AEP Industries Reviews

Reset
2.5
AEP Industries President & CEO Nick Akins
Nick Akins

1. Current supervisor...recent promotion!!

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at AEP Industries

Pros

If you are willing to learn, there are very experienced people who are willing to teach. The company does promote a family atmosphere because of the close proximity of the workers and the hours they spend there.

Cons

Some people are discouraged about advancement because most of the higher paid jobs are held by individuals who remain there till retirement. Many employees are also discouraged to learn anything else about the company because of the starting pay scale.

Advice to Management

Promote advancement to the employees. Let them see there is an upside to learning the company from the ground up. The plant manager has awesome ideas that require more focus from the employees.

2. Not hard but not great

I worked at AEP Industries full-time

Pros

Easy work fast paced sometimes slow, can get boring but patience is a virtue payed weekly scheduled work

Cons

Pay needs to be improved too much favoritism in company, and very strict on company policies

3. Lack of structure & communication

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waxahachie, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waxahachie, TX

I worked at AEP Industries full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent starting salary. This company has a lot of potential if corporate would get rid of the management, who doesn't have a clue how to run a facility.

Cons

Double standards! Office supervisor given power well above her job description. No communication between Manger and supervisors! A lot of favoritism ( Manger turns a blind eye to bullying). Ops Manger is clueless, yet still in charge!

Advice to Management

Corporate needs to have higher standards when putting people in charge of a facility! If you have had heard the same complaints about certain supervisors or mangers from different sources then it is true! Solve the issues by getting those people out of power position.

5. One size does not fit all.

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager

I have been working at AEP Industries full-time

Pros

The employees make the company. The guys working the production line are top notch, hard-working, and dedicated to producing a quality product.

Cons

Corporate headquarters is located on the east coast and has little to any concept of life in the southern plains region. They are too controlling; one size does not fit all. They should physically visit each of the plant operations and get a feel for the culture.

Advice to Management

Let loose of the reigns a little. Allow the site locations to develop their own internal forms and handle matters using social milieus appropriate to the culture. Be certain the most recent revisions are on the main portal for access. HR Managers shouldn't have to beg for information; it should be readily accessible and current.

6. The company doesn't have there stuff together.

Former Employee - Data Entry in Waxahachie, TX
    Former Employee - Data Entry in Waxahachie, TX

I worked at AEP Industries

Pros

None! Other then the fact that they are very lenient on overtime pay. If you want the overtime, then you'll get it.

Cons

Bad environment, Corporate doesn't know anything about anything. Don't expect a pay raise ever. Not to mention its over run with immigrants

Advice to Management

Learn how to do your dam job

7. It was a poor facility to work at due to the toxic culture there.

I have been working at AEP Industries full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The location (Mountain Top PA) was a major factor for taking the job.

Cons

Expectations were unreasonable for the minimal training received. I should have listened to the outsiders that recommended NOT to take a job at this plant.

Advice to Management

Allow more time to learn the operation of the plant.

Hostile work environment

Former Employee - Logistics Specialist in Waxahachie, TX
    Former Employee - Logistics Specialist in Waxahachie, TX

I worked at AEP Industries full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company has a great product, and is a growing company. Except for some positions, some do not qualify.

Cons

It was not a professional work environment, poor training if the Supervisor did not like you. She had done this to a lot of others before me. It was a hostile and bullying type atmosphere, making it very hard to do your job in a healthy manner, professional and accurate. HR and management needs to learn more about ones who are bullying and how it effects the victims. But most of all, how it effects the company!

Advice to Management

The issues continued for some time, making the problems only worst. Until she continued to set me up and look bad with lies. Did they not know she would continue until she could set me up. I take pride in my job and as an employee, I work hard and give my all, and try to do my work the best and accurate as I can, I am very serious about this. I could not continue to work under these conditions, it was effecting my job and health.

9. The company lacked consistency in their policy implementation.

Former Employee - Production in Mountain Top, PA
    Former Employee - Production in Mountain Top, PA

I worked at AEP Industries full-time (More than a year)

Pros

North America's number one plastic films manufacturer. They are leaders in their industry. There's opportunity for growth due to their many locations.

Cons

I worked in production and logistics - the hours are long, hot in the summer/freezing in the winter. Policy seems to change weekly. Often the policy change inhibited our ability to complete tasks in a timely manner. The result was always mandated overtime.

Advice to Management

Communication is the key. It needs to be multidirectional - down, up, and lateral. Your employees at the front line are the eyes and ears of the company. You should pay more attention to that.

Sales Coord

I have been working at AEP Industries full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great co workers, cant find anything better. Great environment and benefits

Cons

Not much room for advancement, once you work there people are usually there for 10+ years. Management, VP, etc... family based

I have worked as a customer service representative handling multiple accounts.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at AEP Industries full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

AEP is a very large stable company in the plastic manufacturing industry. Readily increasing productivity.

Cons

There are not a lot of advancement opportunities. Company allows family members to work under other family members which causes different sets of rules for those employees.

Advice to Management

Do not allow family members to supervise other family members. Set up as they work under someone else, but this is not the case.

RSS Feed </> Embed