ADT Security Services

ADT Security Services Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2014

ADT Security Services CEO Naren Gursahaney

Naren Gursahaney

Pros
  • Good benefits, make your own schedule, not require to come into office everyday (in 53 reviews)

• Used to be great benefits but nothing good to say anymore (in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • The big guys have found ways to keep cutting pay on the sales reps (in 34 reviews)

• Commission pay - you're told salary plus, door to door knocking - you'll be told appointment only (in 14 reviews)

More Highlights

Unethical

Small Business Sales Representative (Former Employee)

ProsSome freedom regarding your schedule. You generally go where the money is (hopefully). Territories are fairly flexible, changing.

ConsLow pay. "New" commission structure that doesn't get you paid until the install is complete. Thus, if you have an idiot install manager (I did), your pay gets held up until the idiot gets his "crew" to finish the job. He also has a budget. That means he will go over any contracts and make sure that he "gets his". This ultimately can hold up or stop completely a job from being completed.

Advice to Senior ManagementPoor training. Poor communication. No leadership at the office level. Locally, Cox Comm. is now penetrating the residential security market. Adding this service to their "bundle" will NOT help ADT.

There are better companies out there. . . .

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsGood people at the lower levels and work/life balance

ConsSerious lack of leadership and direction and no room for advancement unless you know someone. No training at all. Benifits are awful!

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your employees. There is a reason why ADT has been rated one of the worst companies to work for.

Operations Support Manager

Operations Support Manager (Current Employee) New Orleans, LA

ProsHealth benefits were great. Other benefits like PC purchase programs or employee perks were good.

ConsManagement training and corporate support lacked.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your employees. Only then will they take care of you.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Good, but...

Field Support Center Tech Support 1+ (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsPlenty of Training and opportunity for advance, decent pay, Work gets easier with time, Very Flexible.

ConsCompany needs to step up with their systems, they cannot expect to cover all of the US and Canada, when systems go down weekly, slowing down the whole process. Not a major issue as someone that worked for an IT department before, I understand that bugs and things of that nature happen, but ADT needs a little more quality in order to exceed expectations.

Not for everyone. but hey if you have the drive & personality to do door to door sales, you might go far.

Assistant to Marketing Director (Former Employee) Mesa, AZ

ProsGood group of guys working at a new office willing to help you grow your sales pitch and be a better employee.

Fair commission based compensation

Good bonuses, do well get rewarded.

ConsIts Door To Door Sales.

Its commission only if your an outbound sales rep. so no sales=no $$$

Kinda of a Frat house mentality around the office. especially with the more higher ups

Only 1 Day Off the whole week for newbies

Generally knocking doors untill 8'o'clock at night.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of doing cold sales why not set up an office where people who want a home security system can come in on their own time and talk to a sales rep.

Implement a different style of advertising local offices and allow people to call their office, & have the ability to schedule an interview with a sales rep at their house instead of doing all cold calls.

Great place to work

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people, great benefits, great pay

ConsNo cons that come to mind

ADT appears to have been successful by default

Residential Sales Representative (Former Employee) West Palm Beach, FL

ProsI worked in Sales. By the time I left there were no perks. I worked there for 5 years and each year they took away more perks, lowered commissions and increased job duties.

ConsNo communication or cohesion between departments. They all pass the buck. Nobody within, especially managment, takes responsibility or goes the extra mile to help a customer. Customers ultimately suffer by doing business with this company. Billing is 99% sure to be messed up to the point where customers are blowing your phone up at all hours of the night because nobody in ADT will help them. Even the billing department tells customers to call their sales people even when it's billing dept's fault. So incredibly micro-managed.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake responsibility, coach your reps to better themselves. Return their phonecalls when they need help. to run from or ignore customer problems. It's your job to get involved!! Fight the corporate machine and stop micro managing reps. You dont pay them a salary or an hourly! Let them sell.

Overworked, underappreciated.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAt first you think there are a lot, and you think you are making all kinds of friends. Then you realize they are not your friends. There are no Pros, except maybe free t-shirts.

Consbackstabbing left and right, managers accusing you of doing things you didn't do. One person might magically get 5 weeks of vacation after only being there 2 years, when you might have to work 10 years to get that.

Advice to Senior Managementget a clue. get involved with the employees. They talk a big talk, but that is it.

Worst Company Ever

Emergency Dispatch Operator (Current Employee) West Henrietta, NY

ProsThe health benefits are good.

ConsCall center is disgustingly dirty. Very strick attendance policy and you are required to show up for work in a state of emergency, this is including driving bans. If you do not show up you are not give an excused absence it comes out of your sick time because you should of found a way to make it to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your front line employees, we deal with the customers on a daily bases and know what works and what does not work. Are advice would go along way and customers would be more satisfied.

Management

Manager IT (Former Employee) Jacksonville, IL

ProsLife Safety, History, building, cafeteria, Gym

ConsNo Cohesive strategy, Self Centered Leadership, link between Leadership and next level extinct , Common Sense Business Decision

Advice to Senior ManagementYour best and most talented people are leaving the comoay

Worked for ADT Security Services? Contribute to the Community!