their managers. Have your calls in the afternoon, after your sales people hit the streets.

Company going down hill.

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You will find great people at this company. Everyone is friendly and willing to help.

Cons

This company is just falling apart. Best advice, move on.

Treat your employees with the respect they deserve. We have families that we need to care for. With the changes that are taking place you are pushing away your hard working employees who are there to actually help the company succeed. The ADT slogan is "We care" and I completely agree with that, you care in screwing everyone in the company over as well as all the customers.

Great company, wrong position for me.

I worked at ADT Security Services

Pros

Benefits were outstanding. Had a great sales manager that provided enough freedom to perform. Good team to work with and great company values and chemistry. Use salesforce CRM which is a industry leading sales tool. The company is willing to become something other than just a security company.

Cons

Need to help onboarding sales positions. No sales territories and no protections from within make it very difficult to gain traction. Company sales policies and discounting devalue the entire product and name. To the sales rep that is commission based only, your biggest competition is your own company when it comes to sales

Focus on customer retention and stop the predictable continuous discounting.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

small business

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

you will be one of the last 5 out of 100 hired if you have a job there

Cons

clarity of proper direction, consistency in compensation, new untested products, no experts reachable

pretend all the customers you have are all that there is

It used to be a great place to work. Now it feels like prison.

Current Employee - Paper Pusher
    Current Employee - Paper Pusher

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent pay and benefits. PTO time accrues rapidly. Coffee and bottled water are available all the time, free of charge. Occasionally we earn a free meal or other decent prize for our hard work.

Cons

While PTO time accrues rapidly, good luck trying to actually get time off approved by management. Policies and procedures are constantly changing, but the rank and file do not always hear about the changes until either they ask a question or get marked off on a QA review. Ask three different managers a question, and get four different answers. Moving up only happens to those favored few. Most internal requisitions are filled before they are even released to the rest of the company. Management's answer to low morale and low productivity is "The beatings will continue until morale improves." Some sales reps treat us more like secretaries than colleagues. They also are not held accountable for how they treat us, but we are accountable for how we treat them. Some prizes for our hard work seem juvenile and demeaning.

Communicate ALL changes to policies and procedures as soon as they are told to you. Quit punishing us for things that are out of our control, such as the length of time it takes to fix an error. Give us some holidays off and open up more vacation time. Happy employees are productive employees. Make our stats transparent to us again. Get a grip and quit acting like prison guards! If someone is standing up at their desk, that is not necessarily indicative of a problem. Sitting down all day is painful and sometimes we need to get up and stretch between breaks.

The company that protects homes doesn't seem to take care of its own employees!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  DFW, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in DFW, TX

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time

Pros

Name recognition and decent commissions.

Cons

Upper Management doesn't support front line Managers. The human resource department is a joke. They are worse than the Managers!

Take care of your people! The company hires and fires with the best of them. The management and politics involved with the culture change is a real headache. Once the company split off from Tyco it pretty much went downhill. The employees are out to get a quick commission and the management isn't much different.

If your interested in working in security, pick another company, they will under cut you everytime.

Former Employee - Small Business Sales Representative  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Small Business Sales Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great training! awesome national trainers and you get a weekly gas allowance.

Cons

Most all businesses will "get 3 bids and pick the best one" well every other bid is always going to be 3 times cheaper and all you can say is "well, we're ADT". Quotas are to high.

be more competitive with the market.

Good people, bad pay

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Benefits are pretty decent for what you pay. Advancement opportunities OK if you want it. Local management tries to reward employees with the limited funds they have.

Cons

Pay is not good for what the job entails. Long time employees have no raises to speak of and don't even keep up with the cost of living. No reward for being a dedicated employee. too much time is spent trying to keep the bad employees there when they should just get rid of the bad people. Too much drama within the workforce. Employees use the place as their personal dating service. Managers stand around talking and are not available when people need help. The lunch room and bathrooms are disgusting and dirty, holes in the carpet and benches, no doors on the cabinets, wallpaper ripped down off the walls. Can't believe a million dollar company can't spend a few bucks to renovate areas that need it.

Upper management needs to listen to the people in the trenches and to people who have been there a long time. Instead of adding to the executive workforce for millions of dollars, you should pay your front line employees better. These are the people who make or break your reputation. You spend millions on advertising what a great company ADT is and then customers get mad when their calls and complaints aren't answered because there are not enough people and too many calls in the q to answer efficienly, thus puttiing ADTs reputation in the toilet. Have more respect for the job we are expected to do by paying a decent wage.

No work life balance

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Well established brand name & great benefits. At the office I worked in there was a great office environment and good people to work with.

Cons

No work life balance or separation. You can never give up enough of your life to make upper management happy. Upper management pushed to work holidays and 6 days a week or wanted you to work extra to make up for a holiday.

Take care of your employees because they are the ones taking care of you. Employees in the field are the most important part of the company.

Great experience so far

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great opportunity. Support for your success

Cons

I don't like how long it takes for changes to occur

Worked for ADT Security Services? Contribute to the Community!