AEG Live Reviews

1. Accounting

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at AEG Live

Pros

Great company. A lot of support and access to upper management. Great benefits and perks.

Cons

nothing I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep being innovative and producing high quality shows.

2. Great production team at Best Buy Theater in NY.

Current Employee - Merchandise Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Merchandise Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at AEG Live part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great chance to learn a lot about the inner workings of live concert production.

Cons

A little slow during the summer months.

3. Growing My Career

Former Intern - Promotions Assistant in Royal Oak, MI
    Former Intern - Promotions Assistant in Royal Oak, MI

I worked at AEG Live as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

As a Promotions Assistant, AEG Live allowed me to express ideas in a very open-minded environment. I was able to implement my own ideas into some of the companies current marketing strategies. This company would be a great place to intern at if you are pursuing a career in digital marketing.

Cons

I have no bad things to say about this company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and continue supporting new ideas.

Great Company

I worked at AEG Live full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Overall, AEG Live is a great company to work for. The benefits (health care, 401K, access to concerts) are one of the best I've experienced. The culture is encouraging and the company's vision is set up for ultimate success. I was expected to work every event while other full time employees were not. The work/life balance for me was definitely NOT balanced.

Cons

At the particular office/region I was in, there was no room for growth. My manager would prefer to hire outside of the company rather than promote within. His particular leadership style was not motivating. Compensation did not match the job (and hours) requirements. Monetary promotions were out of the question regardless of the time and dedication put into the job.

Advice to Management

You have some amazing and dedicated employees-- promote and reward them in order to keep them and protect the company's culture.

6. On to bigger and better things

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I worked at AEG Live full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free concert tickets, reasonable vacation time and decent compensation for unused vacation, great experience that will provide a stepping stone for future jobs, endless networking opportunities.

Cons

The pay is abysmal, raises happen infrequently and are so small they might as well be nonexistent, and if you have the audacity to ask for a promotion they might just fire you and replace you with someone else. There is a high turnover rate, and lots of petty drama between employees. As one of the lower people on the totem pole you'll often get yelled at for doing things wrong when your coworkers/superiors give you incorrect information or neglect to tell you something you need to know in order to do your job.

Advice to Management

Stop being so cheap! Invest in people. I've seen 4 employees leave this company in under 2 years, and that's in an office of less than 10 people. Maybe if you took the time to provide people with the proper training and guidance, you wouldn't have to scramble to hire someone new every couple months.

7. Cool company

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at AEG Live as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Networking, unlimited possibilities, many career paths, depending on the season and different positions, you might get to go to shows as an intern

Cons

Complicated and confusing company structure. As an intern, you don't exactly get to learn hands on skills.

Advice to Management

Giving more responsibilities to the interns and at the same time compensating their time here, making it a mutual beneficial situation will be the best.

8. Fast paced work environment.

Former Employee - Security Officer in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at AEG Live part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

One of the premier producers of live events. Flexible with work schedules, good pay, exceptional co-workers. Great way to meet and network.

Cons

Work scheudles are not consistent, has slow months which leads to lack of hours. Opportunities for advancement is very political.

9. Director

Former Employee - Director in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Director in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at AEG Live full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People are amazing. Company benefits (health, paid time off, etc.) and perks (access to concerts) - top notch.

Cons

Depending on the department you work in, it is very hard to advance and receive ongoing training and education. My department head was known throughout the company as being very territorial and hard to get along with. Positive reinforcement was nonexistent. Morale was and still is - from what former co-workers share with me - consistently in the toilet. Oh yeah, compensation is miserably below market value.

Advice to Management

Everything you're doing now. Stop and do the opposite.

10. Wonderful experience for live event lovers.

Former Intern - Booking/Production in West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Intern - Booking/Production in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at AEG Live as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The other employees were very welcoming to the interns. They typically took time out of their day to sufficiently explain how to do certain projects and were receptive to further questions.

Cons

There are not many events to work in the summer so you would do a lot of office work, which can be pretty boring.

Unpaid internship

Former Intern - Intern in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Intern - Intern in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at AEG Live as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

If you love music, you get to see a sneak peek of the industry that runs some of the largest festivals and tours out there. Interns were able to work Coachella and Stagecoach.

Cons

Long periods of no assignments. I went multiple eight hour days without even one assignment.

Advice to Management

If you are not going to pay your interns, at least give them a reason to spend their gas money and time in the office.