AEGIS.net

AEGIS.net Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Michael Callihan, PMP

After working at AEGIS.net for over 8 years I cannot imagine working for a better company

Senior Consultant/Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Reston, VA

ProsThe AEGIS management team puts employees first and fosters an environment in which AEGIS employees want to come to work. All AEGISians are bright, well-rounded team players who are as committed to AEGIS' success as the management team. AEGIS promotes from within - there is always opportunity to learn, expand one's skill set, and move into management positions. AEGIS takes great pride in teaching employees the "Shield Methodology" - it has been a cornerstone of AEGIS from the beginning and our employees as well as the companies that hire us value the quality that AEGIS brings to their organization.

ConsAEGIS is a small company that reinvests in itself and as such over head is kept very low. One might consider this a con in that employees are expected to take responsibility for themselves without much hand-holding from a large operations team.

Advice to Senior ManagementAEGIS management has always put employees and their families first. Please continue to keep focus on this - as I know you will! AEGIS is the type of company that people join and stay because the grass is not greener on the other side!

As a management team you have always had a keen eye on where the industry is going and have invested in keeping AEGIS on the cutting edge. This is part of what draws people to our company and why they stay - it also makes us invaluable to our clients - which is evident in the many long term client relationships we have. This is one of the great things about AEGIS!

good overall experience

ProsLaid back environment depending on the project
    Great benefits offered

ConsNot many problems to discuss

A great place to work if you are family oriented and love working along-side team members to accomplish a task.

Pros-Awesome Benefits
    -Friendly atmosphere
    -Flexible hours
    -Team oriented

ConsTime management can be difficult if a person has many different roles/projects. This becomes a lot easier as you become accustomed though.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

AEGIS.net, Inc. company offers a great benefit package, flexible work schedules and opportunuties for growth.

Senior Consultant/Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Rockville, MD

ProsExecutive Team is tuned to their employee’s needs; AEGIS offers a healthy balance between work and life; Find work very interesting & stimulating; AEGIS offers opportunity for advancement, and family-feel environment. AEGIS is committed to providing the highest levels of quality service to its customers.

ConsBased on AEGIS' diverse service offerings experience in the federal and commercial sectors, I think, AEGIS should expand its services in the areas of IT Security, IT Compliance Management, industry-recognized process framework models implementation, compliance and support etc...

Advice to Senior ManagementNo Comments

“Good Company, Smart People"

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)
    Rockville, MD

ProsChallenging, objective, ability to "help" the Federal government.

- Family-friendly environment with flexible work hours
    - Strong technical skills and capabilities
    - Complex work that keeps employees challenged in a positive way
    - Cooperative and supportive work environment
    - Not really any pressure to ever put in more than 40 hours, though lots of others seem to do so
    - Can take work home as an option
    - Options to work from home
    - Great retirement benefits
    - Plenty of paid time off
    - Business casual dress, Friday jeans

Most of the people you work with are extremely sharp and driven to do what is right for the government agencies they serve and the American taxpayer. Work-life balance is very real and everyone is encouraged to take time off and keep their work hours under control.

Opportunities to grow your skills, keep a work life balance, and work with highly intelligent and ethical people.

ConsIts easy to feel unappreciated when helping our government clients.

Advice to Senior Management- Keep up the good work. Keep bringing on fresh young talent that we can mentor and train.
    - Continue to think outside the box. Don't be afraid to involve more of the organization in group discussions and problem solving.
    - Provide more opportunities for aspiring young professionals to take on leadership roles

Great Company, You will Learn A lot

Consultant (Current Employee)
    Rockville, MD

ProsAEGIS.net has a very fair compensation package, excellent benefits package, and generous vacation package.

Senior Consultants / staff are very willing to sit down and work one on one with younger consultants.

Process Oriented, but also flexible in how things are 'handled' and completed.

Tech Topics on a monthly basis are held internally, employees can attend and learn various skills, tools, and processes.

ConsAs with many small companies, AEGIS.net has some hangups for Administrative tasks (business cards for instance).

Camaraderie can be an issue when employees are spread over several locations.

Advice to Senior ManagementAEGIS.net, Inc. has many good processes, resources, and employees. Utilize these variables to continue to expand the company in both public and private sectors and encourage growth and business development amongst employees.

A very satisfied Employee

(Current Employee)

Pros- Small company, everyone is friendly. I have worked in big companies before where you fell like a stranger. Here it is different as we all know each other so well
     - Good benefits package.
     - Encourages employee to get more technical knowledge by conducting tech topic seminar and encourages emplyees to attend and persume various certifications.
    - Organize regular gatherings to keep in touch with fellow employees

Cons- work could be more appreciated. Not saying its not appreciated. It is appreciated but there is a some more space for improvement. Please motivate the team and appreciate the good work.
    - work is over shadowed
    - I believe HR department has to be more dynamic sometimes there is much delays in getting refunds.

Advice to Senior Management- Keep up the good work.
    - Upper management is very friendly

Great company to work for!

ProsGenerous benefit package
    Each and every employee is well experienced in what they do. Small company environment, you will actually be able to meet with top senior management. The Company is very good at encouraging their employees to broaden their knowledge through monthly pro-topic events and certifications. Overall great small company to work for.

ConsNeed some improvement on administrative tasks.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep focusing on employees needs first. That's the best quality of Aegis.net Inc. More frequent updates on what's going on with the company would help.

AEGIS.net Inc. is a great small business to work for

ProsThe senior management of AEGIS.net strives to make the company a community, where the consultants feel connected to the organization. They meet this objective admirably, with frequent communication about "AEGIS News" and quarterly all-hands meetings.

AEGIS.net is also doing well in supporting various Federal projects, either as a sub-contractor to larger primes or directly. This means growth, which is always good from the point of opportunities to take on greater responsibilities.

The staff at AEGIS.net is generally capable. The senior management team strives to deal with personnel issues quickly and they usually succeed in this as well.

The senior management team also is very supportive of training and obtaining credentials.

ConsAs a small business, AEGIS.net doesn't run large projects so the typical team might be a handful of folks. That means individuals might need to reach back for support as needed or rely on other contractors. Additionally, there may be times when folks are forced to deal with tasks that they are not fully confident with.

Also, company capabilities are still maturing, so simple things like business cards might fall through the cracks.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the focus on people first, and continue to build out corporate capabilities (without substantially developing cost burdens). Keep the comraderie aspect as well.

Worked for AEGIS.net? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AEGIS.net reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AEGIS.net CEO Michael Callihan, PMP. All 9 reviews posted anonymously by AEGIS.net employees.