ADT Security Services

Employer Engaged

Failure on all levels

Current Employee - Associate Director in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Generally competent mid tier workforce, some nice amenities (only in corporate headquarters).

Cons

Pay scale - 30-40% lower than market standards.
    Hires from outside instead of promoting from within. Internal promotions non existent.
    Employee retention is almost as bad as customer retention, attrition is the highest I have seen.
    Work life balance is nonexistent, 60+ hour weeks are commonplace.
    Weak management that is not held accountable when they miss the mark.
    Over utilization and dependency on contract employees and agencies.

Reward and retain the teams and individuals that are performing well. Stop making changes just to change things, with no real benefit to customers, company, or employees. Stop burning out employees, it cuts into your overall productivity. Promote your best consistent performers from within, every time you lose someone good you lose their experience inside the company too.

This company pays well and has wonderful benefits. But they were one of the worse companies I have ever worked for.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Knoxville, TN

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This company has very good pay and benefits.

Cons

This company is ruthless when it comes to the humanity of people. There were people dying on the floor, trying to prevent losing their jobs because the company would write you up if you were in the hospital. The customer service policies that the company have in place are not beneficial to customers at all. Its a hard company to work for. No flexibility with college students or people with families.

Consider taking care of your employers as humans a little bit more so they will be able to provide that exceptional customer service experience.

Sales

I worked at ADT Security Services

Pros

The hours were good if you hit the quota.

Cons

Awful work environment. Quotas for sales were very difficult. (cold calls)

Stop cold calling!

A total fiasco in Kansas City

Former Employee - Residential Sales Representative in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Residential Sales Representative in Kansas City, MO

I worked at ADT Security Services

Pros

They have free coffee in break room and they had HyVee supermarket food for Christmas. You get to work seven days a week and you get donuts, and if your lucky you get a muffin on mandatory unpaid office work on Saturdays. The coffee and sugar keeps you motivated to make hundreds of cold calls to peoples homes. Those people were always so thrilled to get phone calls on a Sat. or Sun at 8AM. It was also nice to cold call-door to door in high crime areas of inner city Kansas City. I was able to visit areas I never dreamed of!

Cons

There are no good reasons to work at a company which has a 92% turnover rate. You can expect to provide gifts to managers. I was asked to provide tickets to baseball game two days before start date. Shame on me, but i needed work. Work on commission only and no respect for family or personal time which included phone calls on Sat. and Sun sometimes after 10PM. Numerous promises made during interview were not kept. OSHA violations by not reporting accidents and injuries. You can also expect customer service/install issues and management incompetence affecting you financial livelihood. There are just too many negatives to bore the readers with.

Wake up! Just because you have been around awhile doesn't mean you do things right. Are you happy with hundreds of horrible reviews from employees and customers? It seems that you need to re-access your service to customers. For example, when your are touting your "state of the art equipment" why would you use application/contract paperwork that is three feet wide and cumbersome and then spend hours trying to call in sales from people homes? That type of system I believe went away in the '70's? Customers ask why we don't use more modern methods of sales. It makes us look unprofessional and makes people question whether our systems are cheap and unreliable and reliable as well. Think how much revenue is lost on recruiting, hiring and training new employees only to have even seasoned sales reps leaving every five minutes. Other initiatives are not followed, like requiring installers to communicate to sales reps when they are at homes and there are issues. Follow the Golden Rule! Would you like to work 60 plus hours, 6 or 7 days a week after week, after week, month after month with no income to take care of your family. Also, when you have contest winners, please fulfill your promises.

A terrible company to work for in sales.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at ADT Security Services (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nothing good to say at all.

Cons

Everything is terrible in Las Vegas.

Become human.

Slowly loose your own self for working at ADT.

Current Employee - Relocation Department National Sales Center in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at ADT Security Services (more than a year)

Pros

My pay is extremely well. I'm a student in school and started ADT making $9 an hour plus my commision(min of $1000 every month) and I was part time! Once my part time schedule no longer worked for me, I had to go to full time bc there is only one schedule available for part time. Currently, I make $11 an hour and the commision is better in my department. Most of the time, if you stay positive the customers due. the pulse attracts a lot of customers for the home automation, although the prices are all higher then any compition. ADT also has tuition reimbursement, so that is w nice benefit. Mostly enjoy all my coworkers although there's too much negatively always about something that is changing.

Cons

Every manager drank too much corporate KOOL aid. Mandatory overtime can be added whenever they like, if you have a life(OR SCHOOL) its too bad. It's nearly impossible to request a full day off, let alone for a week vacation. Although I hear people yelling at customers all day, I told a customer "to calm down so I could help" and then three managers had to take me in their office and tell me how that's unacceptable. I didn't make an effort to change due the customer was yelling and he actually ended up happy by the end of the call. If you clock in or out three minutes on any days before or after every holiday, you get a min of .5 points for the day and 2 no matter if you are sick. You can only have 5 points per year. Just the other day, an African American coworker mentioned how every manager is white, I never noticed before. Over 50% of The building is of other races, yet not one manager is not a Caucasian.

Again, too much corporate KOOL aid was dranken to become a manager, all are extremely ADT brainwashed and expect the same from you.

New manager not so bright

Former Employee - Alarm Technician in Bakersfield, CA
    Former Employee - Alarm Technician in Bakersfield, CA

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good hands on learning lots of traveling to different cities meeting of many different types of people

Cons

Worked close to 4 years and new manager brought in was clueless about what it takes to be a manager the team he was given was already doing great adt never payed any attention to the complaints of employees bakersfield needs a competent manager I wasn't fired I left so that makes this con very different

Listening to employees concerns should make a huge difference in the company

Horrible place to work.

Former Employee - Commercial Services Tech in Valparaiso, IN
    Former Employee - Commercial Services Tech in Valparaiso, IN

I worked at ADT Security Services

Pros

Largest security company in the world. Plenty of work. ADT has offices all over the world so there are plenty of places to work from.

Cons

Don't care about employees or customers. Its all about how much money they can make and how little they can pay you. If you take a promotion plan on being out of work with in a year.

Be aware sales representatives.

Current Employee - Residential Sales Representative in Melbourne, FL
    Current Employee - Residential Sales Representative in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at ADT Security Services

Pros

Huge commission if customers buy top of the line and have good credit.
    Great exercise from door to door and dog chases.

Cons

Just because you make a deal doesn't equate to a great paycheck. You may make $0 to $305 depending on what you give the customer.
    You get paid on install and not that week either. You have to wait 2 weeks after install to get paid.
    No base salary, wouldn't be bad if the commission was a set amount.
    Be prepared for 70+ hour work weeks. With 30 hours toward driving and prep talks.

Stop the time waisting motivational talks every day.
    Start knocking earlier.
    Create more detailed training.

ADT's lack of vision at top leads to frustration, confusion among rank and file

Former Employee - Manager in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Manager in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Lots of perks at HQ office: discounted cafeteria and Starbucks, salon, massage, doctor's office, chiropractor, gym, delivered dry cleaning, on-site car wash, credit union. Other benefits (medical, dental, etc) are standard for corporations. ADT is the juggernaut in the electronic security industry.

Cons

ADT has a growing number of competitors and is not nimble enough to change with the times. Priority is keeping Wall Street happy, when it should be keeping its customers happy, and helping employees in the field who serve the customers. Senior leaders say the priority is improving customer service but the actual priority is sell, sell, sell. Lots of broken and antiquated systems and processes and high staff turnover. Preference is to hire people from outside rather than promote from within.

ADT Security Services Photos