AEG Live Reviews

3.3
CEO

1. Accounting

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Great company. A lot of support and access to upper management. Great benefits and perks.

Cons

nothing I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep being innovative and producing high quality shows.

Rough waters

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at AEG Live full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The perks are undeniably awesome if your supervisors allow you to take advantage of them, some of your co-workers are great people, cool to work on national campaigns, exposure to new music, great in-house tools (CMS, analytics, etc.)

Cons

Very clicky, not a great place to be if you're over 35, lots of female employees and still manages to feel like a boys club, credit-hogs, stubborn management.

Advice to Management

Share the wealth. There's a lot of skill and enthusiasm to be found in the lower rungs not being utilized. Stop spending so much on external agencies and tools -- empower your staff to do more in house and let them take credit for a job well done. And stop making employees feel like crap for enjoying the perks your company has to offer.

3. Watch what team you are on.

Pros

Fast Paced, Exciting, perfect for the music fan.

Cons

Like High School, many cliques and management expecting a lot for free.

Great Company

I worked at AEG Live full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Overall, AEG Live is a great company to work for. The benefits (health care, 401K, access to concerts) are one of the best I've experienced. The culture is encouraging and the company's vision is set up for ultimate success. I was expected to work every event while other full time employees were not. The work/life balance for me was definitely NOT balanced.

Cons

At the particular office/region I was in, there was no room for growth. My manager would prefer to hire outside of the company rather than promote within. His particular leadership style was not motivating. Compensation did not match the job (and hours) requirements. Monetary promotions were out of the question regardless of the time and dedication put into the job.

Advice to Management

You have some amazing and dedicated employees-- promote and reward them in order to keep them and protect the company's culture.

6. On to bigger and better things

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I worked at AEG Live full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free concert tickets, reasonable vacation time and decent compensation for unused vacation, great experience that will provide a stepping stone for future jobs, endless networking opportunities.

Cons

The pay is abysmal, raises happen infrequently and are so small they might as well be nonexistent, and if you have the audacity to ask for a promotion they might just fire you and replace you with someone else. There is a high turnover rate, and lots of petty drama between employees. As one of the lower people on the totem pole you'll often get yelled at for doing things wrong when your coworkers/superiors give you incorrect information or neglect to tell you something you need to know in order to do your job.

Advice to Management

Stop being so cheap! Invest in people. I've seen 4 employees leave this company in under 2 years, and that's in an office of less than 10 people. Maybe if you took the time to provide people with the proper training and guidance, you wouldn't have to scramble to hire someone new every couple months.

7. Fast paced work environment.

Former Employee - Security Officer in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at AEG Live part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

One of the premier producers of live events. Flexible with work schedules, good pay, exceptional co-workers. Great way to meet and network.

Cons

Work scheudles are not consistent, has slow months which leads to lack of hours. Opportunities for advancement is very political.

8. Director

Former Employee - Director in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Director in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at AEG Live full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People are amazing. Company benefits (health, paid time off, etc.) and perks (access to concerts) - top notch.

Cons

Depending on the department you work in, it is very hard to advance and receive ongoing training and education. My department head was known throughout the company as being very territorial and hard to get along with. Positive reinforcement was nonexistent. Morale was and still is - from what former co-workers share with me - consistently in the toilet. Oh yeah, compensation is miserably below market value.

Advice to Management

Everything you're doing now. Stop and do the opposite.

9. Fun job

Pros

Supervisors are pretty nice and we get some good perks.

Cons

Management as a whole can sometimes be overbearing. Sometimes there are too many superfluous rules to follow.

Advice to Management

Learn how to communicate better

10. Actor

Pros

They Gave me and Opportunity with them to Preform In the Village of Horrors

Cons

They Did not Pay us from the time we got there which was at 4:00 pm we did not start getting paid until 7:00 pm that's when we open the Doors

Advice to Management

I think they should pay the actors for something like that right when they sit down on the makeup chair

Great Overall Company to Work for

I have been working at AEG Live full-time

Pros

The work environment is encouraging

Cons

Sometimes the atmosphere is cliquish.

RSS Feed </> Embed