AECOM Reviews

1,186 Employee Reviews

1. current employee

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AECOM full-time

Pros

Unparalleled global reach and world class capabilities.

Cons

It is a large, complex organization which is challenge for some and a opportunity for others.

2. Good overall

Current Employee - Intern - Hourly in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Intern - Hourly in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at AECOM part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As an intern, it's a great look into the world of environmental consulting

Cons

Corporate culture can be annoying, but you'll find this at any consulting firm.

NY

I have been working at AECOM

Pros

Extremely nice people, easy to get along with. Great benefits and management cares about employee engagement. Excellent work/life balance. Management putting effort into diversity makes me happy that I work here. Values and mission statement also make me proud to work for AECOM.

Cons

No female executive leadership. Many of the company's programs and initiatives don't include the corporate staff (about 350). I would like to see more CSR targeted efforts and benefits.

5. landscape intern

I have been working at AECOM

Pros

a famous and big company

Cons

low salary, limited career development

6. DMJM AECOM a rapidly growing company with great job opportunities for architects and engineers

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant

I have been working at AECOM

Pros

Large company. Good benefits. Global company, opportunities abroad. Leading architectural firm in the world. Has cutting edge architectural jobs around the world and the most experienced companies from overseas have merged with dmjm to become AECOM

Cons

It's growing fast, depending on the market, jobs can fluctuate. Going through reorganization and will become Aecom. This may cause some downsizing in the short term but at the same time opportunities for relocation. People rarely quit or retire and most project managers are in their late 50's 60's. Not enough opportunities for young talent to move up.

Advice to Management

Give more training to architects and engineers who want to become project managers. Experience as an architect doesn't necessarily translate into project management skills.Encourage people to move up in ranks.

7. Great Place to Work!

I worked at AECOM

Pros

I was fairly compensated and promoted within a reasonable timeframe. There was strong leadership and management went above and beyond the call of duty, especially as it related to helping with career paths.

Cons

The dynamic growth has caused some problems relating to branding and employee satisfaction (over fairly inconsequential things, however, such as losing the Presidents' Day holiday).

Advice to Management

Attention should be paid to maintaining client cultures while still integrating and cross-selling services. Employees need to be educated on AECOM's full capabilities.

The land of opportunity if you are looking for global mobility in your career.

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at AECOM

Pros

I was able to move through several roles that interested me as I progressed at AECOM. I was able to work with people around the world and had work experiences I could only have with a company like AECOM.

Cons

Project and travel requirements sometime impacted life balance negatively. While I'm aware of efforts to equalize salary inequities the acquisition model has created its been in work for years and its time to get it done. If you go in be sure you get a comp package that satisfies you going in/

Advice to Management

You have a complicated job and are generally doing it very well. Sharing the roadmap with employees so they know what seems like constant aimless reorganization is actually part of a plan would improve their response to the change.

9. It WAS a great, close knit company

I have been working at AECOM

Pros

Team oriented and project focused.

Cons

It's not anymore, it used to be.

Advice to Management

Too many managers, like chef's, ruin the soup

10. Very satisfied as an intern

Current Employee - Intern
    Current Employee - Intern

I have been working at AECOM

Pros

Excellent direct supervisors and excellent work group Good perks like free snacks, drinks, and coffee Great starting salary for an intern Good office location in a public transportation hub Good technology help and good response with supply requests Professional yet relaxed atmosphere Really encourage long-term career advancement Very flexible with working hours, dress code, sick leave, and life-work balance

Cons

It is a huge company, which can be good and bad. It is bad in the sense that all separate entities do not seem fully integrated. Very minimal downsides. Being in a downtown environment means traffic is a bear No other interns at the office for camaraderie

Advice to Management

It's too bad that i am so new that i have not seen the changes that others speak of. I'd love to see a formal internship program implemented, even if for 10 hours per week per employee. Many students need the experience and AECOM is a great place to get it.

11. full of opportunities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

I have been working at AECOM

Pros

Collegiate environment, recognition based on performance not years of experience. Market leading, great projects. You have a range of career paths, including local or global.

Cons

size means its going to be tough to know everyone in your office. There has been a lot of change which can make it tough to keep track of systems etc

Advice to Management

Its important to take the time to connect with staff at all levels through different forums of communication.

Showing 1,186 of 1,248 reviews