AEG

Add Photos

AEG CEO Dan Beckerman

Dan Beckerman

19 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

No training, Bad boss, bad experience!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsSmall discounts at surrounding restaurants for AEG employees

ConsNo training, snobby bosses, people who complain about their job everyday but can't do anything about it. Hey I know there's always drama in every job but, keep some of that to yourself!

Frustrating isn't the word for it

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsAEG is exciting - they have their hands in everything! I love their ambition and ability to take on new projects (i.e. Farmers Field - NFL stadium in LA) within new markets at whim. They take risks and have the financial backing of billionaire, Philip Anschutz, to make their dreams turn into reality. The business prospects and future of AEG are bright due to their business model, financial backing and lack of any real competitors. I was thrilled to nail the job at AEG and had the best intentions upon accepting my offer letter. I made it to the big leagues... or so I thought.

ConsManagement provides little to no training to their employees (I was trained by a third party consultant), fails to foster growth & does not recognize the work that is being done by each individual. Nor will they back you in discussions with top management. They continually throw hard working people who do the majority of the work under the bus at whim. They burn employees to the ground with unrealistic amounts of work all with deadlines that can't be met unless one succumbs and burns the midnight oil - thus many will ultimately get forced out. I can't tell you the amount of people that I've seen who have been "let go" due to their at will employment clause which they mention 2x in every single job posting/description. Take note, it happens to the best of them. Lastly, if you ask for help or more assistance in managing your workload, you will be belittled and told the deadlines are what they are.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe stiff, corporate, cutthroat, "do or die" environment is not conducive to productivity and creates a very hostile work environment. Management needs to offer training & support their employees. Turnover will remain staggeringly high until you change this mentality. Management also needs to create a team environment where everyone feels they are working together towards a deadline/goal. If that means a manager or director needs to get involved in the work and help out, so be it. Quit with the "he/she didn't get it done in time" - start using "we" and watch how the environment becomes more productive, intuitive & enjoyable to be in.

Great Company, Long Hours, Poor Management

Buyer (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsAEG is such a huge company with a lot of potential. The groups they deal with and the events that they handle are by far the best in the world. If your goal is to work in an entertainment company AEG is number 1 for events.

ConsUnfortunately the Upper management had no communication skills and lacked leadership. Hours were very long 18-20 hours a day and with little to no days off for the first 2 years i was there. We were not allowed any vacation, and employees were always paid late, usually months late. I feel as though you get lost in this huge company, and instead of being treated like an employee you are treated like a number. Office politics were always apparent and the overall environment was very stressful.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf management treated their employees more like people instead of machines they would have less turnover. We are the people that continue to make this company a success and we see little to no recognition. Communication is key to running a successful business and you lack this skill. AEG is such an AMAZING company I can only imagine how much more you could do if you treated your employees with a little respect.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Big company, no advancement

Merchandiser (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsLarge company allows for a wide variety of opportunities

ConsStagnant in terms of advancement, unsafe warehouse conditions

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote from within, offer better incentives to keep turnover low and dedicate a safer warehouse environment

Great experience with inexperienced management.

Sales Consultant (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsGreat location to work at LA Live and Staples center.

ConsHours are long, especially during NBA and NHL season. Off seasons are slow and boring.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some people in store management who have prior experience in retail

Really interesting company -- worst of small start-up and large corporate environments

Accounting Manager (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsAEG is a really interesting company, with lots of cool projects and strategies. Most of the people are really nice, smart, and helpful.

ConsSenior management is very detached and unavailable. There is very little communication about expectations until they are not met. There is no flexibility in when or how things get done, but again no advance communication about it. There were several times when 6 o'clock rolled around, and then I was asked to stay late. Wouldn't have been a problem if it was communicated earlier! Lots of micro-managing, no career development, and little encouragement or gratitude. This is a very large private company that stills acts like a smaller firm. Instead of getting the best of both worlds, this place has the worst of each! I was the 3rd person to leave this particular group in six months. At least 1 more left within 2 months of me, and it's only a group of 5!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more involved and meet your teams! There are some very toxic environments being maintained because no one is aware (or maybe no one cares?).

A frustrating place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsThey offer a great package of benefits for all employees. Pay scale is fair but not generous. There are a few great upper level executives.

ConsManager's sole concern is the bottom line. Developing talent and managing people are not their strengths. Internal corporate politics destroy all morale.

A good place to experience in your career.

Director (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsAEG is one of the leaders in an exciting, energetic industry. Continuous expansion and growth, both organic and through acquisition have made this organization an impressive force in their sector. It is an exciting place to work. It has great people who are committed to the company's cause.

ConsRapid growth and success has outpaced the organization's infrastructure. It is a large, complex organization with a global footprint, and needs more leadership with large organization experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize the need for investment in people, systems, management and leadership training.

This place is only a stepping stone

Service Associate (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsThere is no salary plan so if you have an uniformed boss, huge salaries can follow.

ConsThe only thing management cares about is the bottom line. Priorities shift on a daily basis and too much time is spent on unproductive ideas only to be scraped when the next wonder woman walks in the door. There is parity in this company and the management hasn't figured out that this is not a mom and pop shop any more.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe poor culture comes from the top and until you change the culture will not change

Great

Director (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsGreat place to work and grow

ConsWork/life balance can be a challenge

Worked for AEG? Contribute to the Community!