ADT Security Services

Updated January 26, 2015
2.4

ADT Security Services CEO Naren Gursahaney
Naren Gursahaney

Pros
  • Good benefits, make your own schedule, not require to come into office everyday (in 58 reviews)

• Used to be great benefits but nothing good to say anymore (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • The lead flow seems to not be equally distributed to the sales reps at all (in 42 reviews)

• They treat you as if you were an salaried employee even though you are 100% commission (in 30 reviews)

More Highlights

Residential SaLes Rep

Former Employee - Residential Sales Representative in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Residential Sales Representative in Boston, MA

I worked at ADT Security Services

Pros

the sales reps were the best that I worked with.

Cons

Pay on the close of the job. You loose about a third of your jobs from the lead time on installs and then when the job goes the tech finds a way to find a problem. Micro management to the point you hate your job. Don't get a paycheck for sometimes weeks. Cannot be the primary pay if you are a single mom or dad.

Too many managers managing. Need to motivate sales reps and not make them feel worthless. Need to pay half of job up front so people can survive. Fix billing department and fix customer service. Keep existing customers.

92% Turnover Rate, Good Luck! I would read this if you are seriously considering a job at ADT.

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Earth City, MO
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Earth City, MO

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have been sitting here for a few minutes trying to think of some. The only pro I can think of is time flexibility, which also causes disorganization. There is no true vision on a national or local level.

Cons

Many. While the unqualified leadership at the local level forcefully and manipulatively dictate every employee in the office, the directors and upper level management tell you to run their specific program, whether your a manager or a rep. This can be very confusing at times. The pay is extremely inconsistent and at times, most employees see $0 paychecks on most weeks. Yes, even the most successful representatives see $0 paycheck weeks. Too much stress for a mediocre job. Top representatives, managers, and ASM's will leverage their experience with ADT and move onto something that they will actually be happy with. I've seen it countless times.

In my tenure with ADT, I have seen almost a hundred people (representatives) come and go from the St. Louis, MO office. There is no argument that very few people make it after a year. With a 92% turnover rate nationally, the business is failing.

RUN THE BUSINESS THE ADT WAY! NOT THE GENERAL ELECTRIC WAY! (From the CEO, President, VP, to the regional director, all have came from GE and need to refocus on a system that works for ADT, not GE. Every field employee can see this company going in the wrong direction and the upper level executive team needs to listen instead of implementing GE policies.

Horrible

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I worked at ADT Security Services

Pros

My fellow co-workers were the only pros.....

Cons

Pay rate is horrible. I was working for Broadview security when ADT bought them out. All of our pay rates got cut after 2 months even though we were promised that they wouldn't be. I went from making $12 hrly + commission part-time to being forced into full-time and a paycut to only $8 hrly + commission. Also the commission rate changed so we weren't getting as much commission as we had been.

Don't lie to your employees or another companies that you bought out employees....

Do not apply you if you need money to pay the bills.

I worked at ADT Security Services

Pros

Good Sales Training.
    Company flies you down to Florida.
    Opportunity to make a lot of money.

Cons

Learning curve is rough.
    Little to no hands on training with the product.
    You are only as good as the weakest link in your support system.

Residential Sales Representative

I worked at ADT Security Services

Pros

I have no good reviews

Cons

Plan to do a lot of driving, to sales opportunities that ware completely unqualified. also be prepared to be in many unsafe situations in the customers homes. unrealistic sales goals, and terrible management. DO NOT WORK HERE!!!

Horrible! Not Tyco anymore

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Benefits
    Insurance is good. Installers ok

Cons

Unprofessional and poor manager.
    Las Vegas office slogan "hire and fire". Price to get a system is different for every business. Micro management is horrible because the management is high stress and pressure.
    All cold call with not many leads. Your pay is depending on if the installer get the equipment installed. They have super high turn over and this office plays favortism. Run

Start training and give leads to reps. Take care of steps have results.

Decent company, but employees are a dime a dozen

Current Employee - Custom Homes Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Custom Homes Sales Representative

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

After 8 years doing outside sales for the residential market, I've seen a lot. The management team is very alert to what is going on, they coach, provide literature, and materials needed. Auto allowance is provided, medical as well as a 401k. $7500 for schooling a year

Cons

Promoting employees from within seldom happens. They look for outside people to bring in to "shake things up." Constant pressure to make increased numbers on sales. $70 pay a day for vacation time. Company values the top 5% of sales people, but rest are replaceable and its made clear. Promises new employees 50k min starting, but its hard to make especially new to this industry

Listen to employees, promote from within, offer better benefits. Focus on customer care and service more than just new sales

Good pay - terrible management

Former Employee - Residential Sales Representative in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Residential Sales Representative in Greenville, SC

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

salary and benefits - will pay towards furthering education - which then leads to promotions

Cons

unethical management -
    Too much turn over
    Promoting people into management that have many complaints against them
    Upper management looks the other way
    Micromanaged too much

Listen to the sales reps that are out there bringing in the customers - if they share concerns and are 100% commission - they want to stay but nobody is listening to concerns. There was a point in time when this office had very good staff - then the "leadership" changed and none of the newer reps were even being trained properly - this company had the potential to be a wonderful company but the reputation it is building is no longer a positive one.

Unstructured Company

Former Employee - Collector in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Collector in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The benefits are pretty good. You can make decent pay with hard work and overtime. I enjoyed the incentives,pto and bonus... in certain depts.

Cons

Alot of the managers are unreliable
    The environment doesn't have much structure at all.

The irate calls and dissatified customers are repetitive due to the lack of effort from lazy reps.

Outside residential sales rep

Current Employee - Residential Sales Representative in Wallingford, CT
    Current Employee - Residential Sales Representative in Wallingford, CT

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Brand name. Great product and logo

Cons

Has turned into worst place to work, cutthroat , they don't care about anyone. Impossible to
    Conduct business at this company.

Clear out all managers, blind sided by new leadership and policies that upset sales reps and they leave. Managers badger, harass and demean sales people.
    Go back to leadership that cares for employees and don't look over shoulder evry 2 seconds.

Salesforce has turned over at least twice in 15 years.

ADT Security Services Photos