ADT Security Services

Updated January 31, 2015
2.4

ADT Security Services CEO Naren Gursahaney
Naren Gursahaney

Pros
  • Good benefits, make your own schedule, not require to come into office everyday (in 58 reviews)

• Used to be great benefits but nothing good to say anymore (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • The lead flow seems to not be equally distributed to the sales reps at all (in 42 reviews)

• They treat you as if you were an salaried employee even though you are 100% commission (in 30 reviews)

More Highlights

Good pay - terrible management

Former Employee - Residential Sales Representative in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Residential Sales Representative in Greenville, SC

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

salary and benefits - will pay towards furthering education - which then leads to promotions

Cons

unethical management -
    Too much turn over
    Promoting people into management that have many complaints against them
    Upper management looks the other way
    Micromanaged too much

Listen to the sales reps that are out there bringing in the customers - if they share concerns and are 100% commission - they want to stay but nobody is listening to concerns. There was a point in time when this office had very good staff - then the "leadership" changed and none of the newer reps were even being trained properly - this company had the potential to be a wonderful company but the reputation it is building is no longer a positive one.

Unstructured Company

Former Employee - Collector in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Collector in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The benefits are pretty good. You can make decent pay with hard work and overtime. I enjoyed the incentives,pto and bonus... in certain depts.

Cons

Alot of the managers are unreliable
    The environment doesn't have much structure at all.

The irate calls and dissatified customers are repetitive due to the lack of effort from lazy reps.

Outside residential sales rep

Current Employee - Residential Sales Representative in Wallingford, CT
    Current Employee - Residential Sales Representative in Wallingford, CT

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Brand name. Great product and logo

Cons

Has turned into worst place to work, cutthroat , they don't care about anyone. Impossible to
    Conduct business at this company.

Clear out all managers, blind sided by new leadership and policies that upset sales reps and they leave. Managers badger, harass and demean sales people.
    Go back to leadership that cares for employees and don't look over shoulder evry 2 seconds.

Salesforce has turned over at least twice in 15 years.

Don't do Small Business

Current Employee - Small Business Sales Representative in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Small Business Sales Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I made money and was able to support myself in the 3 years I was there.

Cons

Pay on close structure,unnecessary wear/tear on car and commission structure is horrible.

Great company with great people.

Former Employee - Direct Sales in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Direct Sales in Richmond, VA

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The work environment, Everyone was there to help in starting.

Cons

The commission thing was kind of tough.

Salary should be increased.

Working for ADT Security Services for the past 4 years was an experience in change.

Former Employee - Tech 1+ in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Tech 1+ in Irving, TX

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

they have evolved from being a part of TYCO since they split into their own for small business and home security in 2012. The evolution is still in progress as far as ADT having set their own precedence and procedures and getting them right but they are trying and most importantly they are now a Customer obsessed culture.

Cons

The transition has been a hard one and could have been thought out and prioritized a bit better. They brought in some third party company to tell them how to make the customer experience better and without this company having a full understanding of what our dept actually does they suggested unrealistic expectations for us. We as field support agents (techs) are not call center reps, more like data center reps with some tech support, billing, contracts, and other things thrown in the mix.

Stop with the micro-management the third party (has no idea what they are talking about) company suggested and get back to letting us do what we do best and keep on with bettering the customer (our's are field techs) experience. Find ways to make their jobs easier not ours and consequently theirs.

Just Starting

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I have no idea what to expect. ADT brand has been in business for over 100 years, bur it seems they have take on a wider role of creating authorized dealers, instead of corporate controlled branches.

Cons

I don't know what to expect. You figure there would be a base salary, but it seems it's straight commission, which is an issue for most. It seems in order to move up the ranks you have to knock on doors and that can get old after awhile especially with some of the reviews I've been reading about the companies lack of customer support after they have been sold on the free security system con. Again, I don't know what to expect, but a part of me says to run away from working for these people. However, I see things through until I prove to myself the rumors are true and then I will exit gracefully.

Improve public opinion and internet relations, because right now the bad press is killing the companies reputation.

Long Time ADT Employee, I have been here almost 13 years. For a while all was good and I was challenged, then sent me

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time

Pros

Stable insurance and stable work.

Cons

no vertical movement, and some of the higher up personnel are leading with a degree in ministry…in sales!

Open your eyes and see those that really make a difference,

If your into micromanagement this is the job for you.

Former Employee - Residential Sales Representative in Riverside, CA
    Former Employee - Residential Sales Representative in Riverside, CA

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good benefits. Paid training while you learn. Reimbursement on mileage and phones. It's a competitive business so it is tough and can be cut throat.

Cons

Your on your own once they release you from initial training. It's either sink or swim. You have to find your own leads and keep your quota each month. You have to work every Saturday.

More on the job training in the field. By focusing on the employees the numbers will come.

It's not what I thought it would be.

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The commissions are pretty good. Customer Service will do anything they can to help you when you are in a weird situation. The referral program is tremendous! ADT does seem to actually care about the customers.

Cons

ADT is the largest player in the industry, but the name recognition is not what I thought it would be. More people than I thought have had bad experiences with ADT. I am shocked how many! The training I had in my office and as I watched other new reps was horrible. It was a bunch of waiting around on the Manager while they deal with customer issues. The training was full of a bunch of stuff that ended up being useless. The information I actually needed was learned on the job, which is too late. They do send you for 4 days to a Training class in either Dallas or Jacksonville. The class is pretty good, the Instructors are AWESOME! Everyone I speak to say their Instructor was great. My Instructor, Mr. Z was extremely impressive!

From an operational standpoint, it is a disaster! There are way too many moving parts. Too many phone numbers to call for similar issues. Too many websites as well. I bet I have 25 different user ID's and passwords. It is completely ridiculous! Even my boss who loves ADT thinks so, everyone does.

You are given some leads, but not a minimum amount. You need to sell at least 15 total units in a month and 4-6 of the units need to be self-generated. That's not an actual issue, unless you aren't given enough leads to make sales and get referrals. The lead flow seems to not be equally distributed to the sales reps at all. It seems to be completely random. Sometimes even the best, most experienced reps get less leads for no known reason.

The equipment pricing is expensive.

ADT has authorized dealers who sell to the same customer base and are allowed to offer much better deals than Corporate Reps, such as myself. 100% of the reps in my office think it isn't fair. Why can't the pricing be the same. We lose a bunch of sales to Dealers because they have much better deals to offer, plus when we try to explain it to the Customer, it confuses them!

After shopping other avenues of hime security, ADT is not close the best from a technological standpoint. The equipment works, but it isn't the best by any means. The wireless Cameras are horrible, there are so many tech issues. Plus the Camera system are so expensive most people laugh when you tell them the cost of one Camera.

The sales pressure from your boss can be high, depending on your manager.

ADT Sales Rep Position was voted the 7th worst job in the US. I didn't know that before I took the job.

The company is so big, I'm not sure if you can resolve the big issues. Fix the operations and the cost. Dealers should offer the same exact pricing.

ADT Security Services Photos