AEP Industries

Add Photos

AEP Industries President & CEO Nick Akins

Nick Akins

Sales Coord

ProsGreat co workers, cant find anything better. Great environment and benefits

ConsNot much room for advancement, once you work there people are usually there for 10+ years. Management, VP, etc... family based

I have worked as a customer service representative handling multiple accounts.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)

ProsAEP is a very large stable company in the plastic manufacturing industry. Readily increasing productivity.

ConsThere are not a lot of advancement opportunities. Company allows family members to work under other family members which causes different sets of rules for those employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not allow family members to supervise other family members. Set up as they work under someone else, but this is not the case.

Another Empty Promise

Slave (Current Employee) Matthews, NC

Prosthey will hire anyone ,they work 24 hrs a day 7 days a week !

Conslow pay .."too many chiefs not enough indians"....rules are for some not for all ...

Advice to Senior Managementgive all employees drug test and start over!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Forklift Driver

Supervisor (Current Employee) Griffin, GA

ProsIt a good company to grown and learn in the field you are in and the people there is great and very understanding I love to work there it a great company.

ConsThere isn't nothing bad to say about AEP it a great company to work for.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey put the customer first and have the employee back when something accured in the work place.

Great experience for a Summer Position

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI worked there for over three different summers in three different departments;the senior management was always willing to help me complete the task at hand.

ConsDue to being a small public company they were hit greatly due to the financial crisis in 2008 which led to a cutback in jobs at their corporate office.

Advice to Senior ManagementHonestly by being a small company that has tried to make expansions to create more benefits for the employees. While many know the main priory in publicly traded businesses is to maximize shareholders wealth, the company should still implement ways to appreciate it's employees for the great work that they provide.

Not for everyone

ProsFriendly staff. Helpful in transition.

ConsToo much playing of the blame game instead of solving problems, terrible communication between corporate office, warehouses and other branches.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus more on problem solving

Worked for AEP Industries? Contribute to the Community!