ADT Security Services

Updated September 18, 2014
2.4

ADT Security Services CEO Naren Gursahaney
Naren Gursahaney

Pros
  • Good benefits, make your own schedule, not require to come into office everyday (in 53 reviews)

• Used to be great benefits but nothing good to say anymore (in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • The big guys have found ways to keep cutting pay on the sales reps (in 34 reviews)

• Commission pay - you're told salary plus, door to door knocking - you'll be told appointment only (in 14 reviews)

More Highlights

A lot of change, and no real communication

Current Employee - Residential Sales Representative  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Residential Sales Representative in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Freedom of the road, not being cooped up in a cubicle...but a lot of former "pros" to this job are vanishing quickly

Cons

New competitors every day, no real intel or response to outrageous claims of competitors, no diversity of product, uncompetitive pricing, company can see cheaper over the phone, and no longer respects prospects you have created or touched (will sell out from under you), no base salary or any financial security, no longer pays at sale, but weeks or even months later when the job is finally closed, no one taking responsibility in management, but bounces problems department to department, customer retention becoming a huge problem, as is overpromising and underdelivering

If you want to change the way you do business, be upfront and honest with your team members and get everyone on board, and those you no longer want on board, let go in an honest and professional manner. Don't preach ethics then be duplicitous. It is obvious we are being prepped for sale or merger, but no one is saying anything.

Stay Away. Has to be one of the worst managed companies in the country.

Current Employee - Small Business Sales Representative  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Small Business Sales Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Maybe that you get to use an iPad. Can't think of much.else to say except that you can get hired easily because they change employees and managers like people change sox.

Cons

Archaic ordering system. They constantly look for ways not to pay you. Not worth the tiny training salary. Most people seem to leave in a matter of months.The pricing changes constantly, lot of their new products don't work as advertised. Even if you make a few sales, be prepared to wait weeks or longer to get paid. Be prepared to spend hours calling in your sale. Be prepared to be undercut by ADT authorized dealers or ADT online or mail price quotes.

Quit.

Worst Job On the Planet

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in San Diego, CA

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are no pros. ADT is the armpits of a person who has not showered in two years.

Cons

It is a place that sucks the joy out of you.

Advice??? You know how employees feel, and you simply do not care.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales representative

Current Employee - Residential Sales Representative  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Residential Sales Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Ability to make as much as you want

Cons

Too much internally restructuring going on at one. Making changes too fast to systems and seeing if it sticks instead of strategically implanting policies. Preach customer obsession but not practice because upper management is too worried about stockholders instead of customers who hold the company together

Need more leaders and less micromanagers

ADT SINKING

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at ADT Security Services

Pros

Subcontractors and techs making extra money on the side using ADT parts. Sales people's and mangers giving customers everything free just to get the customer locked into a 3 year contract

Cons

A challenge working for ADT is using up vacation time and sick time going on job interviews

Stop ripping the customers off

Typical revolving door sales culture.

Former Employee - Small Business Sales Representative  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Small Business Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent starting salary.
    Decent bonus program for high volume sales.
    Quality sales training program.

Cons

Manager demand sales even when customer only wants info or price comparison.
    High turnover rate.
    Lots of paperwork which needs to be filled out perfectly, otherwise you will get attitude from data entry and process is stalled.
    Constant harassment from management making sure you are working.
    Product isn't as good as advertised.
    Installers can screw up the install, costing you a sale.
    Lots of driving to meet potential customers.

Quit complaining about the sales people and focus on quality of the product and service of install. Help the sales force close sales and you probably won't have such a high turnover rate.

horrible and cares nothing about their employees!

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time

Pros

co workers that have been there a while are amazing but falling like flies. Office is beautiful with a Starbucks downstairs on the Mainstreet and a very nice cafeteria with discounts, etc...

Cons

leadership does not care about employees. All upper management is brand new, none of which know anything about security or connected home or anything else for that matter. All are bringing in buds instead of qualified professionals. stay away, you won't last even if they choose you.

please stop ruining the lives of your dedicated employees.

bad custumer care and services.

Current Employee - Small Business Sales Representative  in  El Paso, TX
    Current Employee - Small Business Sales Representative in El Paso, TX

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

large company, well stablish. good acceptance for the new customers.

Cons

bad custumer care and services.

she was ok, but at the end, it was all about numbers no about the customer.

Install Tech

Current Employee - High Volume Residential Installer
    Current Employee - High Volume Residential Installer

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Overall the company is a good company. Your fellow installers are great. We stick together we help each other with everyday issues.

Cons

Dealing with the impossible demands of management. Doing 3+ install in a daily basis finishing after 6pm then not being realistic to understand we are human and have lives outside of this company. Feeling pressured that if you complete your days work and it's 3pm you will be asked to complete another 3-4 hr job with the response of "we own you till 5"

Your technicians allow you to keep your position. Realize without us you are unemployed. Treat us with respect and stop trying to over work because one day you will get pushed back when we report you to YOUR superior

Productivity specialist

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rochester, NY

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The benefits start really quick once your hired, and there are opportunities for growth if your lucky.

Cons

There is vary little work life balance. Trying to take a vacation is next to impossible and to make it worst. Your vacation time is taking away. Once the new year starts. The pay horrible, and management will always place other department work on you. No accountability on who does what, all issues or error are your fault. Even if you weren't working at the time of the error or problem.

Forcing your employees to have to use there sick days in order to get a day off is not right. Then after there sick days are used up, you can't get a vacation day to go threw. To make matters work at the end of the year you take all vacation time back if we didn't use them. Then you write us up cause we call out sick, because we want to use or vacation time earn, and all of our sick days were used up.

Worked for ADT Security Services? Contribute to the Community!