AECOM Reviews

2.6
1,012 Reviews

AECOM President & CEO Michael S. Burke
Michael S. Burke

Pros
  • Great opportunities to work in different offices internationally (in 26 reviews)

• The work-life balance is good with the alternative work week program and pay is reasonable (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • horrible company to with a lot of senior management that do not care about thier employees (in 56 reviews)

• Upper management changes the structure of the organization seemingly ever year (in 45 reviews)

More Highlights

Wonderful Experience with Top Notch Professionals!

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist

I have been working at AECOM full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

AECOM has quickly become a world class company, known for it's high level of quality work and the top notch staff. The company has come a long way from being a holding company (with 30+ operating companies all operating on their own). The decision to consolidate into one global firm was the best thing we could have done. It created a rough road with some confusion and uncertainty resulting in our losing some of our team members, but we've come through that tough time with flying colors! AECOM has successfully transitioned into one of the best companies for which to work in the world! AECOM is now winning some of the biggest projects because we have the most creative problem solvers!

Cons

The transition into one global company is on the back end of being complete, but still not completely done. There is still some process fine tuning and staffing re-organization that can create some dark clouds.

Keep doing what you're doing! For such a big company they senior team listens and evolves with new information every day. AECOM employees are a very talented and proud group!

Great place for growth

Former Employee - Proposal Coordinator  in  Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Proposal Coordinator in Arlington, VA

I worked at AECOM full-time for more than a year

Pros

I learned a great deal while working here. Advancement opportunities and mentoring was excellent. The people were the best part and made it so I wanted to come to work everyday. I grew a great deal professionally and was exposed to all aspects of the international development process.

Cons

Expect long hours and quick turnarounds. This is a fast paced environment, which means 60+ hours a week depending on the position you are in. Some people find this invigorating, others find that work is their life. It really depends on the person you are and what you want out of a career.

Worked for AECOM? Contribute to the Community!